Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract

Regan21286 said:
chiefs aren't going to give up their 2nd or 3rd. I think they'll just get ty law to not give up any picks.
No telling if he'll be ready for the early part of the year and he probably won't be the same. Chiefs are stupid to pass on this deal. Their fans probably want to kill their GM once again. He's going to blow another 2nd rounder on a guy that should go in the 5th, yet again.

This sucks! The same $h*t happed with Troy Vincent when JJ got here. Troy was great for many years afterwards with the chese-stake-eating Philadelphia Eagles.

its called the salary cap, look into it

caneaddict said:
I don't think you get it. Assuming we agree to take a 3rd, if they give us a 2nd instead then they are giving up anything extra they would be able to acquire by moving down. They don't have to wait till draft day (although they would probably get better value on draft day). They could pick up a 6th rounder RIGHT NOW in less time than it would take them to offer it to ANY GM for trading down from the 2nd to 3rd. So that 6th rounder (I think they can get ALOT more but this is a basic example) is just a free pick for them because they would otherwise not have it if they just gave us their 2nd.

Again, I don't think it will happen because I think Saban will stick to requiring a 2nd.

Has Saban ever explicitly said he would only take a second or higher? All I hear is "1st day draft pick".

Sarcastro said:
Has Saban ever explicitly said he would only take a second or higher? All I hear is "1st day draft pick".

Believe me it's atleast a 2nd or something equivalent to it. I'm one of those who wouldn't be opposed to Larry Johnson but you guys are attached to him. I can't see anybody else I'd really want. Maybe Chris Bober and a 3rd, but you guys have no 3rd to give this year.

Jaj said:
Believe me it's atleast a 2nd or something equivalent to it. I'm one of those who wouldn't be opposed to Larry Johnson but you guys are attached to him. I can't see anybody else I'd really want. Maybe Chris Bober and a 3rd, but you guys have no 3rd to give this year.

Chiefs lost Blaylock so they might wanna hold onto Johnson. Not that it matters. Saban himself could rush 1000yrds under that line. If the Chiefs wanna give up a good O-Lineman, I think Saban might consider taking a lower pick.

If the Chiefs think a 4th rounder is so great, how about Sirtain and our 4th for their second?

saban_era said:
If the Chiefs think a 4th rounder is so great, how about Sirtain and our 4th for their second?

Fine with me. Let me get Carl on the phone.

""If someone else wants to work a business deal for [Surtain] to be on their team, fine," Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Thursday. "But we will not compromise on our price. I'm not going to tell you what that is, but it's not to be compromised."

Sunsentinel

Looks like Saban is willing to take a third and is hinting through this quote that the Chiefs should/will use a third team to do what I suggested and trade down from their 2nd. Personally, I think that sucks. We should hold out for a 2nd whether it's a 2nd this year or in 2006.

I like this deal better: Tell the Chiefs to shove their 4th rounder up their....

SABA-TOOTH said:
a #2 please... stop the insanity.. want this deal done..
I doint see anything insane about asking for a 2nd rd pick for a top 3 CB. :confused:

It's actually ridiculous...

I went on multiple Chiefs boards and they were hammering El Cheapo Carl for not giving up the 2nd. I can't blame them. Their 2nd round picks are usually TERRIBLE. That team is living off of some good trades they made like Roaf, good veterans like Shields, and a lucky FA signing of Priest Holmes. Otherwise they are TERRIBLE at draft talent. The only good finds they had the past couple years are Brett Williams and Jordan Black in 03, and offcourse Jared Allen in 04. ALL mid round picks...

Jaj said:
It's actually ridiculous...

I went on multiple Chiefs boards and they were hammering El Cheapo Carl for not giving up the 2nd. I can't blame them. Their 2nd round picks are usually TERRIBLE. That team is living off of some good trades they made like Roaf, good veterans like Shields, and a lucky FA signing of Priest Holmes. Otherwise they are TERRIBLE at draft talent. The only good finds they had the past couple years are Brett Williams and Jordan Black in 03.

The Chiefs are above average at signing free agents and doing trades. They are ok in the 1st round, but horrible in the 2nd and 3rd. Since Carl has become GM we have gotten one, that is right, one probowl out of all our 2nd round draft picks. Now we could get Surtain, a three time PBer for a 2nd round pick. There is no reason we should not do the trade.

Sarcastro said:
The Chiefs are above average at signing free agents and doing trades. They are ok in the 1st round, but horrible in the 2nd and 3rd. Since Carl has become GM we have gotten one, that is right, one probowl out of all our 2nd round draft picks. Now we could get Surtain, a three time PBer for a 2nd round pick. There is no reason we should not do the trade.
Its rare i come across fans of other teams that think along the same lines i do! :cooldude:

Saban's putting his foot down and K.C's now set the contract parameters. It looks like this one will get completed before draft day for their 2nd. It's just a matter of Carl there realizing that Saban isn't going to blink.

Back
Top Bottom