*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread *** | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread ***

I would think the same, but we could have said the same about Mario Williams, which didn't pan out. That said, I do have some faith under Gase that Thomas can return to form to some degree.

It is scary that this monumental injury prone bust still put up 9 touchdowns in 2 seasons in Jacksonville. Dion Sims has 8 in 4 seasons.

I think you also have some butt hurt fantasy football owners who aren't a fan of the guy.

One thing is certain, Adam Gase has input in this and if he wants Thomas I say go get him and use that potential draft pick u were gonna use on TE on defense.

It's a salary dump. They are lucky to get anything in return. Let Ajax choke on both of those contracts

If these reports are true, and the trade is breaking down because Thomas won't agree to the re-structure the Dolphins have offered, it's another sign that you don't want this clown on the Dolphins. He's being handed an opportunity to escape a terrible situation in Jacksonville, to play in an improving offense, with a coach and team on the rise, and a coach with whom he has a track record....and he's holding it up over money, when his recent production has proven that he is vastly overpaid currently.

Stay in Jacksonville, loser.

Rappoport reported that Thomas would accept a lowered contract. How much lower is the question.

So just to make sure I am clear on this...

We traded away a Pro Bowl LT, who can be injured at times, to the Jags for a 7th round pick...NEXT YEAR? No, we don't need picks this year or anything. But next year and a 7th round pick at that? Talk about a huge fail.

What was the draft compensation if we released him??? NOTHING. They throw us a late pick for the right to deal with him now. You think there was a better deal on the table we turned down? be happy we got something for a guy we were releasing

If these reports are true, and the trade is breaking down because Thomas won't agree to the re-structure the Dolphins have offered, it's another sign that you don't want this clown on the Dolphins. He's being handed an opportunity to escape a terrible situation in Jacksonville, to play in an improving offense, with a coach and team on the rise, and a coach with whom he has a track record....and he's holding it up over money, when his recent production has proven that he is vastly overpaid currently.

Stay in Jacksonville, loser.

His agent also knows that the guaranteed money is up on the deal if jacksonville cuts thomas and hitting free agency is a way to get more of it. Thomas is in a good position, there really is no reason to do anything with the contract and honestly I personally feel a $7 million dollar 1 year deal with a team option for the next two is about what you should expect here.

Make no mistake about it . . . Gase wants his seam threat TE and we cannot afford for that to be in the first three rounds of the draft. This solves that issue.

Rappoport reported that Thomas would accept a lowered contract. How much lower is the question.

It's not just the lowered contract but the wording/details of the contract. More/less guaranteed up front. Team/player option in 2018. etc.

So just to make sure I am clear on this...

We traded away a Pro Bowl LT, who can be injured at times, to the Jags for a 7th round pick...NEXT YEAR? No, we don't need picks this year or anything. But next year and a 7th round pick at that? Talk about a huge fail.

Awful trade if true. Sure it's better than nothing but 7th rounders are usually worthless as it is. I'd much prefer getting Thomas in the trade.

His agent also knows that the guaranteed money is up on the deal if jacksonville cuts thomas and hitting free agency is a way to get more of it. Thomas is in a good position, there really is no reason to do anything with the contract and honestly I personally feel a $7 million dollar 1 year deal with a team option for the next two is about what you should expect here.

Make no mistake about it . . . Gase wants his seam threat TE and we cannot afford for that to be in the first three rounds of the draft. This solves that issue.

Luke Wilson as a FA or maybe even a trade for Jimmy Graham. Thomas may work out his contract and come to Miami. Perhaps they do draft a TE. One way or another Miami will get a TE for Gase.

Its more than that. Few TEs excels in their first year in the NFL. Bringing Thomas in would allow the Dolphins to not force the development of Thomas Duarte.

Does it?

"Julius is here to get his money and get out," one teammate told me last week. "That’s just how some guys are. He didn’t grow up playing this game and it’s just not in his DNA to put it all out there." When asked if Julius Thomas was soft like some say, he said, " where there’s smoke, there’s fire." According to the teammate, Julius Thomas was healthy enough to play multiple times last season but refused to. In one instance Julius Thomas was heard saying, "I’m about 90% – I’m getting close."

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/...homas-wants-that-big-pay-day-not-that-diamond

Awful trade if true. Sure it's better than nothing but 7th rounders are usually worthless as it is. I'd much prefer getting Thomas in the trade.

7th round players usually are but the pick itself can be used as trade leverage to acquire a better draft position in earlier rounds.

If you are going that route, and are just happy to get something because you were cutting him anyway, then hold their feet to the fire and make it a pick for this year. We need the bodies now.

Gase has had glowing praise for him and his work ethic. We have seen what he can be at his best. So he was less enthusiastic about putting it all on the line in Jacksonville and has a few teammates going to the media on him.

Even more of a reason to want this trade because it forces Julius to put his best foot forward. You go back to Gase and fail you drop your value to nothing and Miami has no guaranteed money tied to you.

This isn't a "on paper" trade. This is about Adam Gase knowing the player and what he can do and vouching for him to be apart of this offense. That holds its weight in gold IMO.

Back
Top Bottom