Merged 2X: My support for Wanny is over/Wanny's Looking for this/Worst Coach in NFL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: My support for Wanny is over/Wanny's Looking for this/Worst Coach in NFL

I read this quote from Stoops somewhere.

"There may be a point somewhere in the future where I would like to coach in the NFL," Stoops says. "If that's the case, I hope I'm still successful enough here that I will have the opportunity. When I feel it's right for my family, and I've run the course and done what I've hoped for here, you hope that opportunity comes. And if not, so be it. If it doesn't, it doesn't. I know recruits will read this.

If OU wins it all this year, that time may be now! We need this guy.

Wanny is a great guy ... but it's time we go a different route ... I don't care at this point if it's Stoops or Snoop Dog ... thanks for the memories Dave.

Wanny can't coach his way out of a paper bag

Originally posted by FinsOnTop
Wanny is a great guy ... but it's time we go a different route ... I don't care at this point if it's Stoops or Snoop Dog ... thanks for the memories Dave.

If you want to put the blame on someone DW should go. Norv Turner Should Go and Bates should go. Matter of Fact send, BG, JF, DT, JM, the entire o-line packing.. Then again, I wonder how good our Offense would look if we had Bellicheck in here. DW should not be coaching.

LETS GET DEION ... Just kidding (sorry thought it was time for a laugh)

Hmmmm now that I think about it ... compared to Dave ... Hmmm at least I bet he could motivate some people.

Then again, the greatest era in Dolphins history was defined by criticism. Legendary coach Don Shula had two ways of reviewing a player's work the day after a game.

Negative and more negative.

''I spent my entire career with a guy who harped on the negative,'' former Dolphins defensive end Kim Bokamper said of Shula with a certain reverence. ``If you won, there were things that you didn't do right and he'd go over that. If you lost, that just meant there were even more things he'd go over.

``All I can say is that when you'd sit there on a Monday, you didn't want to be the guy that he was pointing out.''

This is why Wannstedt will never win anything in the NFL. A leader can't be worried about hurting someone's feelings. He needs to say what need to be said. He needs to get in Ricky's face, Fiedler's face, Griese's face, etc. etc.

I can't wait for tomorrow's press conference. Let's hear Wanny talk about the rushing explosion versus the Titans. :yell:

Thank god that the LA Kings have a great head coach. He told Ziggy Palffy that he needed to play better and he was leading the league in scoring at the time. :eek: And guess what? He's playing even better now. Probably the best player in the NHL right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take any coach in the entire league right now over Wanny. While I'm at it, I'd take any O-line as well.

If Stoops is available, we are one of the likely candidates. We would sound good, "Stoops takes underachieving team to the Super Bowl", we have dough, and Stoops has Florida relations.

I would say the Cowboys O coach or D coach and the Pats D coach.

If we're going to do a rebuild instead of restocking next year, what about somebody running the offensive side of things for Vermiel in KC? Ricky doesn't have the hands to be a Holmes/Faulk, but I think that offense is flexible enough to work with Ricky's game...

Very alarming to me is how the Titans took control of the line of scrimmage right from the getgo. On their first posession the Titans O-Line just manhandled O-Gun, Timbo, Chester and JT. These are our starters are are considered part of an elite unit and they just got pushed around like ragdolls. I know we didn't have Zach but linebacking play was awful. Alot of arm tackling and no real good answers against their crossing patterns. Sam got burned, Marion took some bad angles and worst of all #21 was on the field. These guys don't want to play for this Coach. IMO Wannstedt is finished already at least in the minds of the players and in many cases the fans. Tough day at the office. Oh well 5-4.

I absolutley hate bashing coaches in sports... but at this time, there is nobody left to blame except Wannstedt himself. This is HIS team. Every player on the team was his call at some point, even the holdovers. Let's just get Shula back or something...

My friend was asking me who I thought, and my 2 answers were really the only 2 names brought up in this thread. Stoops and Green.

About Stoops being classless. I see no reason why you shouldn't run the score up. In college football, style has a lot to do with where you go. If they lose a game, they will not fall far because they've been winning with style. Just look at Jim Tressel, the Bucks can't get any love because they don't win with style, they just win by the skin on their teeth. So, there's no reason not to run the score up in college ball. But... I think going with a college coach is a gamble, just like everyone pointed out.

I guess we'll just see how it all pans out. Let's just get rid of Wanny.

Minor nitpick:

There is a world of difference between winning with style and what happened yesterday. Trust me, I'm no Aggies fan (the only A&M grad I knew was a real SOB). I just hate it when a college team plays a clearly inferior team and rubs it in by scoring 40+ more points than the lesser team scores. That's just not necessary, even if lots of coaches indulge in it.

Wannstadt worst in NFL

Wannstadt is hands-down the biggest moron in the NFL. I cry when I think of how good this team would be with a Parcells, Dungy, Belicheck, hell even an average coach!
Wannstadt proved his ineptness last week by not adjusting on the pass rush and keeping a RB in to block with the game on the line, after Freeny was beating Wade the entire game! Hello?? And then again with the Titans, we see the same thing! Do I blame Wade for being a lousy O-lineman? Sure. But who gets the real blame? The clown we call head coach. Did you know that Miami has the LEAST amount of 3rd quarter points in the entire NFL? That tells me he has NO ability to adjust at halftime....let alone with two minutes to go and the game on the line.
While Belicheck is over there, pure genius, smart enough to take an intentional safety against Denver to put his team in a position to win, we have this idiot who can't adjust his boxers, let alone his game plan!
Don't blame Griese, or anyone else. We'll never go anywhere with this clown running the show. What a waste of talent.

I don't know. G. Williams may provide some stout competition.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom