MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law

Will Law be in Miami uniform come Week 1?

• Yes

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 57.8%

• Total voters
Dirtywater said:
lol-1.gif

Classic!!! He is well schooled in the ways of Poston. So to recap:

1. He'd love to play for Tony Dungy & Herm Edwards
2. He is from Pittsburgh and would love to play there
3. He'd love to play for a passionate franchise like KC
4. His first choice is Miami

So, let the bidding begin!
beer-1.gif

And if you think he is going to sign with any of his now 4 favorites for a discount, you have not been schooled in the ways of the Postons. I love it.

Who knows what he's going to do. I never liked the Postons either tell you the truth, but I wouldn't mind giving Law a fair deal. I still think he's that good.

byroan said:
So was this rumor confirmed by anyone else?
After reading almost all of this entire thread, I hereby CONFIRM that this RUMOR is STILL A RUMOR and will continue to be a RUMOR until someone else proves otherwise. :D

Dirtywater said:
lol-1.gif

beer-1.gif

And if you think he is going to sign with any of his now 4 favorites for a discount, you have not been schooled in the ways of the Postons. I love it.

I hate to say it, it pains me to say it, but i agree with dirty water. Its all just to drive up his contract.

Dirtywater said:
lol-1.gif

beer-1.gif

You forgot Cleveland. Ty says they're hungry.

Cleveland is sick of the Postons. I wish Law had a different agent it with be much more encouraging that way.

Jaj said:
Who knows what he's going to do.

Um, we all do. He is going to one of his 4 favorites for the money he knew New England would never pay for a 31 year old DB coming off of a bad foot injury.

Martel said:
You forgot Cleveland. They're hungry.

You are right!! Damn... OK, OK.. here its again:

lol-1.gif

4. He'd like to go to a good potential situation like Cleveland
5. His first choice is Miami

beer-1.gif

And if you think he is going to sign with any of his now 5 favorites for a discount, you have not been schooled in the ways of the Postons. I love it.

Dirtywater said:
Um, we all do. He is going to one of his 4 favorites for the money he knew New England would never pay for a 31 year old DB coming off of a bad foot injury.

Ya but who's going to show him the money is the question...

Some Dolfans are asking for some ridiculous deals like veterans minimum which is a joke. I'm being more realistic about it. I realize it's gonna take a strong 3 year offer.

Jaj said:
Ya but who's going to show him the money is the question...

Some Dolfans are asking for some ridiculous deals like veterans minimum which is a joke. I'm being more realistic about it. I realize it's gonna take a strong 3 year offer.

Yup, if strong = biggest payday.

Dirtywater said:
Yup, if strong = biggest payday.

Well not if nobody signs him though. His price tag has gone way down you have to admit since the beginning of the off-season where he wanted a similar deal to what Surtain got. I'd be willing to give him in the 4.5m-5m range if I were the Dolphins for 3 years, with numerous outs to the contract for health reasons.

phinsforever said:
I don't quite understand the logic of this argument. Ty Law, if healthy, is a premier cornerback (top 5 in the NFL). There are no guarantees that Poole or Daniels will develop into legitimate starters, especially this year since Poole is injured. You always need to pay attention to the future, but if you have a chance to land a star at a reasonable price, you should take advantage of the opportunity. Furthermore, there are no guarantees that Sam will be here for long, meaning that the younger corners may get their chance.

Simply it comes down to this: Is having or not having Law going to make or break this year for the Dolphins? I personally doubt it, given that there are numerous areas of much greater importance, QB and OL to name just two, in need of vast improvement. Without improvement in those vital areas having a healthy Pro-Bowl CB will just help us to get back to where we were in '04 and that wasn't very good.

Beyond? Who can say but with Howard, Daniels, Poole and who knows what future draft picks may arrive, you'd think that one of them would be adequate.

Yes, but I think Law has more life left in than most give credit for. He could still be a good #2 IMO when we're trying to contend a couple years from now. Reggie Howard was a waste of money anyway you look at it.

Jaj said:
Well not if nobody signs him though. His price tag has gone way down you have to admit since the beginning of the off-season where he wanted a similar deal to what Surtain got. I'd be willing to give him in the 4.5m-5m range if I were the Dolphins for 3 years, with numerous outs to the contract for health reasons.

True, but if he is willing to take less $$$, then the Pats re-enter the picture. Don't say we've replaced him or don't have the cap room cause anyone can be cut. Now don't get me wrong, he's not re-signing here because the Postons will get him his money.

One of those 5 teams will pay him, or some team that is not even in the picture like Denver will.

Dirtywater said:
True, but if he is willing to take less $$$, then the Pats re-enter the picture. Don't say we've replaced him or don't have the cap room cause anyone can be cut. Now don't get me wrong, he's not re-signing here because the Postons will get him his money.

One of those 5 teams will pay him, or some team that is not even in the picture like Denver will.

My God I'll laugh in Denver joins the picture. HOW MANY CBS CAN THEY GET???? :eek:

Ya the Pats could be in the picture. I know the Brady re-structure opened up some cash for you guys. It's up to the Jets on what they want to do. They have Strait, Barett, Miller, Mickens, and Henderson assuming Abraham retires. If I were them I'd try to sign Law as well. The Steelers on the other hand I don't think need him quite as much.

Back
Top Bottom