[MERGED] Asante Samuels | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Asante Samuels

I think the guy from the Raiders Asamougha is the best guy on the market. He is still really young and is on the upswing. He is a big, physical bump and run guy which is what we need badly.

he will get tagged.

Hes the best CB in the league behind Champ. Randy moss speed, great size, got thrown to only 38!!!!!! times. Samuels had what? 105 or so? can you believe that!!!!!! 38!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 only 10 were complete my gosh u break bank on a guy like that.

he will get tagged.

Hes the best CB in the league behind Champ. Randy moss speed, great size, got thrown to only 38!!!!!! times. Samuels had what? 105 or so? can you believe that!!!!!! 38!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 only 10 were complete my gosh u break bank on a guy like that.

That's just sick, 38 times!! He really is underrated in terms of so called "big names". Wish we could get him. @ firsts are just too much to ask for anyone.

That's weird that you feel that way because this is one of the deepest corner class I've ever seen. (And I'm sure most would agree with me.)

thing is that we need to use those 2nd round picks on at least one LB. so, though it may seem that the draft is deep at CB, it wont benefit us any because we need to use our #32 pick on a LB...so all the good CBs of this deep CB draft will be gone by pick #57...which will probably have to go to a OL.

thus, why i think that the samuels, faneca, and hamlin rumors are true. i think that MIA will look to sure up its secondary via FA, so that they can use/focus the 2 2nd rounders on LB/OL.

About how much would we have to pay for him? Or would bill go after a young corner in the draft? Thoughts?
it's actually Asante Samuel, no s. He's going go after 10 or 11mil/yr. Ya he's bad a$$ but come on. Wilson is a much cheaper option and shut Randy down which is what we need. As far as the Fran tag goes, Moss would be my guess to get it. Asante has already pouted to much about $ for Belicheat's taste. Moss is trying to fit in. I just can't wait until March 1st.
PLEASE WORK SOMETHING OUT WITH ZACK BEFORE THEN BILL!!!! :rolleyes:

Unless its a young player I think your team needs to focus on the draft. Even if you could get a playoff team next year via free agency that would cripple your cap for years to come.

He will more than likely beat Nate's contract for 8 years , 80 million.

asante samuel

according to his agent he wants what clements got last year.its on profootballtalk.do you guys think his worth it.i say lets do it.

Asante plays great, and is tough as nails. Something we really need in our defensive backfield. He certainly doesn't lack any athleticism. However; he size really is not that great. He is 5'10", and 185 lbs., and at the price he is asking is he worth it?

Is Samuel worth it....yes....and here's why. First he has shown he's far better than anyone we have now on the roster and by signing him you take away a top player from the Pats. Now wouldn't that be nice for a change.

Lets Say We Get Sign Him And Give Him Nate Clements Money.....how Much Will We Have Under The Cap After That?!?!?!?! Can Anyone Tell Me Please

Is Samuel worth it....yes....and here's why. First he has shown he's far better than anyone we have now on the roster and by signing him you take away a top player from the Pats. Now wouldn't that be nice for a change.

He's most likely not even going to be in a Pats uni next year, so that responsibility hopefully would fall on someone else. They'll have to pick and choose who they re-sign because they probably won't have the money to re-sign Samuel and Moss. Moss isn't going anywhere because him and Brady are friends with "benefits." He would just ask for too much, and we have to spread our money out to get talent in a lot of other positions.

He's most likely not even going to be in a Pats uni next year, so that responsibility hopefully would fall on someone else. They'll have to pick and choose who they re-sign because they probably won't have the money to re-sign Samuel and Moss. Moss isn't going anywhere because him and Brady are friends with "benefits." He would just ask for too much, and we have to spread our money out to get talent in a lot of other positions.

First the Dolphins have plenty of cap money....they lack a true stop corner and by getting Samuels and drafting another top rated corner it would make a total change in the secondary. The Dolphins secondary was beaten like step-kids last season...and haven't been worth a hoot since Madison and Surtain left....you have to start somewhere.
You can't expect to fix it all in one year or one draft...but it sure helps when you have a top secondary that can cover longer until your DL gets to the QB.

Asante Samuel would be a huge.........

weapon against the patriots and the Fins need a real shut down corner to be a better defense in 2008. Yes he wants a lot of money but so does other players of his caliber. Asante is a solid CB and makes a lot of great plays. IMO the Fins are crazy not to sign him because someone needs to stop the slaughtering of our defense. Every long ball had a very good chance to be completed against our secondary last year. The dolphins have given up so many long passes to the worst teams in the league and that needs to stop if the Dolphins really want to win. IMO you really get what you pay for but some people do not live up to expectations. Asante Samuel Will. Go Fins and Draft a DT/DE in the first round so there will be a pass rush this year.:D

Back
Top Bottom