Merged 3X:Dolphins got hosed by refs / officiating/Dolphins hurt by 7 calls | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3X:Dolphins got hosed by refs / officiating/Dolphins hurt by 7 calls

Re: Officiating

Originally posted by Oboy
Not sure if anyone else has posted this yet, but...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ep12,0,2936872.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

The refs admitted what we all knew... they blew the "holding call" on McMichael

thoughts?

I agree with some others that everything and everything should be reviewable. Afterall, the whole idea of replay is to "get it right".

On the other hand, we had our opportunites to win the game outright, in spite of the bad calls, but failed on each of them.

Re: I just read it and that really sucks...

Originally posted by rhadaddy
I know this is crazy but they should make some penalties reviewable. That run alone would have been a game breaker.
Although you can't cry over spilled milk, this is absolutley unacceptable by the officiating crew. Well I hope they turn the other cheek on our behalf this Sunday. :D

I do know this, Miami had plenty of oppurtunities to make plays and blew it so it's no all the ref's fault. However, that holding call on McMichael really hurts.

All in all this article is like pouring alcohol on a fresh wound. It stings knowing this information in hindsight, but it does give me some relief and satisfaction to know it's not as bad as I thought it was.

Here's to hoping that the officiating crew is extra careful and accurate on our behalf....from here on out.

they need to penalize the ref that made the call somehow so they dont have any biases. did anyone realize that they canned the ref last year who made the call on chambers endzone catch against the jets? he was the same ref who had beer bottles thrown at him at the cleveland game. not that the fans were right for doing that.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Actually, Ricky and Chris are the only two players that DID show up. Give Ricky back the run that was stolen and he had pretty good numbers.

uh, just to point out another fact, ricky fumbled a ball that led to a quick 3 points. the difference in the game. one thing is for sure, peoples biases are obvious.

The NFL commission supposedly got rid of alot of officials in the offseason. At least that's what was said in the Sun-Sentinel in March. What did they do, have a change of heart?

So what is their excuse for not allowing any play to be reviewable? Doesn't get any more game changing then Ricky's 48 yard run.

Although i agree the Refs blew the call and maybe in a sense did cost us the game, you still cant deny that we played horrible!

This is a perfect example of what happened in the Giants 49ers playoff game last year, the Giants blew a HUGE lead to the niners and on the final play of the game, Trey Junkin blew a snap and the placeholder threw up a prayer down field where the reciever in the area was dragged down....however the refs claimed that he was ineligible...the next day the NFL apologized....great thanks for the apology, they are better off not making a public apology in the first place, it just leaves a sour taste....when i tell 49ers fans that the giants got shafted, they just laugh and say "hey, they shouldnt of blown the lead in the first place"

Miami shouldve won that game running away but that does leave a sour taste, the NFL front office needs to just shut up, since they cant do anything about the outcome...

Although it is over and it is in the past...the damn NFL needs to fix this crap. The close games should not be decided on a penalty or a blown call for that matter. It just shouldn't happen. These guys are trained professionals, do your damn jobs!

The article was very sobering, and it still shows that NFL officals are closer to incompetent than to competent. As I was watching the game the only two call that I thought were bad were the holding call on McMichael that nullified Ricky's long run, and on Chamber's first touchdown where he appeared to have stepped out of bounds at the 33. On retrospect I do remember on the replay on Perry's false start before the fatal interception that there was no movement from Perry.
It is disgusting to know that the refs did negatively affect the game.

I'm not saying we lost because of the Refs but, if you stop and think of all the ramifications of that holding call on McMicheal, it certainly will piss you off. We would have gone up 21-6 late in the third quarter. That might have gotten Houston out of their "two step drop" game, they would have had to start playing catchup and throwing the ball deeper. Not only that but, they wouldn't have been settling for field goals each time either. On top of that, the 21 points would have at least put us in a tie.....It's all ifs and buts but, that was a BIG mistake by the refs.

Originally posted by justafan
The best way to keep the refs from winning or losing a game for a team is not to keep the game close. Just like Dan said on HBO, the fins get conservative on O at the second half and try to protect the lead instead of playing all 4 quarters.

Don't know if this is Wanny's fault or Norv's. Being that this has happened even before Norv came in , I'd say it's mostly Wanny's call.

yeah thats right justafan, the refs being bad is cus we are conservative. :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by mf52dolphin
The article was very sobering, and it still shows that NFL officals are closer to incompetent than to competent. As I was watching the game the only two call that I thought were bad were the holding call on McMichael that nullified Ricky's long run, and on Chamber's first touchdown where he appeared to have stepped out of bounds at the 33. On retrospect I do remember on the replay on Perry's false start before the fatal interception that there was no movement from Perry.
It is disgusting to know that the refs did negatively affect the game.

i remember the call for movement on the line. they showed the replay and me and my friend were like "huh?" what the hell did they see? im starting to think that the refs are tied into vegas.

The McMichael call changed the outcome of the game. Going up 21-6 at that stage would have been abig lift for us and very deflating for them, it would have been all over. The other side of the coin is after the call we still had the Football and plenty of chance to drive the ball for a score, and we didn't. I believe that shortly after the bad call McKnight did a beautiful double move and was streaking down the sideline wide open, Jay badly overthrew him. Will this Q.B. ever hit a reciever on a long pass in stride? Finally, we punted with the lead and Houstons punt return was -4 yards and they had very bad field position. There was maybe 20 minutes left in the ballgame, had we done one single thing, made one single play we win but we let them stay in it chipping away at our lead and of course the inevitable pick and things are no longer coodela. Not coodela at all and our butt loses to a team that although they're not that bad there certainly a team that when the schedule comes out is penciled in for an easy victory. Carr passes for like 270 yards against our excellent corners and safties and their runner who is nobody outgains Rickey, who only led the freaking NFL in rushing last year. They keep Jason Taylor in check all day, what the ****!!!!, who is that LT? Tony Boselli or something? I know he's not reallt a LT, he just plays on against the Fish. Oh well, on to New York.

Dolphins hurt on seven plays By refs NFL Admits

The NFL informed the Dolphins this week the officiating crew blew seven plays that worked against Miami in its loss Sunday to Houston, an NFL source said Friday. But the Dolphins were hardly consoled.

Although the NFL had no comment publicly, the league privately acknowledged there were three penalties against Miami that should not have been called, and four violations against Houston that were not penalized.

One of the acknowledged incorrect penalties against Miami was particularly damaging. Randy McMichael's third-quarter holding penalty negated a 48-yard run by Ricky Williams to the Houston 2-yard line. The Dolphins led 14-6 at the time, and that drive ended with a punt.

I know the refs are going to make mistakes, but 7 of them in one game I think is extreme. Like Randy said are they going to give the Fns the win.

Refs F#$%#$% up

Randy McMichael's third-quarter holding penalty negated a 48-yard run by Ricky Williams to the Houston 2-yard line. The Dolphins led 14-6 at the time, and that drive ended with a punt.

:eek: That's the one that hurt the most!

:fire: :yell:

Back
Top Bottom