MERGED: Anyone watch Bills game | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Anyone watch Bills game

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
:huh:

Last I knew the Bills chose DT Tim Anderson from Ohio State with their 3rd rd. pick. :shakeno:

The kicker you speak of that was chosen in the third round this year was drafted by San Diego and was named Nate Kaeding. Supposedly one of the best kickers to come out in a while. And the Chargers received that pick from the Giants in the Manning/Rivers trade.

Get your facts straight before you make yourself look foolish next time. :escape:
You're absolutely right, spit -

I got my sh!tty second-rate franchises mixed up.

And BTW, if I got my facts straight, I wouldn't look foolish...well, I would but it'd have nothing to do with facts...:lol:

tenndolfan said:
im sorry you lost so many super bowls i got confused :D my bad it was the giants that year thats right. :cooldude:

At least we have been to one within the last 10 years

Your last time was what? 20 years ago?

Bills fans need to grasp the concept that not all first round picks are the same. Yea you got the 23rd pick from Dallas but what if you guys have a top 10 pick next year. I mean then Dallas would have gotten a top 10 pick, your 2nd and 5th and only given up a chance to take a future franchise QB when they already have one in Henson. As for Feeley, yea a 2nd round pick may have been too much we wont know until he plays in the regular season its the same with losman. All we know is that the most the dolphins can give up for Feeley is the 33rd pick and Buffalo could give up the 1st for losman and
the 2nd and the 5th. IMO both teams should have traded for Henson.

NaboCane said:
You're absolutely right, spit -

I got my sh!tty second-rate franchises mixed up.

And BTW, if I got my facts straight, I wouldn't look foolish...well, I would but it'd have nothing to do with facts...:lol:
I understand, the Giants and Chargers are easy to mix up. Especially with all those picks swapping hands.

:rolleyes:

tenndolfan said:
im sorry you lost so many super bowls i got confused :D my bad it was the giants that year thats right. :cooldude: i cant remember was that the 3rd straight or the 4th one?? or was that the one that started it all?? im tryin at least give me an "a" for trying :cooldude:

fair enough..

you get an A for trying.

:D

Henson? I dont know too much about him - Id rather have J.P.

I know someone brought up the competition that JP played against in College, well look no further than in the divison to see Chad Pennington played against similar teams.

So did last year's Byron Leftwich, if a kid has talent-he has talent. I think the Bills made a great move in trading next years Round 1 pick for Losman and 2nd last year. Even if they have a subpar year, there is no good QB coming out next year in the 10-20 range that would warrant selecting before Losman.

The Bills basically have three Round 1 rookies this year (McGahee didnt play last year), should be interesting to see how they pan out. (Evans/Losman/McGahee)

And really, being ****y is not setting off an "alarm" or anything, if he settles just a little bit there is nothing to worry about. Just dont let him get out of control.

If anyone stole anything, it was the Eagles. A high 2nd round pick for their 3rd string QB, wow.

Icer said:
I know someone brought up the competition that JP played against in College, well look no further than in the divison to see Chad Pennington played against similar teams.

So did last year's Byron Leftwich, if a kid has talent-he has talent. I think the Bills made a great move in trading next years Round 1 pick for Losman and 2nd last year. Even if they have a subpar year, there is no good QB coming out next year in the 10-20 range that would warrant selecting before Losman.

The Bills basically have three Round 1 rookies this year (McGahee didnt play last year), should be interesting to see how they pan out. (Evans/Losman/McGahee)

And really, being ****y is not setting off an "alarm" or anything, if he settles just a little bit there is nothing to worry about. Just dont let him get out of control.

If anyone stole anything, it was the Eagles. A high 2nd round pick for their 3rd string QB, wow.

Be careful what you say about my boy Feeley. You'll be on the receiving end of his arm for a few years here :D

Alright, that said losman did look good. I still stand by my original call that he will be a bust. i think he has too much confidence in his arm and will try to push throws. However what we saw tonight WAS promising.

Anyway they didn't get a totally raw deal on the Losman trade. A first next year is the value of a 2nd rounder this year. Which means they gave up 2 2nd rounders for a QB.

The bills obviously made a choice. Bledsoe is kind of a crapshoot lately, so they had the choice of pursuing a franchise QB down the road, OR getting one a year EARLY and cutting off a year learning for him. They wagered what could be a high first for taking a year off his learning curve. NOt a bad move when you have an old immobile QB behind center.

Icer said:

saying that there is no good QBs in the 10-20 range is a really big assumption. USC's Matt Leinhart, Georgia's David Pollack, and FSU's Chris Rix could all be worth taking in that range before Losman.

DaQuix said:
Henson? I dont know too much about him - Id rather have J.P.
Some scouts say Henson may have been chosen ahead of Manning if he was in this years draft. Henson also scored a 41 on the Wonderlic test which was one of the highest scores of anyone in the draft. Henson has a great arm and is a smart QB too since his dad was a HS football coach. He doesnt have the character issues of Losman and could have been had for only a 3rd if he wanted to go to buffalo, I dont know if Buffalo was on his list of teams.

VJ1252 said:
saying that there is no good QBs in the 10-20 range is a really big assumption. USC's Matt Leinhart, Georgia's David Pollack, and FSU's Chris Rix could all be worth taking in that range before Losman.
Chris Rix?:roflmao:
Pollack?

Leinart if USC has a good year wont be around by the time the Bills pick (which will probably be in the early/late teens). If you had thrown in legit names like Aaron Rodgers, and Andrew Walters I could have consented that there are some prospects in the 11-20 range, but Rix? Was that a joke?
Not that Rodgers could even be around, stocks rise very quickly like Philip Rivers' did.

I'd rather have Losman than most of those guys right now anyway.
Though that may change by the time this next NCAA season is completed, the Bills FO obviously liked Losman enough to risk not seeing this season pan out and going from there.

Be careful what you say about my boy Feeley. You'll be on the receiving end of his arm for a few years here

Alright, that said losman did look good. I still stand by my original call that he will be a bust. i think he has too much confidence in his arm and will try to push throws. However what we saw tonight WAS promising.
It remains to be seen if he will be better than Jay Fiedler is, until then I wont say the Dolphins got completely ripped off (even though I do believe that) just that the Eagles got a 2nd round pick which could even be in the 30's or early 40's for there 3rd string QB. That's insane.

Icer said:
It remains to be seen if he will be better than Jay Fiedler is, until then I wont say the Dolphins got completely ripped off (even though I do believe that) just that the Eagles got a 2nd round pick which could even be in the 30's or early 40's for there 3rd string QB. That's insane.

It's true...it is insane....whoever agreed to the deal from Miami was a complete idiot. however, there is not much we can do about it now except to hope the guy actually pans out as a solid QB.

MikeO said:
Well, no. You also gave up a 5th rounder in last years draft. :roflmao: Maybe you should go back and see what you actually gave up.:evil:

You gave up a 1st in 2005, a 2nd and 5th in 2004 for Lossman. That is a lot to give up for a guy with "character" issues who didn't play against a high level of competition in college.

If you know the draft you know a first in 05 = a 2nd in 04. That's why you guys had to give up a 2nd this year to draft wade smith in the 3rd last year. In all actuality, they gave up two 2nd's and a 5th for losman....two 2nd's typically equals a first in the 20-25 range which is where they took losman. Unless they end up with a top 10 pick next year, it wasnt' a bad deal for them. Franchise QB's arent around very often at that point in the draft.

VJ1252 said:

Leinhart and Pollack should be first round picks...only problem is Pollack is a defensive end. I think you are referring to David Greene. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom