Merged: All T.O. Trade Threads | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All T.O. Trade Threads

?

• Total voters
TGall13 said:
As good as TO is, he's a punk. I'm tired of this guy saying that what he's doing is for his family. What a joke. If you want to do something for your family, get to work!! He agreed to a contract last year, received a huge signing bonus and now is saying he "out played" his deal. Give me a break.
I played some professional baseball and I'm all for athletes getting "paid", but this guy is a joke. I wonder if he under played his contract if he'd be willing to give some money back???
You're just persecuting on TO like they used to persecute on Jesus.

He recently made that analogy in the news. The guy compared himself to Christ. I'll pass.

PhinDude88 said:
:rolleyes:

And you see what is going on now dont ya?

they knew what they got when they signed him,so i do not feel bad for the eagles Org. He had a great year even injured and wants more money. He earned it, good for him go get it. Contracts in the NFL are CR@P, they are one sided and he is trying to do whats in his best interest. If he earned it and can get it then go for it TO. I would hope that no player no matter there caliber gets the absolute most $ they possibly can!!! yes they make more then we do but thats the nature of the beast.

Justasportsfan said:
That should be one hell of a lockerroom. McMike, Boston and TO will want the ball thrown their way. If TO can criticize Mcnabb, I can only imagine what he'd say if Feeley starts throwing INT. Don't forget RW.

he'd maliciously(and without accountability) call Feeley's sexual preference into question

TGall13 said:
I wonder if he under played his contract if he'd be willing to give some money back???

so if he over performs can he renogitate? If you under perform at your job do you have to give money back? this is not a valid argument point

awing_pilot said:
Right Owens didn't catch what was it 14 TDs for 1200 yards in like 14 games. something EVERY SINGLE ONE of our receivers has failed to do. I forgot his 84 points didn't help them get there. and yes he played in the game but he didn't lose it the team lost it not because of him. He's had consecutive 1000+ season since 98 as opposed to chambers, bookers, Bostons, Thompson's, and every other dolphins receivers big fat ZERO (in dolphin uniforms)

ALL of you are full of horse cr@p if you honestly tell yourself your team is better without a player of his caliber. Look at the numbers thats the bottom line, he maybe a ME guy or a loner or a "cancer" but he gets the job done, something that our receiving corp has failed to do lately. TO wasn't a cancer when he was scoring TDs or getting huge runs. I say it for the millionth frig'n time, being a boyscout doesn't get you points, being better then others does and clearly TO is better then any receiver we have on our roster!!!

I have to agree. And to add....

It is hypocritical to say that we don't want TO b/c he is a head case. Half our offense is a head case.

TO also put himself in the Super bowl when his Dr. told him not to play. It isn't like he doesn't work for his check.
He is one of the top 2 wr's in the league. He plays hard every down, unlike moss. He wants to get paid after realizing he is mortal and could get injured at any time....like last year. I'm sure the eagles would cut him very quickly if he had a career ending injury.

awing_pilot said:
they knew what they got when they signed him,so i do not feel bad for the eagles Org. He had a great year even injured and wants more money. He earned it, good for him go get it. Contracts in the NFL are CR@P, they are one sided and he is trying to do whats in his best interest. If he earned it and can get it then go for it TO. I would hope that no player no matter there caliber gets the absolute most $ they possibly can!!! yes they make more then we do but thats the nature of the beast.

Everyone told him not to sign this contract. Including his old agent. It wasn't a team taking advantage of TO. It was TO making a decision and then going back on his word.

Owens isn't going anywhere. Cry all he want he will not be given a new contract, and he basically has two options. He can play, and stop giving everyone trouble or he can sit out the season. But he wont be released and he wont be traded. While the comments from Joe Banner were un-necessary, T.O is just reacting to show off. He doesn't really want to be traded and he wont be. Eventually he will play for the Eagles on the opening of the seaosn, but probably will miss camp and pre-season.

But why would you even want T.O? I mean talented as he is, he's a trouble maker, he's expensive and he's aging. I dont think that even if he was for trade that Miami should go after him, i'd much rather stick with Chambers and Boston and Booker than have someone like Terrell Owens reaking havoc in the locker room.

