Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract

This sucks! :fire: The same $h*t happed with Troy Vincent when JJ got here. Troy was great for many years afterwards with the chese-stake-eating Philadelphia Eagles.

Dphins said:
Why would they trade there second away to give us a third why wouldn't they give us there second if they were going to have to part with it anyway. Way too complicated ever to happen. A second isn't asking to much for a player like Surtain.

Because if I have a 2nd and all you require is a 3rd for Surtain. Then I can trade down with some team in the 3rd and acquire picks. I'm sure most teams would give up a 4th to move up (even possibly a 2006 2nd) from the 3rd to 2nd round. Then KC gives you the newly aqcuired 3rd and gets whatever compensation they received for moving down. I believe we traded away our 2004 2nd rounder to move up from the 3rd to 2nd in 2003. KC can gain alot of value by trading down.

This is not complicated at all, it's actually pretty basic. Again I don't think it will happen because Saban will demand a 2nd rounder not a 3rd rounder.

caneaddict said:
Because if I have a 2nd and all you require is a 3rd for Surtain. Then I can trade down with some team in the 3rd and acquire picks. I'm sure most teams would give up a 4th to move up (even possibly a 2006 2nd) from the 3rd to 2nd round. Then KC gives you the newly aqcuired 3rd and gets whatever compensation they received for moving down. I believe we traded away our 2004 2nd rounder to move up from the 3rd to 2nd in 2003. KC can gain alot of value by trading down.

This is not complicated at all, it's actually pretty basic. Again I don't think it will happen because Saban will demand a 2nd rounder not a 3rd rounder.

actually dave gave away our 2004 second round pick for NE's 2003 3rd round pick. Dave got Wade Smith with his newly acquired 3rd round pick. NE got Corey Dillon with their newly acquired 2nd.

caneaddict said:

It would also be more risky for the Chiefs because not many teams would be willing to trade picks before the draft. The closer it gets to the draft the more likely it is that another team decides to jump in.

yankeehillbilly said:
actually dave gave away our 2004 second round pick for NE's 2003 3rd round pick. Dave got Wade Smith with his newly acquired 3rd round pick. NE got Corey Dillon with their newly acquired 2nd.

:cry: don't remind me

Sarcastro said:
It would also be more risky for the Chiefs because not many teams would be willing to trade picks before the draft. The closer it gets to the draft the more likely it is that another team decides to jump in.

I don't think you get it. Assuming we agree to take a 3rd, if they give us a 2nd instead then they are giving up anything extra they would be able to acquire by moving down. They don't have to wait till draft day (although they would probably get better value on draft day). They could pick up a 6th rounder RIGHT NOW in less time than it would take them to offer it to ANY GM for trading down from the 2nd to 3rd. So that 6th rounder (I think they can get ALOT more but this is a basic example) is just a free pick for them because they would otherwise not have it if they just gave us their 2nd.

Again, I don't think it will happen because I think Saban will stick to requiring a 2nd.

chiefs aren't going to give up their 2nd or 3rd. I think they'll just get ty law to not give up any picks.

Saban already said he won't go down on his price. I think another team is going to jump into the fray soon. Possiblities are Arizona, San Diego, and Indy(however we don't seem to want Edge now that Ricky will probably come back).

caneaddict said:
I don't think you get it. Assuming we agree to take a 3rd, if they give us a 2nd instead then they are giving up anything extra they would be able to acquire by moving down. They don't have to wait till draft day (although they would probably get better value on draft day). They could pick up a 6th rounder RIGHT NOW in less time than it would take them to offer it to ANY GM for trading down from the 2nd to 3rd. So that 6th rounder (I think they can get ALOT more but this is a basic example) is just a free pick for them because they would otherwise not have it if they just gave us their 2nd.

Again, I don't think it will happen because I think Saban will stick to requiring a 2nd.
Well there will be no 3rd this year because the only 3rd KC possesses is a compensatory 3rd and comp picks cant be dealt. So it will either be a 2nd this year or a late pick this year and pick(s) next year.

caneaddict said:

Why would'nt they ask us for Surtain and our fourth for there second. It seems like a lot of work and I think they would have a hard time finding someone to give them a 3 and 4 for there second. If they want Surtain they give us the second round pick. Simple clean and easy

Back
Top Bottom