merged 3x Lane Kiffin Fired | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged 3x Lane Kiffin Fired

Kiffin got screwed and he is still man enough to keep his grill shut as Al burries himself...

I hope al davis lives another hundred years... this guy does great things for the raiders from my biased perspective.

I unfortunilty didnt get to see the PC, has nfl put a video of it on any of there sites?

I think Kiffin may have been right with some of his demands and who he wanted to be drafted, however you need to know who your boss is and respect the situation you're in.

I was surprised that Kiffin was so vocal with the media regarding his concerns and feel his immaturity as a head coach shined threw by doing so. I personally think this may hurt him in getting a new job.

I must admit that his situation would have been difficult but to get fired the way he did and the press conference that Al Davis did was very damaging to Kiffins credibility and character. Sometimes and some situations IMO it's better to get along then try and go along.

What are you guys talking about? This is great, I love watching the Radiers Organization in turmoil.....sit back, relax and enjoy the comedy.

Kiffin a idiot. Horrible HC. At least you can see the passion Al Davis has for the Raiders unlike most owners, even though he's lost some of his marbles. Davis has brought 3 SB to the raiders and they were just in the superbowl 5yrs ago. They have done more then the fins unfortunately.

Kiffin a idiot. Horrible HC. At least you can see the passion Al Davis has for the Raiders unlike most owners, even though he's lost some of his marbles. Davis has brought 3 SB to the raiders and they were just in the superbowl 5yrs ago. They have done more then the fins unfortunately.

I dont know seemed like KIFFIN had Raiders on right track but Al is now officially just an idiot.

the bottom line here...

I dont know seemed like KIFFIN had Raiders on right track but Al is now officially just an idiot.

Kiffin definately had the raiders on the right track, Al is just a horrible joke of an owner who wants to play puppeteer more than he wants to win...

I thank Al for making the AFC a 15 team conference...

Thanks Al :up:

Yeah, as clueless as Wayne is, one would have to think Davis is far worse.

I don't really think Kiffen is an idiot as I think a lot of his demands IMO were fair.

He wanted to instill the offense he learned under Norm Chow, and felt that Russell was not the right QB for that system, plus he felt Calvin Johnson was the BPA (and the Raiders needed WRs). This past season he wanted either Glenn Dorsey because the run defense was so poor (Another reason why Davis is an idiot is he made Tommy Kelly the highest paid DT in the NFL) or Vernon Gholston because Derrick Burgess had no protection. Can't argue with taking McFadden, but with the defensive struggles of the raiders and already have 2 good backs that are both fairly young in Michael Bush and Justin Fargas.

He didn't like the defense Ryan ran (and neither do most Raider fans apparantly) and Davis not only said Kiffen could not fire Ryan, but he would not have any input on the defense.

The Raiders have gone to hell ever since Bruce Allen left them to go to Tampa with Jon Gruden. Those 2 together put a good core together (with some old vets in there as well), and had a plan in place. They both left though because Al had to have a lot of things his way, and it's obvious he's lost touch there (IE signing Warren Sapp and a couple other players after a horrible season, and then deciding the Raiders had to play a 3-4 because of the success San Diego,New England, and Pittsburgh were having with that system. Needless to say that experiment failed cause they did not have the players)

I don't really think Kiffen is an idiot as I think a lot of his demands IMO were fair.

Who is he to demand anything. Right or wrong Al Davis is his boss. Kiffin should of concentrated on the offense like he was told too and worked with the pieces Davis gave him. If he had a problem that could not be fixed privatly behind closed doors, he should of turned in a letter of resigination.

Who is he to demand anything. Right or wrong Al Davis is his boss. Kiffin should of concentrated on the offense like he was told too and worked with the pieces Davis gave him. If he had a problem that could not be fixed privatly behind closed doors, he should of turned in a letter of resigination.

call me crazy but the HEAD COACH has a right to ask for the type of players he wants, and has the right to oversee everything with the team. Kiffen was not the OC, he was the Head Coach. If the HC wants to run an offense that requires a smart QB that is accurate and you draft a guy with a big arm, but had trouble reading defenses you are not giving your HC what he needs for his system to succeed.

And what are you talking about Kiffen going behind closed doors? Al Davis made it public knowledge during the offseason he was doing whatever he could to get Kiffen to resign and Kiffen refused. Al had other staff members going around showing players articles of why it was a good idea for Kiffen to get fired.

I'm sorry but I don't see how you can even think Kiffen did anything wrong.

I can we will have to agree to disagree. While I think davis could of handled things better on his end and I agree that as the owner you should give your HC the tools he needs to suceed, I dont agree with Kiffin's behavior when he didnt get what he thinks he needs. It's clear they dont agree, but in the end it is Al's team. If he wants Russle then you build around him. He dont like the DC, fine, build the offense. If he cant accept that, resign your postion and go back to your college job. Dont get me wrong Im not saying Davis is an angel here but he is the lesser of the two evils.

Let me ask you this: Do you think Kiffin attempting a 76 yrd field goal was responsible coaching?

Back
Top Bottom