MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law

Will Law be in Miami uniform come Week 1?

• Yes

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 57.8%

• Total voters
LostInPatsLand said:
Additionally, if Saban can sign Law relatively cheap, we would have more flexibility to deal with Madison's large cap space next year.
But, how bad are his injuries, and why doesn't he want to win another ring in NE?

Because he knows NE isn't going to win another ring. The players who laid on the sword for BB and Kraft, now realize that the organization has no loyalty to them i.e Troy Brown ( 2 way player who sacrificed personal stats for the team). This blind loyalty to the team will end and I think you'll see players start demanding more money, rather than settling for less, for the "privilage"of playing for the Pats.

jlfin said:
Because he knows NE isn't going to win another ring. The players who laid on the sword for BB and Kraft, now realize that the organization has no loyalty to them i.e Troy Brown ( 2 way player who sacrificed personal stats for the team). This blind loyalty to the team will end and I think you'll see players start demanding more money, rather than settling for less, for the "privilage"of playing for the Pats.
Thank you.

Nick would have to be very sneaky to get them both signed because I don't think either one of them would be happy about what it says about their PT chances to have them both in there.

i hope he comes to the phins would be good as soon as he is better. i think by the season he would be full speed.

Whether it's Law, T-Buck or whomever - the bigger picture theme here is that guys are starting to say they want to come and play in Miami. That is a big change from the past few seasons where even offering crazy money to some players couldn't entice them to suit up for DW. Things are looking up.

LostInPatsLand said:
Additionally, if Saban can sign Law relatively cheap, we would have more flexibility to deal with Madison's large cap space next year.
But, how bad are his injuries, and why doesn't he want to win another ring in NE?

I think there was a bit of friction between Law and Belichick -- between the Patriots organization in general. He could have been on the out last season remember, but he decided to tag along once more.

I'm not sure if there is any Florida connection with him but I guess he just likes the weather. All this aside, I'll believe it when I see it. We don't want any poor man's PressCoverage, not doubting this though.

Just a little confused.

If Law can regain his pre-injury form, he's an upgrade to Patrick Surtain.

I think the chances are slim that he ends up here. Just can't see Law taking anything below $6 million. And I can't see Saban paying it in a transitional year in which we won't be a contender. He's trying to get the cap in order, not ruin it.

Bill C said:
Whether it's Law, T-Buck or whomever - the bigger picture theme here is that guys are starting to say they want to come and play in Miami. That is a big change from the past few seasons where even offering crazy money to some players couldn't entice them to suit up for DW. Things are looking up.

:yeahthat:

You're right about that. I hope that players continue to see this in Nick even if we struggle this year.

Law is looking for big bucks despite what he is saying.He will go to the highest bidder and I dont think it will be us.Buckley seems to be a more reasonable replacement for Poole.

Law already has a ring, he is looking to get paid!

jlfin said:

:roflmao: please....... as did lawyer when he left saying noway these guys win again, and when tebuckey jones left...... law has enough rings he now just wants a huge payday, thats it , he wants $$$$$

and before u start talking loyalty etc..... look around and see what age we are in, the age of the salary cap, sometimes moves ar enot popular like with troy leaving, but he probably will be back in a few weeks...

what brought down other dynasties was teams keeping aging vets too long, not replacing them with youth... bottom line is the pats offseason this year and every year addresses filling in key needs, the pats are loaded more than ever.... take 5 mins and actually look at our roster and it will make u sick with envy........

Sign BOTH Law and Buckley to reasonable deals.

We need as much depth as we can get there.

Law is looking for big bucks despite what he is saying.He will go to the highest bidder and I dont think it will be us.Buckley seems to be a more reasonable replacement for Poole.

But what's the market for a cornerback now that Houston and KC are out of the running?

Who really needs a CB now? And of those teams, how much money do they have?

Last I checked our 6.5 million was more than a bunch of teams.

Buckley can be had for a million. Maybe we can give Law an incentive laiden contract.

Back
Top Bottom