merged 3x Lane Kiffin Fired | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged 3x Lane Kiffin Fired

Listen, i love Al. I really do. I always admired him fighting against Pete Rozelle and always admired his blatant disregard for rules and morals in pro-football. But it's clear the game has past him bye. He's KILLING a once great organization, every move he makes puts them in a deeper hole. He really needs to hand the reigns over to someone else. He's great, or at least he was, but now he's destroying his own legacy with how ridiculously he's running the Raiders.

I think that's what frosted Lane's muffin.

Actually i think i read somewhere that he was ok with being called a liar in public, its when davis added the "Flat-out" to liar that it crossed the line :unsure:

You have to love al davis because years after hes gone there will still be jokes to be told :chuckle:

Listen, i love Al. I really do. I always admired him fighting against Pete Rozelle and always admired his blatant disregard for rules and morals in pro-football. But it's clear the game has past him bye. He's KILLING a once great organization, every move he makes puts them in a deeper hole. He really needs to hand the reigns over to someone else. He's great, or at least he was, but now he's destroying his own legacy with how ridiculously he's running the Raiders.

yes you have to love a man that has a blatant disregard to rules and has a good aptitude for extortion :unsure:

Actually i think i read somewhere that he was ok with being called a liar in public, its when davis added the "Flat-out" to liar that it crossed the line :unsure:

You have to love al davis because years after hes gone there will still be jokes to be told :chuckle:

Always....Al's good for "Leauge's worst owner" award.

He'd have to be....Oh...Errrm.....My phone is ringing....:up:

It's nice to see another organization look foolish instead of our Phins. I am so thankful Parcells and company have our team heading in the right direction. I think Al Davis is a joke. Just look at his track record over the past several years. Tell me he is not to blame for this. Kiffin got a raw deal.

So whats the deal with Davis saying he won't pay Kiffin? Is that legal?

Al is going to try to claim it was "for cause", which (IF it was upheld in court) would allow him to get out of paying the rest on that contract. But really, all it means is that Kiffin's going to have to hire an attorney and have his name dragged through the mud for the next year or two to get the rest of the $3.5 million that the Raiders will inevitably be forced to pay him.

Al has brought this whole mess onto himself. He should have gotten the clue back in the spring of 2007 when he had to go down to a 33-year-old position coach in college to find someone to take his head coaching job. I hope Al likes his interim hire because he won't be able to find anybody who will even interview. At least anybody with a shred of self-respect.

Senile a**clown.

One other thing: If Al Davis decides not to pay him and Lane Kiffin decides not to contest it, that means he can join another team's staff immediately. Think an AFC West team like Kansas City might have some interest in bringing him in as a "consultant"?

this is ugly...i think davis is jacking everything up

Al is going to try to claim it was "for cause", which (IF it was upheld in court) would allow him to get out of paying the rest on that contract. But really, all it means is that Kiffin's going to have to hire an attorney and have his name dragged through the mud for the next year or two to get the rest of the $3.5 million that the Raiders will inevitably be forced to pay him.

Al has brought this whole mess onto himself. He should have gotten the clue back in the spring of 2007 when he had to go down to a 33-year-old position coach in college to find someone to take his head coaching job. I hope Al likes his interim hire because he won't be able to find anybody who will even interview. At least anybody with a shred of self-respect.

Senile a**clown.

I was watching Sportcenter and they said Davis used the same tactic on Mike Shanahan after he fired him. Shanahan did get a lawyer and sued but never received any money.
I agree with you about nobody wanting that job. Davis refusing to pay Kiffin along with all of the trash he talked will only ensure that even more. I'm so glad im not a Raiders fan.

Lane Kiffin needs check himself. He deserved to be fired. Last time I checked Al Davis owns that team. Al Davis has superbowl rings. Lane Kiffin was over-promoted and should appriciate the opprotunity he had.

Rising stars (Spagnuolo, Garrett) are not going to take the Oakland head coaching job, because it is a career killer. But there will always be an obscure coach that will take the job.

Back
Top Bottom