*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread *** | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread ***

Good on us for getting any compensation for a player that was going to be released outright.

Jax will likely release Julius Thomas before having to pay that $3 mil on March 9th. If we talk to him then, we will know Gase wants him in this offense.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33s34 seconds ago

My understanding is the Julius Thomas part of #Dolphins-#Jags deal broke down (for now) over what his new MIA contract would be. Lot of time

This is inaccurate. We still take on Albert's 3.4 million.

I don't understand why this is so misreported.

I got you, I thought I had read if we traded him we would not have any dead money. I stand corrected.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33s34 seconds ago

My understanding is the Julius Thomas part of #Dolphins-#Jags deal broke down (for now) over what his new MIA contract would be. Lot of time

That should be a very good indicator that Gase feels strongly about getting Thomas on his team.

That should be a very good indicator that Gase feels strongly about getting Thomas on his team.

Which ultimately makes Julius Thomas a far greater asset in this trade than some token 6th or 7th rounder.

Truth be told, you are not getting him cheaper in free agency so Miami may have to cave on his current deal. However they should still be trying to hustle the Jags for that late round pick in addition to Thomas.

So just to make sure I am clear on this...

We traded away a Pro Bowl LT, who can be injured at times, to the Jags for a 7th round pick...NEXT YEAR? No, we don't need picks this year or anything. But next year and a 7th round pick at that? Talk about a huge fail.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33s34 seconds ago My understanding is the Julius Thomas part of #Dolphins-#Jags deal broke down (for now) over what his new MIA contract would be. Lot of time
Asking 'cause I don't know the answer . . . since this ongoing "deal" is in negotiation stage, any chance this reported move to a low round '18 pick is a way of getting Thomas to realize he ISN'T seen as a top money TE? Is Miami really moving towards a low round pick or is this part of the dance with JT's agent?

We traded away a Pro Bowl LT, who can be injured at times, to the Jags for a 7th round pick...NEXT YEAR? No, we don't need picks this year or anything. But next year and a 7th round pick at that? Talk about a huge fail.

We have done nothing yet and nothing is confirmed. Still have more than 2 weeks before anything will be finalized.

Gase knows the type of player Thomas is. No way is Gase bringing Thomas in if that is the case. Players are held accountable on this team finally, you can believe that Thomas also knows this coming here, because of his previous work with Gase. That is why this doesn't really bother me. Gase will have him playing and practicing how this new Miami team does.

I would think the same, but we could have said the same about Mario Williams, which didn't pan out. That said, I do have some faith under Gase that Thomas can return to form to some degree.

Asking 'cause I don't know the answer . . . since this ongoing "deal" is in negotiation stage, any chance this reported move to a low round '18 pick is a way of getting Thomas to realize he ISN'T seen as a top money TE? Is Miami really moving towards a low round pick or is this part of the dance with JT's agent?

I just think this is all part of the process and mixed into all of this are "anonymous" sources getting different info from different places.

The national guys seem to think Miami certainly wants Thomas in this deal but here is nothing that can be made official anyways.

Nothing is clear because nothing has been done, it's all speculation. Either way it goes Albert is off the team, if we don't trade he will be cut. A speculative 7th round pick would be better than nothing at all.

I was excited about getting a seam threat TE and redzone target.....Maybe Jacksonville will release Thomas and we can pick him up. Like others have mentioned that will be a good indication of how Gase really feels about Thomas. It would certainly fill a need and I like that idea better than drafting a TE because we just don't have enough picks right now and usually rookie TE's take a while to develop and if we spend a high draft pick on TE and he doesn't produce then we've basically wasted a high pick. I think by signing a Thomas (if he gets released) it would be low risk with potential high reward.

If these reports are true, and the trade is breaking down because Thomas won't agree to the re-structure the Dolphins have offered, it's another sign that you don't want this clown on the Dolphins. He's being handed an opportunity to escape a terrible situation in Jacksonville, to play in an improving offense, with a coach and team on the rise, and a coach with whom he has a track record....and he's holding it up over money, when his recent production has proven that he is vastly overpaid currently.

Stay in Jacksonville, loser.

Back
Top Bottom