MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law

Will Law be in Miami uniform come Week 1?

• Yes

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 57.8%

• Total voters
HysterikiLL said:
I think there was a bit of friction between Law and Belichick -- between the Patriots organization in general. He could have been on the out last season remember, but he decided to tag along once more.

I'm not sure if there is any Florida connection with him but I guess he just likes the weather. All this aside, I'll believe it when I see it. We don't want any poor man's PressCoverage, not doubting this though.

Just a little confused.
thanks

It could happen if we ship David Bowens and Zgonina somewhere or cut them. That saves us 3m right there. Then with the rookies negotiated we'll still have 5m in cap room available which could be used for Law.

I don;t understand, although I'd be happy to take him, I'm concerned that no one has signed him....He must be seriously injured, or unhealthy...no one wants to take a chance on this guy. what gives???

4_12_3-1.gif

Predaphin said:
I don;t understand, although I'd be happy to take him, I'm concerned that no one has signed him....He must be seriously injured, or unhealthy...no one wants to take a chance on this guy. what gives???

Last report on his injury was a positive one that said he'll be ready for training camp if I'm not mistaken. He needs to take it easy obviously so he doesn't hurt himself cutting. My God we'll have basically restocked our CB core completely with him, and Poole returning in October. I hope we cut Howard after June 1st. Really overpaid player.

Laws just useing us as a pawn in his contract negotiations.

Jaj said:
I hope we cut Howard after June 1st. Really overpaid player.

I agree he is overpaid, but the question is whether he's so overpaid that he should be a cap casualty. I don't see it this year.

If he isn't using us to posture for a better contract then we'd be in great shape.

I'd actually hope for us to move Daniels to FS where I think he could do very well. That would finally take care of our FS position.

At CB we'd have Madison, Law, Edwards, Roundtree, and then in October once more Poole. Not bad...

id rather have buckley. cheaper option and would do a 1 year deal unlike law who wants a longer deal and wants the $$$$$$.

3 year deal really isn't all that long. Probably the contract would be incentive laden as well. Miami is usually pretty good with the cap so I expect them to be able to make this deal if they want to. Cutting Howard after June 1st, Zgonina, and David Bowens would certainly open up the cap room we'd need.

Zgonina is a solid backup IMO. Anyone know what kinda salary he has?

So was this rumor confirmed by anyone else?

Muck said:
If Law can regain his pre-injury form, he's an upgrade to Patrick Surtain.

I think the chances are slim that he ends up here. Just can't see Law taking anything below $6 million. And I can't see Saban paying it in a transitional year in which we won't be a contender. He's trying to get the cap in order, not ruin it.
:yeahthat: to everything Muck just said. I have absolutely no reason to speak anymore because Muck summed up everything I wanted to say. :tongue:

lol-1.gif

Classic!!! He is well schooled in the ways of Poston. So to recap:

1. He'd love to play for Tony Dungy & Herm Edwards
2. He is from Pittsburgh and would love to play there
3. He'd love to play for a passionate franchise like KC
4. His first choice is Miami

So, let the bidding begin!
beer-1.gif

And if you think he is going to sign with any of his now 4 favorites for a discount, you have not been schooled in the ways of the Postons. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom