Merged 2X: My support for Wanny is over/Wanny's Looking for this/Worst Coach in NFL | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: My support for Wanny is over/Wanny's Looking for this/Worst Coach in NFL

Originally posted by Jimmy James
Minor nitpick:

There is a world of difference between winning with style and what happened yesterday. Trust me, I'm no Aggies fan (the only A&M grad I knew was a real SOB). I just hate it when a college team plays a clearly inferior team and rubs it in by scoring 40+ more points than the lesser team scores. That's just not necessary, even if lots of coaches indulge in it.

With the way the BCS is set-up, you have to score as many points as possible in college. In the NFL it is just W/L. In college it is strength of schedule and how badly you beat the inferior teams.

Originally posted by Sydor25

With the way the BCS is set-up, you have to score as many points as possible in college. In the NFL it is just W/L. In college it is strength of schedule and how badly you beat the inferior teams.

Oklahoma seems to have nothing to worry about as goes the BCS. Even if it did, this only means that the BCS is set up poorly and should go in favor of a playoff system. An arbitrary method of pairing up championship contenders doesn't make beating up on an opponent right.

Please don't drag us back into the tired Jay/Brian argument. You have your opinion. We have ours. We hashed it all out two weeks ago, and nothing has changed except that Griese has gone 0-2 against a couple of tough teams. That's not going to be enough to make any of you think we're right or to make any of us think you're right.

With that said, I'll point out the offensive linemen have been the same all year. Unless you are willing to point to them in part for Jay's performance, you can't blame them for Griese's performance.

At least the D plays when Jay is playing.

If we're going to do a rebuild instead of restocking next year, what about somebody running the offensive side of things for Vermiel in KC? Ricky doesn't have the hands to be a Holmes/Faulk, but I think that offense is flexible enough to work with Ricky's game...

That coach is Al Saunders. He has been a head NFL coach before with the Chargers from 1986 to 1988. He succeded Don Coryell in the middle of the 1986 season. He went 14-22 with the regular players and 3-0 with the 1987 scabs.

He was pretty good at getting the team to play above it's ablilty. However his offensive lines were weak. Due to bad line play by his teams both the great Dan Fouts, and his supposed succesor, Mark Vlasic had their carrers end due to the punsihment they got.

Back
Top Bottom