*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread *** | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread ***

I am 100% on board with getting 2 quality guards in FA. Overspend if we have to, because we can't draft olinemen to save our lives. I haven't even looked at the offensive line this time around, that's how far removed I am from using another wasted pick on one. Having a blue chip LT fall in our laps then throwing him in at LG (when we all know he'll be at LT sometime anyhow) for 2 seasons diminishes return and makes little sense. Moving on from Albert was always the thought process IMO - we get a piece Gase covets with a trade instead of release. Me gusta.

I've got no problem with that. My issue is - cutting Albert in order to spend his $$$ on a G is fine. When we just shift it to TE, where's the G money come from?

Maybe Jax assured Gase that Thomas would be cut if they took on BA contract

Makes sense though. maybe a conditional pick in 2018 based on how Albert holds up in Jax. especially if Jax is going to pony up more money for Albert and rework his contract.

Maybe a conditional pick next year is better than nothing but I was hoping for atleast a 3rd day draft pick this year.

Julius Thomas no longer part deal....

Reports say deal to go through but now for a late 2018 draft pick.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
This is true. #Dolphins doing the Albert part of the deal now. The Julius Thomas part, if it happens, will take more time. Still in the mix
Armando Salguero‏ @ArmandoSalguero
Branden Albert to Jacksonville in the works -- but not for Julius Thomas

I've got no problem with that. My issue is - cutting Albert in order to spend his $$$ on a G is fine. When we just shift it to TE, where's the G money come from?

The cap isn't an issue this year. We don't HAVE to use the savings on his replacement, like previous years. There's wiggle room.

Even if we get a 7th next year, we don't have to deal with any dead money if they take on his contract!

Even if we get a 7th next year, we don't have to deal with any dead money if they take on his contract!

This is inaccurate. We still take on Albert's 3.4 million.

I don't understand why this is so misreported.

Julius Thomas is the best return for Brandon Albert

Good morning everyone.

I don't thinking trading/cutting Brandon Albert is creating a hole we didn't already have last year. Albert is a great veteran, leader, and teacher for Tunsil but I think his positives do not outweigh how much he is getting paid.

A 2018 conditional late pick is essentially useless, especially considering it will be be based on play time and Albert hasn't played a full season (ever?) if quite a long time. Thomas at least had two pro-bowl seasons under Gase prior in Denver. While I'm sure having one of the greatest QB's of all time throwing to you helpsyour stock, I think Gase would get alot more out of Julius than anyone in Jacksonville can.

How else do you want to get a TE? Dion Sim's is a great blocker but is not someone that is much of a Seam Threat.

Free Agency? I really don't want to break the bank of Martellus Bennet. He is a locker room cancer who is not a fit for the culture we are trying to build here. He is a "me first" type of player that does not jive with Gase.

Draft? We need as many draft picks in our cupboard to address the defense. We need two LB's, DT, a corner, and OL starters/depth. I know David Njoku is a sexy pick, but we really are not in a space where we can go with the sexy look.

The trade we did last year for Alonso and Maxwell worked out pretty well. I think this could work again this year.

T

7th is better than zilch I suppose ... but a 7th round pick or Thomas? That 7th rounder is gonna be the flex piece Gase wants, right out of the gates? It's the difference between something and nothing.

Back
Top Bottom