Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 109 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

TractorTraylor said:
Hey Boomer, great stuff youre putting out here. My question is simple, which former b-ball player has more potential, Ed Nelson (Uconn) or Jai Lewis (George Mason)? What are your views on each?

To be honest mate, I've seen NEITHER play basketball, let alone football. From what I've read, Lewis looks the better prospect.

J Tes said:
Boomer/CK. I was wondering if either of you would/could give us a list of 3 or 4 players in each round (top 4) that Miami may have on there radar?

I'll pick 5 from each round you asked:
1st.
Jimmy Williams - CB/S
Chad Greenway - LB
Manny Lawson - LB/DE
Antonio Cromartie - CB
Santonio Holmes - WR

3rd:
Charles Spencer - OG
Pat Watkins - S
Jeremy Trueblood - OT
Baba Oshinowu - DT
Bernard Pollard - S

4th:
Devin Aromashadu - WR
Omar Jacobs - QB
Willie Colon - OT/G
Barry Cofield - DT
Marcus Maxey - CB

But really there are a lot of names I could pick.

RunRickyRun34 said:
Boomer.. less then a week for the draft..

Help us all out on our mock drafts and share some interesting tidbits or rumors or locks with us :D :D

Reggie Bush to Houston ;)

Look for a major team/player trade this week or draft day, likely on Friday night.

Bunkley to Buffalo.

Oakland WILL NOT take a passer.

Boomer, thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions.

What do you think of Demetrius Williams, Greg Lee, and Roman Harper? Any chance Williams falls to Miami in the 3rd? I was also wondering if you think Northwestern QB Brett Basanez will be drafted. I know his stats were great because of the spread offense, but he looked like he could become a good backup QB in the NFL.

Boomer said:
Reggie Bush to Houston ;)

Look for a major team/player trade this week or draft day, likely on Friday night.

Bunkley to Buffalo.

Oakland WILL NOT take a passer.

Interesting about Oakland. So who do you see Matt, Jay and Vince going to respectivley?

This question is for anyone. How would you rank our needs heading into the draft? Mine 1-OLB 2- Safety 3- WR 4 - DT 5-OLine

Boomer said:
Not heard a thing. I heard that the Packers turned down Denver's two 1sts last week, but that's it. 3 team trades, especially at the top of th edraft are hard to pull off and I'm always wary of anyone on the net who claims to be any sort of insider.
i'm skeptical, too, but the people there claim he has credibility.

honestly i can't think of a single time a 3-team trade went down just involving draft picks.

Boomer said:
1st.
Jimmy Williams - CB/S
Chad Greenway - LB
Manny Lawson - LB/DE
Antonio Cromartie - CB
Santonio Holmes - WR

3rd:
Charles Spencer - OG
Pat Watkins - S
Jeremy Trueblood - OT
Baba Oshinowu - DT
Bernard Pollard - S

4th:
Devin Aromashadu - WR
Omar Jacobs - QB
Willie Colon - OT/G
Barry Cofield - DT
Marcus Maxey - CB

No (OLB) Kamerion W. or (WR) Brandon M. they both bring size to their respective positions that we solely lack.

Boomer,

1. Would it be a reach to consider Lawson as the next Jason Taylor? That is a player we should NEVER again be without.

2. Have you ever heard of Joe Rubin RB Portland State? Thoughts?

3. What do you think of Baskett? Any sleeper WR's catch your eye?

As always, thanks!

RW

Boomer said:
1st.
Jimmy Williams - CB/S
Chad Greenway - LB
Manny Lawson - LB/DE
Antonio Cromartie - CB
Santonio Holmes - WR

3rd:
Charles Spencer - OG
Pat Watkins - S
Jeremy Trueblood - OT
Baba Oshinowu - DT
Bernard Pollard - S

4th:
Devin Aromashadu - WR
Omar Jacobs - QB
Willie Colon - OT/G
Barry Cofield - DT
Marcus Maxey - CB

Does picking a QB in this draft depend on wether or not we get the Harrington thing done?

Who is in the current top 10 most likely to take a slide to the low first round or early second?

J Tes said:
This question is for anyone. How would you rank our needs heading into the draft? Mine 1-OLB 2- Safety 3- WR 4 - DT 5-OLine

Not that I believe in drafting solely on need, but mine are:

1. DB - I'm not happy with our projected starters at Safety. If we had to move Daniels there, I'd be nervous about our Corners.

2. WR - We're cooked if CC or Marty gets injured.

3. OLB - I don't necessarily think we're in bad shape, but we could be excellent with an upgrade there.

4. OL - If Carey moves back inside, I'd like to add a Tackle. If Hadnot stays at Guard, we need a Center for the future.

5. DT - We're getting old here. Even if Manny and Vickerson are starting here in a couple years, we need someone behind them.

Flyer22 said:
Boomer, thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions.

What do you think of Demetrius Williams, Greg Lee, and Roman Harper? Any chance Williams falls to Miami in the 3rd? I was also wondering if you think Northwestern QB Brett Basanez will be drafted. I know his stats were great because of the spread offense, but he looked like he could become a good backup QB in the NFL.

I like Williams. Smooth, can get deep, good size, had a great year and still has upside. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Seattle at 31. I really think he's a top 45 pick at worst. Lee is a day 2 pick. Should have stayed in school. Roman is a great kid, solid player, could play 10 years in this like, a little like a Mike Minter, utterly unheralded, but solid. Undersized, not the greatest in coverage, but decent player. Basenez is nothing more than a number 3 IMHO.

Jimi said:
Interesting about Oakland. So who do you see Matt, Jay and Vince going to respectivley?

Tennessee for Leinart. Cutler to Arizona or St Louis. Young........hmmmm.

UF Fin Kat said:
i'm skeptical, too, but the people there claim he has credibility.

honestly i can't think of a single time a 3-team trade went down just involving draft picks.

Hmm. We'll see. If he's a genuine insider, what's he doing at the busiest time of the year logging onto the internet to chat to fans?

Back
Top Bottom