Merged: All T.O. Trade Threads | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All T.O. Trade Threads

?

• Total voters
Call me crazy, But i think I would trade for Terrell Owens.

I never thought I would say something like that, but something about the interview at halftime of the SD/GB game made me think.

The Eagles are tightwads bigtime.
I believe Andy Reid just lost his cool.
I believe they are out to screw TO and his contract and make him miserable.

I have more problems with that than I do TO's antics. TO is the best WR in the game (you could argue Moss and Harrison ect.) and he is paid less than the top ten? The dude was a hero for coming back at his own risk for the SB.

I think Saban could turn his crap around and Rosenhaus would be a nice connection (even though I hate his ***, and TO for that matter) but somehow, I think TO and Ricky would make us look like real dips to the media, but then start kicking some serious ars! The only problem is that we would have to give up alot and we already did that for ricky. Very Very risky, but damn...............I think I would pull the trigger if something could be worked out.

TO is a great, great player. I would put up with his antics. That's how good he is. But I despise Eagles fans. They truly are scum. If a meteor hit Earth, only roaches and Eagles fans would survive. Anyone who went to the Dolphins/Eagles game a few years back can vouch for that. Let him stay in Philly. They deserve each other.

xiidaen said:
You are crazy.

(Always happy to help a fellow poster out)

we would be a hell of a lot closer to a super bowl and he would play hurt. How many guys on our team can you say that about..........and dont say Feeley........he doesnt count when he cant get rid of the ball.

Dubfire said:
TO is a great, great player. I would put up with his antics. That's how good he is. But I despise Eagles fans. They truly are scum. If a meteor hit Earth, only roaches and Eagles fans would survive. Anyone who went to the Dolphins/Eagles game a few years back can vouch for that. Let him stay in Philly. They deserve each other.

speaking of ****roaches anyone notice it was BERMAN doing the interview with TO and Drew? RHIP

This individual pisses off every team he goes too, why would you want that here, when we are trying to get a team concept in sink here?

finfan54 said:
we would be a hell of a lot closer to a super bowl and he would play hurt. How many guys on our team can you say that about..........and dont say Feeley........he doesnt count when he cant get rid of the ball.
Feeley, Mcintosh, Williams, Cahmbers, Booker, Taylor, Thomas, Madison, Seau

Those are the name of some people who would and have played hurt on our team before.

You do realize almost 90% of the time Feeley gets hit and drove to the ground is after he got rid of the ball right?:shakeno:

As for TO. Reid and the Eagles are out to get TO. lol That is the biggest load of u know what I have ever heard. Yeah 7 million a year is out to screw him lol. The mad signed the contract he has tro live up to it.

I know u are gonna use the lame excuse of players being able to get cut at anytime. However, I will say this just because TO had a great year last year u think he deserves a raise from a contract he signed last year? Ok let's go with that theory. Say he gets hurt again and misses half a season or has an average season. Do the Eagles then go and demand that he takes a lesser contract and less money because he didn't put up top WR #'s?

You guys would be great this season. But if you didn't win the superbowl the offseason would be a huge whinefest with TO, complaining about your teammates, his 7 year contract that he signed last year. :rolleyes:

TO is an *******.

It would be great to have a superstar like TO on the team, provided we could keep him happy. But how could we keep him happy(i.e. pay him)? We are taking a very hard line with Ronnie and we had to ship off Surtain because we weren't going to be able to keep him and his contract next year. So how would you expect to pay T.O. his due?

I dont understand the argument that hes not getting paid market value. Was it market value a year ago when he signed the contract? He needs to suck it up and play out his contract. I know alot of you people are gonna say that he doesnt have a guranteed contract and can be cut anytime, so why not hold out for more money. Well how many jobs have guranteed contracts? If I wanted more money right now and stopped going to work because of it, I would get fired. Sports players should be treated no different. This guys making millions of dollars and all he can think about is getting more money, I dont care if he played "hurt" in the superbowl, this guys not a team player.

NJPHIN34 said:
It would be great to have a superstar like TO on the team, provided we could keep him happy. But how could we keep him happy(i.e. pay him)? We are taking a very hard line with Ronnie and we had to ship off Surtain because we weren't going to be able to keep him and his contract next year. So how would you expect to pay T.O. his due?
How could we keep him happy, nobody else has been able too?

We need WR help, why didn't we trade for T.O. ?

Spielman's biggest mistake was not pulling off a deal for Terrell Owens. Say what you want about the guy's talent. But his character is so high it could only serve to elevate the Dolphins as an organization and the south Florida Community as a whole. Especially now that WR is our weakest position. We have undervalued this position for too long.
He wouldn't have to hold out with us, because Drew Rosenhaus (Whom I'm throwing my support behind for next new Pope) has so many of our players under contract anyway. And Saban would surely give him what he is worth. Which in my opinion should be in the top 10 in the league, ahead of most QB's and more than the best RB or shut down corner. When they have great games WR's touch the ball 10 times in a game. How can you not pay this guy at least 100K per reception?
And back to the character issue, people should applaud T.O. for fighting for workers rights. After seeing T.O. at halftime of tonights pre-season snooze fest I'm going in to work tomorrow to tell my boss "No, you shut up!" He is truly an inspiration. Viva La T.O.!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom