MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law

Will Law be in Miami uniform come Week 1?

• Yes

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 57.8%

• Total voters
TerryTate said:
NO NAME CALLING, you guys know what happened the last time people jumped to conclusions...if you are going to refute it, refute it respectfully...next time I won't be so nice....

and also, where's the love for me? I did break (on the web) that Buckley talked to Saban ;) and I post the news too.... come on fellas ;)

sorry i really am wont happen again thnx for the info terry tate

DolphinsRising said:
Why? Long term it won't help Poole or Daniels develop with Law taking up a spot for the next three years. :shakeno: One year fix with Buckley makes much more sense in what should be a non-playoff year.

I don't quite understand the logic of this argument. Ty Law, if healthy, is a premier cornerback (top 5 in the NFL). There are no guarantees that Poole or Daniels will develop into legitimate starters, especially this year since Poole is injured. You always need to pay attention to the future, but if you have a chance to land a star at a reasonable price, you should take advantage of the opportunity. Furthermore, there are no guarantees that Sam will be here for long, meaning that the younger corners may get their chance.

DolphinsRising said:
Why? Long term it won't help Poole or Daniels develop with Law taking up a spot for the next three years. :shakeno: One year fix with Buckley makes much more sense in what should be a non-playoff year.

Took the words out of my mouth :rolleyes:
I'm ok with having Law here cause he was a stud and might contribute..though Buckley would be a perfect fit for us

phinsforever said:
I don't quite understand the logic of this argument. Ty Law, if healthy, is a premier cornerback (top 5 in the NFL). There are no guarantees that Poole or Daniels will develop into legitimate starters, especially this year since Poole is injured. You always need to pay attention to the future, but if you have a chance to land a star at a reasonable price, you should take advantage of the opportunity. Furthermore, there are no guarantees that Sam will be here for long, meaning that the younger corners may get their chance.

Additionally, if Saban can sign Law relatively cheap, we would have more flexibility to deal with Madison's large cap space next year.
But, how bad are his injuries, and why doesn't he want to win another ring in NE?

phinsforever said:

If he comes for a reasonable price and plays at full speed, he'll come as a cheap deal.
If he comes for a reasonable price and doesn't recover as he expect, he'll come as a waste.
As you said, IF HEALTHY..there's no guarantees
Buckley would come to add, for sure, good depth.
Maybe I would take the risk on Law, though I'd rather the buckley scenario.

Even if Law did say he'd like to play for Miami, it seems that everyone in Pro Football uses the media for posturing these days. (Players do it for more money). Maybe Law is just to get some attention from teams.

Law is a longshot. This team doesn't really need a guy of his calibur even after Poole's injury. If he's cheap, I'm all for it. I doubt he will be.

Buckley seems like more of a match to me. I'm not saying his number will be called, but I'd look for some vet more like him to be the person who gets signed if Nick goes after anybody.

BrazForPhins said:
If he comes for a reasonable price and plays at full speed, he'll come as a cheap deal.
If he comes for a reasonable price and doesn't recover as he expect, he'll come as a waste.
As you said, IF HEALTHY..there's no guarantees
Buckley would come to add, for sure, good depth.
Maybe I would take the risk on Law, though I'd rather the buckley scenario.

I'm not sure why so many on this site are suggesting it is either Buckley or Law. Heck, bring them both in. It's not as if we have a plethora of quality CBs on the roster. I know that right now the Postons are demanding big bucks for their client, but I just don't see Ty getting huge dough- not with that type of injury. We should have more than ample cap space to sign both of these guys. Do it.:cooldude:

phinsforever said:
I'm not sure why so many on this site are suggesting it is either Buckley or Law. Heck, bring them both in. It's not as if we have a plethora of quality CBs on the roster. I know that right now the Postons are demanding big bucks for their client, but I just don't see Ty getting huge dough- not with that type of injury. We should have more than ample cap space to sign both of these guys. Do it.:cooldude:

We're discussing between one of the two, because that's what causes discussion, and because that's what seems more plausible.
Of course I wish we could have them both. :D

Back
Top Bottom