Merged: All T.O. Trade Threads | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All T.O. Trade Threads

?

• Total voters
kpcane said:
They do get the job done, and I don't think TO is as much of a troublemaker (besides salary issues). TO just wants to have FUN! He doesn't give up on plays or play only when he wants to like Moss. This guy is amazing...a rare talent. He electrifies his own team and he electrifies the fans. Look what Shaq did for the Heat. Owens would have more of an effect on the Fins, but this deal is unlikely to happen.

I reaqlly doub he would have more effect then Shaq. I dont think any player on any football team can have the same affect as Shaq has on the heat. With only five people playing at once its alot easier for a basketball player to make a difference.

eh....i dont think he'd make that much of a difference. Hence people never heckling guys like Steve Largent for never winning Super Bowls, because WR's dont make that much of a difference when it comes to winning. But i would NOT take Terrell Owens on this team, he is a complete problem child and he would ruin the team. He wouldn't make enough impact to make Miami into a playoff team in time for him to start bitching, or become old enough where he starts to diminish. He's entering his 10th season, i wouldn't trade young WR talent, who wont cause nearly the distractions for Owens.

awing_pilot said:
Right Owens didn't catch what was it 14 TDs for 1200 yards in like 14 games. something EVERY SINGLE ONE of our receivers has failed to do. I forgot his 84 points didn't help them get there. and yes he played in the game but he didn't lose it the team lost it not because of him. He's had consecutive 1000+ season since 98 as opposed to chambers, bookers, Bostons, Thompson's, and every other dolphins receivers big fat ZERO (in dolphin uniforms)

ALL of you are full of horse cr@p if you honestly tell yourself your team is better without a player of his caliber. Look at the numbers thats the bottom line, he maybe a ME guy or a loner or a "cancer" but he gets the job done, something that our receiving corp has failed to do lately. TO wasn't a cancer when he was scoring TDs or getting huge runs. I say it for the millionth frig'n time, being a boyscout doesn't get you points, being better then others does and clearly TO is better then any receiver we have on our roster!!!

His 1200 yards and 14TD's are real nice to look at.....but he brought those to a team who had earned Home Field Advantage in the palyoffs for the previous 2 years and had hosted the NFC championship game for 2 years w/o TO, so don't act like it was his production that got them to that point, they already proved that they could get there without him.

What the previously couldn't do was win that game....which they did this year....WITHOUT TO!! Do you argue that??

So they get to the Super Bowl, and TO plays.....heroic right??? No, EGOTISTICAL!! That's why TO played IMHO, not for his team, but for himself, to say that he played on the largest stage in the world. Do you really think that if that were a regular season game, that meant just as much for the Eagle franchise, but wasn't nationally televised, that TO would play?? NO!! He's a selfish prick, all he cares about is TO and all he'll ever care about is TO. Anyway, so what's the result of that game?? Eagles lose. Certainly nopt TO's fault, but he didn't put them over the top either.

So, for all of TO's gaudy #'s and self-promoting celebrations, what did the Eagles get for it?? NOTHING!! They got one game further then they had previously, but TO had NOTHING to do with it!! So, now, in the end all they have to show for all of the money they shelled out is one giant headache.....and he wants more money!! :shakeno:

And thanks for pointing out that he has more talent then our receivers....I really never noticed that. :shakeno: When I said that he was probably a top-3 WR, I was counting Chambers #1, Booker #2, and maybe Boston #3....but certainly TO would be no lower than #4. :rolleyes:

Talent has never been the question with TO.......it's whether he can ever be happy for more than a few months,, no matter how much he is catered to (remember the NFL already caved to TO's whining once, but that obviously isn't enough for him).

I seriously can't believe that anyone supports this piece o' ****. :shakeno:

^ Yep, you took the words right out of my mouth. He's just not worth the trouble he causes, i mean i'm listening to a Miami radio station right now and they are talking about the trouble Owens is causing, i listening to an L.A Radio sation and it was the same i mean this guy is causing turmoil that is errupting all over the NFL. He's a contreversial big mouth and he is hurting the Eagles with the crap he is pulling right now, and i certainly dont think the Dolphins need something like that right now.