I think a deal that would make everyone in the world happy is if we traded booker and boston for owens. Philly gets 2 above average receivers that are automatically their 1-2 punch, and we have room to play our stars on most plays. Our lineup would be like this:

QB: Pick em
RB: Ricky and Ronnie (on the field EVERY PLAY!)
WR: Owens and Chambers
TE: McMichael
5 o-linemen make 11 men on the field.

THAT is a potent offense.

Booker AND Boston for Owens? 2 possible 1000 yard Recievers? former pro-bowlers? and Younger less expensive talent for an expensive big mouth trouble maker who will be good for 1 or 2 seasons at best? Your crazy, that offense would be good because Owens makes everyone around him better. But i'd rather have a recieving core of Chambers-Boston and Booker when all healthy then just Owens and Chambers.

But as of late isnt it Miami's duty to pick up the troubled players. I mean Ricky W, David Boston. Hell why not T.O. If he wants to play in Miami bring him on

Also remember this T.O. has heart and the reason he is asking for this money is because he deserves it look at the Money Phillips and Eli. got and you dont think T.O is worth more lets be realistic he is worth the money just like Moss is worth the Money and troubles that they both come along with. They get the Job done end of Discussion.

PHIDolphins13 said:
Booker AND Boston for Owens? 2 possible 1000 yard Recievers? former pro-bowlers? and Younger less expensive talent for an expensive big mouth trouble maker who will be good for 1 or 2 seasons at best? Your crazy, that offense would be good because Owens makes everyone around him better. But i'd rather have a recieving core of Chambers-Boston and Booker when all healthy then just Owens and Chambers.

The argument is two-fold. Not only do we have Owens, but we also have another spot so that Ricky and Ronnie can both be on the field at the same time. And McMike can be on the field every play. We have these excellent players and we need them all to be on the field at the same time. Owens is flat out amazing. The best all-around receiver in the NFL, 2nd best deep threat in the NFL behind Moss. This would also put Chambers out at flanker again, where he has previously excelled. This way we have truckloads of talent at every skill position (except at QB of course, but let's give AJ a shot with this new o-line).

PHAZINPHINZPHAN said:
Also remember this T.O. has heart and the reason he is asking for this money is because he deserves it look at the Money Phillips and Eli. got and you dont think T.O is worth more lets be realistic he is worth the money just like Moss is worth the Money and troubles that they both come along with. They get the Job done end of Discussion.

They do get the job done, and I don't think TO is as much of a troublemaker (besides salary issues). TO just wants to have FUN! He doesn't give up on plays or play only when he wants to like Moss. This guy is amazing...a rare talent. He electrifies his own team and he electrifies the fans. Look what Shaq did for the Heat. Owens would have more of an effect on the Fins, but this deal is unlikely to happen.

T.O to me is in a different category of trouble players. I mean you have Ricky that dragged the team down to the bottom of the ocean quickly, and left a very big impact and you have David Boston who's dragged teams down minimally and not really noticably. Now with Owens you have a combination of the two, a guy who is going to have a huge impact a drag the Dolphins down very slowly, like a cancer. Just complaining and hurting the team each and every week while everyone notices. I dont really want that, i dont think Miami needs a guy like Terrell Owens. I mean like i said he's a great player but he's going to be 33 years old, coming off ankle surgery and who knows if he could have more problems with that. I just wouldn't do it, it's not worth the risk. Not to mention The Eagles aren't going to trade him.

kpcane said:
I think a deal that would make everyone in the world happy is if we traded booker and boston for owens. Philly gets 2 above average receivers that are automatically their 1-2 punch, and we have room to play our stars on most plays. Our lineup would be like this:

QB: Pick em
RB: Ricky and Ronnie (on the field EVERY PLAY!)
WR: Owens and Chambers
TE: McMichael
5 o-linemen make 11 men on the field.

THAT is a potent offense.

If the eagles were to trade Owens, do you really think the eagles would take booker and boston? I doubt it. You would have to trade some sort of package of draft picks, one of those receivers and a draft pick, or chambers straight up for Owens. Besides do you really want that self-centered jerk on your team?
A leopard never changes its spots. I would build the offense around Ronnie Brown and Chris Chambers for the next 5 years, and I wouldn't even give TerrellOwens a second thought.

Back
Top Bottom