[MERGED] Asante Samuels | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Asante Samuels

asante samuel contract

according to the boston herald his agent wants ten years at 100 million dollars.thats a huge contract,i know some were interested in him.think we should go for it?

Not for 10 years. I might do 7-10mil for 5 years, since he is only 27 (I think).

say no to asante. let's swing a trade with the falcons for D-Hall.

About how much would we have to pay for him? Or would bill go after a young corner in the draft? Thoughts?

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO......DRC(Dominque Rodgers Cromartie) is a better solution

according to the boston herald his agent wants ten years at 100 million dollars.thats a huge contract,i know some were interested in him.think we should go for it?

yea....to ask him and his agent what their smokin on....

Wow, you people are ridiculous. Its 2008 people, contracts are ridiculous nowadays. Here is a great chance to really improve a needed position and you dont want to because he might be too expensive. We now have the most cap space in the league. We didnt just do this to save money. We will spend. Yes its expensive, but this isnt a rookie with an upside that you hope lives up to his potential, Samuel is a proven player. On top of that, like someone said earlier, by signing him you take away a top player from the Patsies. That would give the Patsies a nice hit.

if we go in that direction i would rather pay samuel the nine or ten million then hall, samuel is a winner and and has no issues, it also would be nice to get a pat for once

Wow, you people are ridiculous. Its 2008 people, contracts are ridiculous nowadays. Here is a great chance to really improve a needed position and you dont want to because he might be too expensive. We now have the most cap space in the league. We didnt just do this to save money. We will spend. Yes its expensive, but this isnt a rookie with an upside that you hope lives up to his potential, Samuel is a proven player. On top of that, like someone said earlier, by signing him you take away a top player from the Patsies. That would give the Patsies a nice hit.
Samuel's status as at top CB is more than likely the product of playing on a very good NE defense and may not be the same player in another system. There is no reason to throw money at him just because he's available, you have to consider how he'll fit in Miami. He isn't worth it IMO.

First the Dolphins have plenty of cap money....they lack a true stop corner and by getting Samuels and drafting another top rated corner it would make a total change in the secondary. The Dolphins secondary was beaten like step-kids last season...and haven't been worth a hoot since Madison and Surtain left....you have to start somewhere.
You can't expect to fix it all in one year or one draft...but it sure helps when you have a top secondary that can cover longer until your DL gets to the QB.

Our secondary didn't get that beat up because other teams ran the ball all over us. We were last in rushing defense and top 10 in passing defense. I think that alone can attest to how horrible we were against the run and how little opposing teams really needed to throw the ball against us.

I agree with you that we need help in our secondary and that there is no way to better jump-start it than to sign a highly talented free agent. I, however, don't think we need to spend that type of money on that position. You would be spending that type of money on a corner that, like Aqua said, takes way too many risks. I would have much rather signed Marcus Trufant, a corner that doesn't necessarily take as many risks, but still offers comparable coverage abilities. Much more reliable, if you get what I mean. Since Trufant and many others got tagged, I'm not so sure as to what we're going to do. I would love to have DeAngelo Hall in Miami. His talent, combined with our coaches would be a marvelous thing, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom