[MERGED] Asante Samuels

SQuinn17

League Dominator
Reaction score
:rotfl1:

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

He's not worth it and my gut feeling is that he is a product of the NE system and won't be able to play at the same level elsewhere.
agree 100%. look what david givens did with the pats! he got a bigger deal, and has done nothing since.

HybridPHIN 23

the N E W Dolphilbins
Reaction score
ya Will Allen is a nice all around starter .... and we just resigned Michael Lehan!! When he first saw time 2 years ago i was thinkin.."who's guy Saban?? we're in deep doodoo"
But he's been impressive ever since. Getting someone like Samuel as a lockdown #1 would make our Cbs complete... But they're all in their prime (late 20's) and this team is getting seriously reworked. My vote is to take a corner with one of our 2nds.

I wonder, being that Belicheck raised Samuel himself:wink: ....would this affect the interest Parcells would have in signing him???

FinsGirlie

Crowder's #1 Girl!
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Pats will put another 1 year franchise tag on him. He's not that expensive at 7mil for how he plays IMO, but I still don't think the Pats will let him go.

Yessir

Dolfan for Life
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Pats will put another 1 year franchise tag on him. He's not that expensive at 7mil for how he plays IMO, but I still don't think the Pats will let him go.
Girlie, they can't. There was a clause in his contract this year which disallows them for franchising him again.

He's free to hit the open market...

With Zant, it's all about "show me the money". I know the dude personally actually, and he would loved to come home and play for the FIns(he's from down here, UCF grad)...

FinsGirlie

Crowder's #1 Girl!
Reaction score
Girlie, they can't. There was a clause in his contract this year which disallows them for franchising him again.

He's free to hit the open market...

With Zant, it's all about "show me the money". I know the dude personally actually, and he would loved to come home and play for the FIns(he's from down here, UCF grad)...
oh, I didn't realize that....thanks for the info. He's not a bad player at all, I just don't know if we should pay him what the Pats were.

Spector

Starter
Reaction score
Wow man, change that title.

"Asante Samuel to Miami" Is beyond misleading.

houtz

"guess who's back, back again"
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I would like to see him here. Everyone criticizing him would eat their words if he played like he did in NE.

Top Bottom