Merged 2X: My support for Wanny is over/Wanny's Looking for this/Worst Coach in NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: My support for Wanny is over/Wanny's Looking for this/Worst Coach in NFL

Re: My support for Wanny is over........

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
On NFL countdown, Steve Young hit the hammer on the head. He said year after year, the Dolphins have soooo much talent and yet continue to not play to the level of their talent, ending each year in disappointment. I've supported Wanny for quite some time now, and think he's a good person. But it's clear to me now after 3 years that the talented team we have will never play up to their capabilities with Wanny at the helm. I want him ousted at the end of the year.

I wasn't particulary thrilled when Jimmy the Weasel brought Wanny here to begin with. But when he became the HC [by default] i was willing to give him the same 3 yr window to prove himself. that window closed last Dec. 29th at nE and i've been supportive of his replacement ever since. before the season, I said that IMO, ther only thing to save his job would be AT LEAST in the AFC game. now it looks like we'll likely struggle just to stay at 500 let alone even making the playoffs.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Don't you dare compare Bob Stoops with idiot spurrier.

That's just stupid. One coach is a TRUE firey leader who is also a football genius (especially on defense). The other was a college has-been who just had a good passing scheme that worked against Vanderbuilt and Ole Miss and is not a leader.

Bob Stoops is THE MAN. This is the guy we need.

I totally agree. He is number one on my wishlist. He pulls some trick plays, but he knows what he is doing. He prepares his teams very well. He is an excellent coach, and I think he could do a great job in the NFL.

Hey, I said I don't know Big 12 football. I'm glad to see the guy has at least some supporters among Dolphins fans. Maybe I should check in on Oklahoma in the next couple of weeks...

Originally posted by FinFaninMS
I'd like to know why Wanny is getting all the blame when it's obvious that the team just isn't as talented as everyone thought, especially on defense.

A top defense does not go out and get manhandled in the first quarter like this one did today.

Also, now that the team is playing like crap it's Wanny's fault, so does he get the credit for last year when the Taylor led the league in sacks and Ricky led the league in rushing. Or is he only responsible when the players don't perform.

Bottom line, Wanny will get fired, but it's only because you can't fire the whole team. After the last several weeks, they all deserve to get canned.

Actually, Wanny could stay in personel as far as I'm concerned. he just cannot motivate players and make game day adjusments and such. Think a Parcelss or Herm Edwards team would've come out like that in the 2nd half?? No !!

Dave Wannstedt is looking for this right now:

clear.gif

I can't wait till tomrrow when Dave tells us the team will get better and we will play better. We will still win the SB just wait and see Dave is the man. "We just had a bad game". "Our O-line is good they just need time". I love the part where Dave let our rookie LT work through his problems by himself.....good call. This has to be the worst season of footbal I have ever seen. And to all those who think Fiedler will help this team, you must be smokin the same stuff as Dave.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
And to all those who think Fiedler will help this team, you must be smokin the same stuff as Dave.

Please don't drag us back into the tired Jay/Brian argument. You have your opinion. We have ours. We hashed it all out two weeks ago, and nothing has changed except that Griese has gone 0-2 against a couple of tough teams. That's not going to be enough to make any of you think we're right or to make any of us think you're right.

With that said, I'll point out the offensive linemen have been the same all year. Unless you are willing to point to them in part for Jay's performance, you can't blame them for Griese's performance.

Re: Exactly Jimmy James.........

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

I don't care if it's the '85 Bears defense. If any D is on the field for 75% of the snaps, they will eventually wear down! I'm proud of our defense. If Wanny knew anything, he'd have shored up the OL in the offseason!!!!

:fire:

54, they looked wore out in the 1st qtr today tho. ;)

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Please don't drag us back into the tired Jay/Brian argument. You have your opinion. We have ours. We hashed it all out two weeks ago, and nothing has changed except that Griese has gone 0-2 against a couple of tough teams. That's not going to be enough to make any of you think we're right or to make any of us think you're right.

With that said, I'll point out the offensive linemen have been the same all year. Unless you are willing to point to them in part for Jay's performance, you can't blame them for Griese's performance.

I can agree with that.

Originally posted by Jimmy James
I will once again ask who you guys want on the sidelines. The last time I asked, I only heard one name -- Stoops. Do you really want such a classless guy to take the team over?

Yes, as long as he leads us to a Superbowl.

I see others are joinging me on the Bob Stoops bandwagon. Welcome aboard DolphinDevil. I've been here all year.(hell, last year too)

I thought Stoops said he wasnt leaving OU?

Back
Top Bottom