Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 110 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

blackthought said:
No (OLB) Kamerion W. or (WR) Brandon M. they both bring size to their respective positions that we solely lack.

Greenway and Manny Lawson are big OLB's last time I looked mate. ;)

Wimbley is going at 12.

I think Marshall will go before we pick in 3.

RichmondWeb said:
Boomer,

1. Would it be a reach to consider Lawson as the next Jason Taylor? That is a player we should NEVER again be without.

2. Have you ever heard of Joe Rubin RB Portland State? Thoughts?

3. What do you think of Baskett? Any sleeper WR's catch your eye?

As always, thanks!

RW

1. It's a fair comparison. Lawson essentially is a two trick pony at the moment as a rusher in that he has a fast wide rush from a wide stance and a spin move, so he needs work. But he certainly has Taylor-esque qualities.

2. I have, but I've never seen him.

3. I like Travis Wilson, Willie Reid I really like, Ben Obamanu and Devin Aromashadu, Martin Nance. As for Baskett, I like big Hank, consistent, good hands, great blocker. Could be a solid, Marty Booker type down the road.

duss12 said:
Does picking a QB in this draft depend on wether or not we get the Harrington thing done?

Who is in the current top 10 most likely to take a slide to the low first round or early second?

Not really. I think the Harrington thing will get done this week, late. Teams are always hectic working out their boards, etc and it's only midweek that they get to sorting stuff out trade wise, especially for players. We hold all the keys because they're not paying $4 million to Joey so they have to deal him for whatever they can get.

I don't see any top 10 pick falling into R2. The injury guys, like Ernie Sims, etc might fall. Jay Cutler's 4 arrests might hurt him some. Vince Young could fall way down. Tamba Hali and Matthias Kiwanunu are already tumbling, etc.

Boom? What was Cutler arreted for? I never heard anything about that. Thanks

NickJr. said:

luding...

he was arrested while intoxicated he broke some lights

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=414997

it was freshman jitter not sure it might hurt him because he has real talent

Suspended one game his freshman year at Vandy after being issued four misdemeanor citations for damaging a campus emergency phone, under-age drinking and evading arrest.

Boomer said:
Tennessee for Leinart. Cutler to Arizona or St Louis. Young........hmmmm.

Boomer..Do you buy into all those Young to Tennessee and Cutler to NY rumors in which Lienart drops out of the top 5?

Hey Boom, its me again.. what do you think of DE Victor Adeyanju? I think he's got some outrageous potential and is going to be a steal in this draft. Where do you see him being taken and you think he's a possibility for Miami in the 3rd?

NickJr. said:

Yeah, busting up a campus telephone, under age drinking, he got in a fight in a bar and he evaded arrest and lied about his name to the police, when caught.

Ray Butler. :rolleyes:

RunRickyRun34 said:
Boomer..Do you buy into all those Young to Tennessee and Cutler to NY rumors in which Lienart drops out of the top 5?

No. Seems the owner and Floyd Reese want Young if you listen to certain elements of the press and the rest of the staff want Leinart. I have no idea what will happen, but colour me very surprised if the pick isn't Matt Leinart.

Boomer said:
No. Seems the owner and Floyd Reese want Young if you listen to certain elements of the press and the rest of the staff want Leinart. I have no idea what will happen, but colour me very surprised if the pick isn't Matt Leinart.

The Raiders rumors may be real then of trading up for Leinart...

TractorTraylor said:
Hey Boom, its me again.. what do you think of DE Victor Adeyanju? I think he's got some outrageous potential and is going to be a steal in this draft. Where do you see him being taken and you think he's a possibility for Miami in the 3rd?

Great potential, but really raw. I like him. In the right hands he could be devastating. I'd say he goes mid to late 2nd.

Jaj said:
The Raiders rumors may be real then of trading up for Leinart...

If they take a QB, I'll be surprised. Really surprised.

I won't at all Boomer...

On to another topic while we're at it. I still think Greenway may become the Ronnie Brown pick of this year where Miami looks as if it's going all over in trade ideas and picks but in fact Saban has chosen his guy all along. I think Greenway could be a great pick as a future LILB to replace Zach as well as a very good LOLB for now.

Boomer said:
Greenway and Manny Lawson are big OLB's last time I looked mate. ;)

Wimbley is going at 12.

I think Marshall will go before we pick in 3.

I would hate for us to take Marshall at three anyway. There will be better receivers still on the board and better value at other positions. I actually think Willie Reid(FSU) will be a better pro. At round three its possible that
Aromashodou(AUB), Lee (Pitt) or Skyler Green could be there as well as many that are graded higher than Marshall. It all depends on the scout though and I have seen Marshall ranked as high as the sixth receiver in the 2006 NFL draft I personally thought Doug Gabrial was a better NFL prospect. Marshall has also got some red flags as far as discipline and trouble with law.

Jaj said:
I won't at all Boomer...

On to another topic while we're at it. I still think Greenway may become the Ronnie Brown pick of this year where Miami looks as if it's going all over in trade ideas and picks but in fact Saban has chosen his guy all along. I think Greenway could be a great pick as a future LILB to replace Zach as well as a very good LOLB for now.

Well who really knows if Saban wanted Brown all along. Is he really going to admit he wanted to trade out of the spot because there was three good running backs. I think we really wanted to trade this pick but were not given an offer worth considering. Getting extra picks and still being to choose one the the three very closely rated backs would have been a fairly easy choice. If SF took Aaron Rodgers who really knows if we would have took Smith since we really showed no interest in Rodgers. I dont think we could have made a bad choice among Caddy, Ronnie and Cedric Benson.

Back
Top Bottom