Merged 3X:Dolphins got hosed by refs / officiating/Dolphins hurt by 7 calls | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3X:Dolphins got hosed by refs / officiating/Dolphins hurt by 7 calls

Re: Re: Dolphins got hosed by refs

Originally posted by FFiB

oops..please merge or delete....didn't see the thread below...

:goof:

It's old age creeping up on you man... :D

Hate to say it but I tend to agree with justafan. (Ugh, I agreed with a Bills fan!)

Playing too conservative will kill you in this league. Even the Bucs have now turned it on, on offense!

Get refs who aren't 65 years old and can see what is going on..

I think all plays should be reviewable no matter what.

The NFL is starting to bug me. I mean..they're cracking down on people if you spin the ball on the ground after a catch? Wtf, do they want them to be robots out there? It's becoming baseball :rolleyes:

I haven't been on all week because I just didn't want to talk about it. As far as I'm concerned every team gets hosed by the refs a few times during the season and frankly, I'm sick of our excuses. Who cares? It was game against the TEXANS!!! It should never have been remotely close. We stunk the place up and got beat by the TEXANS!!! Nobody to blame but the coaches and the players. Norv is supposed to be a great offensive play caller........WHERE WAS RICKY?!

To tell you the truth I never minded replay I kind of liked it. Even if a call doesn't go your way. If someone makes a spectacular grab then it should count or whatever it is period. They need to bring back replay period none of this red flag, beeper or whatever nonsense.

Originally posted by UncleTed
I haven't been on all week because I just didn't want to talk about it. As far as I'm concerned every team gets hosed by the refs a few times during the season and frankly, I'm sick of our excuses. Who cares? It was game against the TEXANS!!! It should never have been remotely close. We stunk the place up and got beat by the TEXANS!!! Nobody to blame but the coaches and the players. Norv is supposed to be a great offensive play caller........WHERE WAS RICKY?!

Actually, Ricky and Chris are the only two players that DID show up. Give Ricky back the run that was stolen and he had pretty good numbers.

I think Ricky played great, my big bitch is that we seemed to stop giving him the ball. the "where was Ricky" comment was aimed at Norv, not Ricky.

Originally posted by Oboy
Hate to say it but I tend to agree with justafan. (Ugh, I agreed with a Bills fan!)

Playing too conservative will kill you in this league. Even the Bucs have now turned it on, on offense!

Playing conservative is exactly how Houston won the game. They kept the game close and won it in the 4th quarter. They beat us at our own game.

But, we should not be expected to have to also play against the REFS.

7 Blown Calls. Unbelievable! :fire:

Re: Re: Officiating

Originally posted by dolphan39
OMG - heads should roll for this

that is absolutely horrible :fire:

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

See, THAT is what I'm afraid off...that EXACT attitude. This game SHOULD have been a blowout. Players SHOULD have been a blowout.

:jawdrop:

1st, I was shocked when I read that article to find out exactly how many blown calls there were. 2nd I think that PhinPhan may be overlooking the possibility that the Texans may be a good team this year. Only time will tell but they're definately improved from last year. I also think this is a bit of good news in that we didn't play as mistake prone football as I had originally thought!

I'm done with the Texans! Let's destroy the Jets!:rocker:

I think the point that should be taken from this is that everybody had list of things Miami did badly this week. One of the things on everybody's list was too many penalties. Well this admission by the NFL shows us that at least one of the things on everyone's list wasn't as bad.

Re: Re: Re: Officiating

Originally posted by Phinguy

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

See, THAT is what I'm afraid off...that EXACT attitude. This game SHOULD have been a blowout. Players SHOULD have been a blowout.

:jawdrop:

1st, I was shocked when I read that article to find out exactly how many blown calls there were. 2nd I think that PhinPhan may be overlooking the possibility that the Texans may be a good team this year. Only time will tell but they're definately improved from last year. I also think this is a bit of good news in that we didn't play as mistake prone football as I had originally thought!

I'm done with the Texans! Let's destroy the Jets!:rocker:

Actually, since I watched all 16 Texans games last season(I was living in Houston), I do know that their D isn't bad at all. And their O might take a big step forward this year(they can ONLY go forward). That being said, we have MUCH better players on this team, they're veterans, and they've played together in THIS scheme for a while. On opening day we SHOULD have won that game, refs or no refs. Also, while the refs blew the calls, they're going to make mistakes. It's going to happen every week to one extent or the other. If we're fighting for our lives every week we're going to be playing .500 ball at the end of the season.

Mistakes yes, but 7 times ? C'mon there's no execuse for that period..No matter how good of a team you are, you can't expect to win in the NFL being flag Seven times? This not college football..This the NFL..Only the Miami Hurricanes can overcome such stupidy..

Back
Top Bottom