MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law

Will Law be in Miami uniform come Week 1?

• Yes

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 57.8%

• Total voters
Dirtywater said:
You are right!! Damn... OK, OK.. here its again:

lol-1.gif

Classic!!! He is well schooled in the ways of Poston. So to recap:

1. He'd love to play for Tony Dungy & Herm Edwards
2. He is from Pittsburgh and would love to play there
3. He'd love to play for a passionate franchise like KC
4. He'd like to go to a good potential situation like Cleveland
5. His first choice is Miami

So, let the bidding begin!
beer-1.gif

And if you think he is going to sign with any of his now 5 favorites for a discount, you have not been schooled in the ways of the Postons. I love it.
Here is how I see it.
Ty Law wants the most money he can get...duhh
He wants a shot at a SB again soon...duhh
He wants to go to a taem with a Solid D in place...duhh
He wants to play for a team that has a shot at the SB...duhh
Pitt pulled out, Cleveland pulled out, KC pulled out.....
So TB vs MIA vs NYJ........
The Jets will have Law....duhhhhhhhh

Jaj said:
My God I'll laugh in Denver joins the picture. HOW MANY CBS CAN THEY GET???? :eek:

Ya the Pats could be in the picture. I know the Brady re-structure opened up some cash for you guys. It's up to the Jets on what they want to do. They have Strait, Barett, Miller, Mickens, and Henderson assuming Abraham retires. If I were them I'd try to sign Law as well. The Steelers on the other hand I don't think need him quite as much.

LOL, yeah, Denver would be funny, but they always seem like a FA wildcard to me and after losing out on Chad Brown, they still have some cash to spend.

Here's the final word on Ty Law. Before injury, he was a top 5 CB. Now his injury was worse than I thought, a Linsfarnc (sp?) fracture which is far more serious than a regular old fracture. That is not to say he won't heal from it but it was a serious injury.

He has won 3 Super Bowl rings, while never getting the mega-deal he and the Postons have always wanted. They are now out to get him the last big contract of his career. There will be no home-town discounts, no settling, no signing just for a chance to win. This is all about money and who can blame him at this point? He's won it all and now is looking for what will be his last chance to cash in. I can understand that.

And, whoever signs him, if healthy, will be getting a damn good player too, so there is the potential for a win-win. Someone will get him, but they will also pay the highest price.

OutsideObserver said:
Here is how I see it.

GM or OO whatever your name here is, lol..

You are wrong on this one. That is not to say he won't sign with you, but Law and the Postons intentions here are clear and obvious. That's whyI have no issue with it. They want the most money. If Arizona comes out of the woodwork with a mega-deal, watch how Arizona was a "darkhorse" and a place that "always interested him."

I can see him signing with the Jets, but make no mistake, you will pay the cash!!

Dirtywater said:

You are wrong on this one. That is not to say he won't sign with you, but Law and the Postons intentions here are clear and obvious. That's whyI have no issue with it. They want the most money. If Arizona comes out of the woodwork with a mega-deal, watch how Arizona was a "darkhorse" and a place that "always interested him."

I can see him signing with the Jets, but make no mistake, you will pay the cash!!

:cool: How damn right this Patriot fan is. Here's another problem for your argument Jet fan. Wouldn't Law want to sign for a team that went 15-1 last year and had a better defense than yours? Don't tell me yours is going to be better than theirs because they have young players and the best NT in the league is back for them.

Well, we have the cap space. We have the need. He lives in Miami and wants to play here.

Now its just a question of negotiations. Any deal Law signs will have a ton of incentives tied into the contract. Will Saban bite? Who knows? But what a story it would make.....

Signing Ty Law to a 3 year deal would only hurt the chances we have to develop Poole and Daniels..... unless we plan on cutting Madison or Howard next year.... which makes no sense because they are in better physical condition than Ty Law.

I dont know if I even would want Ty Law..... can he even walk now? If we are talkin about a 3 year contract for the vet min, which we are probably not, then im down for it. I think this situation all depends on the health of Will Poole and therefore we should not make a decision for some time to see what Will's status will be this year.

If Poole has a chance to return, why would we sign Ty Law and have Law, Madison, Howard and Poole as our CBs.... with Daniels gaining no experience and Mario Edwards?

Hi!!
Does anyone know where Ty Law's rehab stands as what he can do right now and how rapidly he is progresssing. I would not mind taking a shot at him, but only if he is going to contrbute to our team this year. If someone could let me know that info it would be greatly appriciated.

I read that Law won't even be physically able to workout for teams until late June early July at best. He'll want to get paid but will he have the wheels he had before the injury, doubtful. Now if he switchs to safety................

He's going to get paid for sure and any team would take a chance on him. We'll just have to wait until he can work out again, so we can see what he's got left.

I've read here or there that Law is still weeks away from testing out his foot, and even then will have to pamper it a bit. He's a risk, and that will no doubt put him at a disadvantage as a FA. We may have a chance at him. I'll flip out (in a good way) if somehow we land him.

Dirtywater said:

This is spot on.

OutsideObserver said:
Here is how I see it.

I guess I've been in Baghdad too long, the Jets are now Super Bowl favorites? Can someone help me out on this one.

Back
Top Bottom