*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread *** | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread ***

Gase has had glowing praise for him and his work ethic. We have seen what he can be at his best. So he was less enthusiastic about putting it all on the line in Jacksonville and has a few teammates going to the media on him.

Even more of a reason to want this trade because it forces Julius to put his best foot forward. You go back to Gase and fail you drop your value to nothing and Miami has no guaranteed money tied to you.

This isn't a "on paper" trade. This is about Adam Gase knowing the player and what he can do and vouching for him to be apart of this offense. That holds its weight in gold IMO.

That report was from when he was in Denver.

That report was from when he was in Denver.

Either way its hearsay from a former teammate who wouldn't go on record yet Adam Gase has raved about his work ethic and a trade here only validates that.

Up to you which POV you value more.

An Albert-for-Thomas deal broke down recently over what his new contract with the Dolphins could look like, Rapoport added. There is still time to overcome that issue, but Thomas would have leverage since $3 million of his $7 million 2017 contract is guaranteed. Thomas' current contract runs through 2019.

This sounds like if they can't come to an agreement on what Thomas is worth, he'll be cut and test the market. So Julius Thomas may not be the best TE option available to us for the money.

meanwhile thomas gushed to jordan cameron about how much he loved playing under adam gase and how much gase's system means for a tight end (I think the actual quote was "you have to play for this guy").

although last season certainly didn't work out for cameron here, i'll trust thomas's own mouth and adam gase's judgment over an unnamed teammate every day of the week and any given sunday.

So its just a condotional late rounder I guess

37 pages of speculation.

Here is the best advice before forming a definitive position on the potential transaction: Wait until it happens.

Sheesh.

One thing is perfectly clear, Branden Albert will not be a Miami Dolphin in 2017. I can live with that. Anything is else is gravy. And for the record I do think Julius Thomas is absolutely worth the risk.

I will reserve judgement on this move until week 6 or 7 or regular season.

How are some of the same people who were saying they would rather just release Albert and pay the dead money on the contract instead of trading for Thomas now complaining about the thought of trading Albert for a 7th round pick? You lose Albert and his entire contract instead or losing him and still having the dead money. I don't understand?

Keep Albert, trade Albert, cut Albert... I'm okay with whatever happens, but I don't understand some of the fan reactions.

Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye 13m13 minutes ago
Source: Dolphins aren't the only team interested in trading for #Jaguars tight end Julius Thomas

How are some of the same people who were saying they would rather just release Albert and pay the dead money on the contract instead of trading for Thomas now complaining about the thought of trading Albert for a 7th round pick? You lose Albert and his entire contract instead or losing him and still having the dead money. I don't understand?

Keep Albert, trade Albert, cut Albert... I'm okay with whatever happens, but I don't understand some of the fan reactions.

Some people are just negative. "Miami will win 4 to 6." Miami won 10. "Yeah, but look at the schedule." "Yeah, but, the Mario trade sucked." Yeah, but . . . " whatever.
Same thing here. "Dump Albert and his contract." Miami may trade for a low round '18. "What idiots!!" If Miami gets a Blake Bortles jersey it's more than I expected 3 weeks ago. And as I understand it, Miami still eats the dead money.

Miami pays that 3.4 million no matter what. Trade or release. Jville only takes the base stuff, Miami is responsible for the signing bonus stuff (which is what the 3.4 million accounts for).

Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye 13m13 minutes ago
Source: Dolphins aren't the only team interested in trading for #Jaguars tight end Julius Thomas

Doesn't surprise me. Avoid the bidding war. Teams scared of all that free agency money out there.

Ok the dead money stays regardless. But why would people want to release him for nothing over getting a 7th round pick?

Ok the dead money stays regardless. But why would people want to release him for nothing over getting a 7th round pick?

If the only two options are to either release him and get no compensation, or trade him for a seventh round pick, obviously getting the draft pick is the ideal situation.

If the only two options are to either release him and get no compensation, or trade him for a seventh round pick, obviously getting the draft pick is the ideal situation.

I'm thinking more of the people who say they don't want trade him for a player like Thomas because they don't want to absorb a contract and would rather have the extra money to sign a guard like Leary.

Back
Top Bottom