Merged 3X:Dolphins got hosed by refs / officiating/Dolphins hurt by 7 calls | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3X:Dolphins got hosed by refs / officiating/Dolphins hurt by 7 calls

Ya that really sucks. I hope the players remember who the refs were & the next time those refs call one of the Dolphins game, they should "accidentily" tackle or hit the refs to the ground. I guess 7 times would be ok.

im sorry guys but this thread is silly.

Ive been stopping by off and on this week just to see how yall are doing.. seeing if yall were putting it behind ya and such.. honestly im interested in seeing if the fins are gonna pull it together and start dominating the AFC.

Anyway.. this thread... geez guys.. de nile is a river in egypt.

Assuming that the refs had called that game PERFECTLY.. with NO missed penalties, no WRONG penalties.. etc..etc..etc.. there is no TELLING what the game may have been like.

Sure, you can say that they messed up the 48 yard penalty.. and that it was a game altering call... but if the game had been called PERFECTLY..the fins may never have even been in that position.

Alot can change when you get an off sides penalty and lose five yards.. the Texans might have run completely different plays had they not been penalized at certain times..and those completely different plays COULD have led to touchdowns.

You cant sit here and say that because the refs missed THESE calls for the dolphins..its OBVIOUS that they should have won. its stupid.. you are only looking at one side of it.. the side that makes you feel better about your teams performance.

No, the game WOULD NOT have been a blow out... the Texans held yall to 20 yards in the first quarter.. penalties aside.. they would not have been able to do that if they couldnt hold their own.

I admit, it was a close game and if some of the bad calls hadnt happened..it could have EASILY gone miami's way.. but you cant say for sure what would have happened.

You lost your opener.. its not a conspiracy.. its not sham.. you lost fair and square.. you think other teams dont deal with bad calls? you really think that teams dont look at the game tape after a game and see 10 or more missed/bad calls? you think that this is incredibly uncommon and its the answer to why you lost? grow up.

Its time to move on.. not find excuses. Yall said before that yall need to take it one week at a time.. not get ahead of yourselves. Well you also dont want dwell on any losses and waste time trying to find excuses. Week 2 starts tommorrow, yall have a tough game.. are the Miami dolphins gonna go out there and play to win.. or look for the bad calls so they can say "we really are the greatest team... we played awesome but the officials made us lose"

What a crock.

NFL admits: 7 bad calls in fins game!

I just read on Sun Sentinal the refs blew 7 calls in the fins game all against the fins including the 48 yrd TD run by Ricky. If this has already been posted my bad, but what are your thoughts? I'm so mad I could spit. :yell:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by finfan54

yeah thats right justafan, the refs being bad is cus we are conservative. :lol: :lol:

Are you kidding or didn't you get it?

Look bub. No offense Grid, but once you go through the **** calls of last season and that almighty bull**** call against Jamar Fletcher in New England we have a right to be pissed off.

That was arguably worse than that Giants call in the playoffs. It was actually offensive pass interference as you could see Fletcher was getting pushed when he was trying to deflect it, he did not push back one time against that pint sized receiver.

Originally posted by Jaj
Look bub. No offense Grid, but once you go through the **** calls of last season and that almighty bull**** call against Jamar Fletcher in New England we have a right to be pissed off.

That was arguably worse than that Giants call in the playoffs. It was actually offensive pass interference as you could see Fletcher was getting pushed when he was trying to deflect it, he did not push back one time against that pint sized receiver.

Everything you've said was right on the money. The giants response, "it's our fault for letting them come back"

I'll add a nugget here...There is an average of 7 blown calls every game in the NFL...an AVERAGE of 7. You think the Titans actually deserved that touchdown against the Raiders on Sunday night???

Quit your whining...it's old. You have the Jets to play tomorrow. Suck it up and hope your teams comes to play. The way I see it, the Texans shouldn't have been close enough for those penalties to matter. End of story. The Phins are one of the consensus picks to represent the AFC in the superbowl this year! I'll repeat the Texans shouldn't have been close enough!!!!

To err is human...football is a human game...with human refs. If you want perfection then stay in bed and never move...that is as close to perfection as any of use will ever come....

The Mezz

Where do you get that from. Is that what happened to you against the Redskins you think. I got news for you here. 7 accepted is different then the 14 possible ones this last week. Average is 7-10 turned it, which of there are usually 3-4 accepted.

The fact that it was a game changing play is huge.

You missed my point...I said 7, on average, blown calls a game...either way. Accepted or not. You didn't see me write anything about last week's game against Wash...now did you???

I know we played like poo. Can you admit that the Dolphins played like poo last week...regardless of who blew what call??

I have my information from the league...and you don't need to know how I got it. I just thought it was worth mentioning to all you whiners that may want to blame the refs. for your loss. The folks who are realistic enough to see that the phins shouldn't have been within distance of a few penalties costing the game are the smart ones...

:eek:

The Mezz

Yes I do think we played like poo, but many teams have still won games playing like poo even though they don't "deserve" it. That is how sports is. I can accept a couple of crap calls admitted, but not 7. That is around the range of calls turned in in the first place. 7 is unacceptable.

Its one thing to have 7 blown calls in one game. Its another to have them all go against one team. The Dolphins played badly. Nobody here has said otherwise. Unfortunately, it seems like the ref's performance was even worse. Of course nobody knows how the game would have developed with better officiating, but certainly taking away a bad call and giving Miami back a big play would have made a Miami victory more probable.

And another thing, saying the officiatig sucks and probably cost us a victory doesn't mean you're not over a game or not moving on to the next one. It simply means the officiating sucked and it may have cost Miami a victory.

Back
Top Bottom