Good point. I know a team like the Patriots led by Belicheck and Pioli wouldn't take a guy like Owens, who causes a constant uproar. Which leads me to believe a guy similar to Belicheck, Nick Saban would do the same. Rosenhaus said it himself that T.O causes distractions, and it's an unfortunate circumstance since he is a great player but he does deserve to get some attention but i just wouldn't want it in Miami and i dont believe Saban or any real team executive who believes in discipline would. Andy Reid originally was a guy who didn't like to go after guys like Owens, but he decided to play with fire and go after Owens because he was such a good player. It has paid off until this past off-season, where T.O has really gotten out of control, but Andy Reid will beat T.O in this situation but T.O is going to be miserable and have a detrimental effect on the team, and we dont want that here.

WILLIS21 said:
If the eagles were to trade Owens, do you really think the eagles would take booker and boston? I doubt it. You would have to trade some sort of package of draft picks, one of those receivers and a draft pick, or chambers straight up for Owens. Besides do you really want that self-centered jerk on your team?
A leopard never changes its spots. I would build the offense around Ronnie Brown and Chris Chambers for the next 5 years, and I wouldn't even give TerrellOwens a second thought.

OMG I agree with a Bills fan. If this keeps up Ill have to break out my Scott Norwood Jersey.;)

I dont see TO going anywhere, the Eagles stuck with him and Im sure they intend to collect on their investment, it will be TO who will start losing money.

He wouldnt come here.He wants to play for a team that has a great qb.With Feeley and Gus we dont have a shot at getting him.I wouldnt want him anyway.Hes a great player but isnt worth the trouble.He's getting older also.I bet he only has 3 or 4 more great years left in him and he's not going to spend any of them here unless we get a great qb.

before you know it the owners unspoken rule will become... don't give in to Rosenhaus, let his guys sit and the message will be recognized. I hope.

burger13 said:
The Eagles got to the Super Bowl WITHOUT Owens.

They lost the Super Bowl WITH Owens.

49ers never won anything with him. I'm sure they have nothing but glowing recomendations for him.

Baltimore traded for him last year, that really worked out well for them too. :shakeno:

Owens may be a top-3 talent at WR, but he is the undisputed #1 HEADACHE at any position!!!
if i remember correctly T.O. played most of the season and got 13 tds he didnt help them along the way

burger13 said:
His 1200 yards and 14TD's are real nice to look at.....but he brought those to a team who had earned Home Field Advantage in the palyoffs for the previous 2 years and had hosted the NFC championship game for 2 years w/o TO, so don't act like it was his production that got them to that point, they already proved that they could get there without him.

What the previously couldn't do was win that game....which they did this year....WITHOUT TO!! Do you argue that??

So they get to the Super Bowl, and TO plays.....heroic right??? No, EGOTISTICAL!! That's why TO played IMHO, not for his team, but for himself, to say that he played on the largest stage in the world. Do you really think that if that were a regular season game, that meant just as much for the Eagle franchise, but wasn't nationally televised, that TO would play?? NO!! He's a selfish prick, all he cares about is TO and all he'll ever care about is TO. Anyway, so what's the result of that game?? Eagles lose. Certainly nopt TO's fault, but he didn't put them over the top either.

So, for all of TO's gaudy #'s and self-promoting celebrations, what did the Eagles get for it?? NOTHING!! They got one game further then they had previously, but TO had NOTHING to do with it!! So, now, in the end all they have to show for all of the money they shelled out is one giant headache.....and he wants more money!! :shakeno:

And thanks for pointing out that he has more talent then our receivers....I really never noticed that. :shakeno: When I said that he was probably a top-3 WR, I was counting Chambers #1, Booker #2, and maybe Boston #3....but certainly TO would be no lower than #4. :rolleyes:

Talent has never been the question with TO.......it's whether he can ever be happy for more than a few months,, no matter how much he is catered to (remember the NFL already caved to TO's whining once, but that obviously isn't enough for him).

I seriously can't believe that anyone supports this piece o' ****. :shakeno:

That's an excellent post.

I couldn't agree more, TO is the biggest POS in the league, bar none. No one has ever questioned his talent, but he's never put ANY team he's been on over the top. It's not like this Philadelphia team was pathetic and TO put them on his back through the Playoffs, they had already been there and done that. They acquired him to win 2 games, and he didn't help them win either.

I'll never forget that scene in San Francisco when he was b*tching out the Offensive Coordinator for not getting him the ball, and RIGHT ON the sideline no less.

awing_pilot said:
Oh yeah he was a huge cancer last year helping them to the superbowl. G-d I would so not want one of the top 3 WR's in the league on my roster. Phew I sure am glad we can't afford him :rolleyes:

No ones a cancer when your losing. They don't show their true colors until they lose, and thats exactly what TO did after the superbowl loss.

Back
Top Bottom