MERGED: Anyone watch Bills game | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Anyone watch Bills game

baalworship said:
We certainly wouldn't spend several months arguing back and forth whether our "Future" was indeed a second or third stringer on the Eagles...
:shakeno: :shakeno:

wait...your arguing what we gave up for Losman when people just mentioned he looked pretty good for the pre season. Don't try to turn this **** around, no argument needs to happen here. If we wanted to play that game we would talk about the picks you gave up for Ricky Williams and Jay Feeley but we won't. We could even go as far as saying you gave up a 6th and Jamar Fletcher for david boston on the IR. But all *******ness aside, quit crying, the kid looked pretty good.

I don't see how people understand. We got two first rounders last year. Dallas will have two next year. Plus we gave up a 2nd and fifth. So if the Bills do we'll or atleast decent it works out great. If the Bills end up sending a top 5 pick to dallas then laugh at our face, but that most likely won't happen. Plus even if it does, getting a franchise QB....anything is worth that.

Lukin said:
I was just watching the Bills/Broncos game and I got kind of a sick feeling when J.P. Losman came in. Why? Because this guy is gonna be terrorizing our secondary for years to come and he could've been ours :shakeno:. I know it's only preseason and he wasn't playing with the 1st stringers blah blah blah, but he looked great. 5/5 for 55 yds. Hes got a freaking rocket for an arm and he passes with Deadly precision. Very Brett Favrish. I know Speilman wanted someone who could start right away, but I'm afraid he mortgaged our future for an averaged QB when we could've had a future Probowler like Losman or even Henson, who is getting tons of Praise in Dallas. I've heard you can't even tell the guy missed 3 years of football and I wouldn't be suprised to see him playing if Testiverde doesn't do better than he did last year. Oh well, all I can say is, I hope Feeley is the real deal, which right now isn't looking likely.
Youve hit the nail on the head.The best QB in this years open market was Henson.He is going to be the Marino/Elway of the future..In years to come we will regret the opportunity we lost in getting him.Losman,Rivers,Eli,Henson will be mentioned in the same breath as Marino.Elway,

I agree in that you COULD be getting a steal with Losman. A 2nd rounder (and a 5th, which is basically a bag of chips - nice snack, and could bring a prize) is a nice price to pay for a franchise QB. BUT...

You don't know that yet. I think we'll have to wait more than just this season - think 3, 4 years - before we can pass judgement.

BTW, he looked great today. Wanna trade him? :D

CrunchTime said:
Youve hit the nail on the head.The best QB in this years open market was Henson.He is going to be the Marino/Elway of the future..In years to come we will regret the opportunity we lost in getting him.Losman,Rivers,Eli,Henson will be mentioned in the same breath as Marino.Elway,
:roflmao: based on what?

Not trying to be disrespectful, but c'mon... The kids could very well end up being mentioned in the same breath as Leaf, Akili Smith...

tenndolfan said:
well like i said in the other thread how can you say he was a "steal" you gave up this years second and next years first. how is that a "steal"?
if you dont post a good record this year you got "RAPED" for losman.
and the cowboys are smilling like they were when you guys heard "wide right"

i dont know how you could possibly say we got raped..

the bills said publicly.. they did not like any of the qb crop coming out next year MORE than they liked losman... so they decided to use next years first round pick this year.. they paid a 2nd round pick and a 5th this year to have that right..

so they gave up a second round pick and 5th to get our qb of the future.. if tonight is any indication of how he is gonna play.. then we made a great move..

you gave up probably the first pick in the second round of next years draft for aj feeley, the third string qb, who cant even beat out dumbo at qb..

i think if you ask anyone other than some of the fans on a dolphins message board who got bent over.. 9 times out of 10.. people would say the fish did.

and the cowboys didnt have anything to do with "wide right".. learn your nfl history before you talk worthless smack.

NaboCane said:
Remember, we're still talking about the Bills FO here - the one that gave up all those picks for Losman, then with one of the few picks they had left chose...a kicker. In the 3rd round.
:huh:

Last I knew the Bills chose DT Tim Anderson from Ohio State with their 3rd rd. pick. :shakeno:

The kicker you speak of that was chosen in the third round this year was drafted by San Diego and was named Nate Kaeding. Supposedly one of the best kickers to come out in a while. And the Chargers received that pick from the Giants in the Manning/Rivers trade.

Get your facts straight before you make yourself look foolish next time. :escape:

DaQuix said:
I agree - looks like we got a steal at 23 ... he looked by far better than Eli and Ben.
Eli and Ben will become better QB's than Losman, it will just take some time. Eli is going to be a star, even I can't deny that.

Phinz4Life said:
Eli and Ben will become better QB's than Losman, it will just take some time. Eli is going to be a star, even I can't deny that.
IMO this Manning is just a name, and NY is a BIG stage.

Losman looked very sharp tonight, as the stats prove. Looked very composed for his first taste of NFL action. He isn't starting quality quite yet, but with a few more showings like this, he'll be taking the #2 job from Travis Brown. It's only one preseason game, but it is a step in the right direction.

I went to the game tonight and was very impressed, Willis impressed me the most after 1 game, he really showed some good stuff. Although JP played outstanding for his 1st action. Our defense of course played awesome, with 2 INT's in the 1st quater and let Jake Plummer do nothing at all. Looks like another dominating year for the Bills defense.

LosmanOwns7 - I sure hope they put him #2 on the depth chart for Saturdays game. If he owns in that game against some of the starting D and some backups then we can start thinking we have someone special.

LosmanOwns7 said:
Losman looked very sharp tonight, as the stats prove. Looked very composed for his first taste of NFL action. He isn't starting quality quite yet, but with a few more showings like this, he'll be taking the #2 job from Travis Brown. It's only one preseason game, but it is a step in the right direction.

LosmanOwns7 - you live in North Collins? Where exactly? Near the old liquor store or closer to the new pizzeria? Parents grew up there ...

Tatonka said:
and the cowboys didnt have anything to do with "wide right".. learn your nfl history before you talk worthless smack.
im sorry you lost so many super bowls i got confused :D my bad it was the giants that year thats right. :cooldude: i cant remember was that the 3rd straight or the 4th one?? or was that the one that started it all?? im tryin at least give me an "a" for trying :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom