Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 104 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

boomer, what's with oakland? they don't really need a QB but there are all these rumors of them trading up to get leinart (doesn't make sense) or young (makes even less sense)...

trate121hb said:
Hey Boom,

I hate the Seminoles but I love their big 3 this year with Bunkley Sims and Cromartie....I would be ecstatic if we can get Sims in the 1st and a guy like Wroten in the 3rd. My question: Out of those 3 guys who would you want to see in a Fins Uni and why???? And do you think Wroten will be available in the 3rd???? I read an article on him and even though he's had some off field issues...the guy has a world of talent....

Don't forget Wimbley, who would be a nice option for us. Boom or CK, witch Seminole do you think would be the best fit or possibility for us?

UF Fin Kat said:
boomer, what's with oakland? they don't really need a QB but there are all these rumors of them trading up to get leinart (doesn't make sense) or young (makes even less sense)...
They only have Aaron Brooks and he is not their long term answer at QB.

trate121hb said:
arent bunkley and ngata DT's???? could be wrong boom but i thought so. I personally would want Bunkley....The man is a beast

Yeah, thats what he was saying. If one of them and Holmes are available, you take the DT(bunk or Ngata) over Holmes.

trate121hb said:
arent bunkley and ngata DT's???? could be wrong boom but i thought so. I personally would want Bunkley....The man is a beast

Yep, they're DT's. But Bunkley is an end/T in a 3-4, like Richard Seymour.

UF Fin Kat said:

Just Al Davis stirring the drink, that's all. Don't be fooled by it. They won't take a QB at #7. They have a few good reasons to make teams think they would take one, though.

do you know what their targets are? michael huff, vernon davis, bunkley all seem like good picks to me from their viewpoint.

NickJr. said:
Don't forget Wimbley, who would be a nice option for us. Boom or CK, witch Seminole do you think would be the best fit or possibility for us?

All of them.

I'm serious. Every single one of the big FSU guys are fit for our defense. Saban has to be lamenting that they all come out at the same time. Pat Watkins is a safety we're interested in for the 3rd round...and his size and athleticism make him perfect for Saban's D. Antonio Cromartie would be wonderful for this defense, another Ty Law. Kamerion Wimbley, Ernie Sims and Channing Crowder manning the OE, WLB and MLB spots, respectively, would be something that Saban would certainly love to see...once Zach and JT retire, of course. Leon Washington is a guy they are looking at as a possible part-time contributor at tailback...and jack-of-all-trades scat back type with great talent and eyes. Brodrick Bunkley could play Vonnie Holliday's spot, Kevin Carter's spot, or even Keith Traylor's spot. His immediate future would probably be at Holliday's spot.

FSU is just putting out a gaggle of athletes that we could really use on this team. There's not one of them that doesn't fit. I'd say the most unlikely fit would be Sims because even though he'll pack a wallop at 5'11" and 240 pounds, Saban would prefer him to be 3 inches taller.

UF Fin Kat said:
do you know what their targets are? michael huff, vernon davis, bunkley all seem like good picks to me from their viewpoint.

Haven't heard anything about Bunkley but they'll be keeping a close eye on the fortunes of Vernon Davis, AJ Hawk, and Michael Huff. Davis is such a coot though that it wouldn't surprise me if there's something he sees in the way Ngata runs his 40 time that makes him go for Ngata, or for Bunkley. I think Ngata will be a possibility before Bunkley. I don't buy that Ngata is falling. He's still a big massive planet theory guy and you don't find a whole lot of 340 pound guys that put up similar athletic numbers as the 300 pound exceptionally athletic Bunkley.

Bucknasty said:
Boomer,
What do you think about Jon Alston in the third. Not as a LB but a SS. 6' 1" - 223lbs 4.4 -4.5 speed. He has played some safety before and they say he is very quick and good in coverage. We need some size at the safety pos. I'm sure he could come in and play sp. teams until he learned the system. He is from Stanford. It seems that after the top 3-4 safeties are off the board, the rest of the pack run in the 4.6 - 4.7 40 range. This guy is smart, fast and big. I have read a couple of bio's on him and there are very few negatives. Just wondering if you had an opinion on him thanks.

He'd certainly be a very interesting 'in the box' type safety along with someone like Purdue's Bernard Pollard. But he struggled mightily in safety drills at the Senior Bowl, losing a lot of that suddeness that he displays at LB. Plus for someone who is a pretty decent cover backer, he really had problems playing the pass, blowing assignments and playing out of control. He is a tremendous athlete though and tackles superbly. He's a great blitzer as well and in the right scheme, he could be a very effective SS. He would need to be played alongside a very good pass covering FS.

I wonder whether the Senior Bowl was just an abberation. Of course he could also be a pretty effective 3-4 OLB, so I'd say he'd certainly be on the R3 radar.

UF Fin Kat said:

I totally agree with you.

That's all a smoke screen IMO.
They're developing A. Walter and it's unlikely they'll pick a QB in the 1st.

i don't think ngata has fallen, it's just that bunkley has risen. old al seems to put so much importance in the combine, and after bunkley's big day, it makes sense that he'd like him....but davis and huff obviously had equally exceptional combines.

Ck now that your here I'd be interested on your take on Harrington as well.

We got Boom's take (much appreciated there Boom) do you have anything to add on why Harrington has had problems adjusting to the NFL?

Product of Detroit, Detroits system, supporting crew in Detroit, Lack of tools, Mental problems in ability to read defenses in the NFL.... etc.?

Boomer said:
To be honest, I'll be very surprised if either is there. There are some rumours that Green Bay and San Francisco like Ngata early, he could go to Oakland at 7, Buffalo at 8, Cleveland, Baltimore or even Philly. Bunkley could go at 7 to the Raiders, 8 to Buffalo, 9 next to Shaun Rodgers in Detroit, 11 to St Louis, 12 to Cleveland as an end, etc.

If Bunkley or Ngata and Holmes are there, then you take the DT.

I dont really agree with you for the lions they do have Cody who was a second round pick and marcus bell provides nice depth

I would also think he will go to oakland or cleveland

Back
Top Bottom