Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

tylerdolphin said:
What about Bloom? I forget his first name. The guy that just came from the Olympics in Turin. He ran a 4.5 in the combine, slower than he thought he would run. Will this drop his stock a lot or will teams give him a break because he isnt in football condition? I assume he is going to run the 40 again sometime, so he really has to improve on a 4.5 at his height.
What round do you see him in now?

Bloom actually was pretty impressive. (Jeremy is his 1st name). His 40 ime, considering how he's spent the last 9 months was very good. The quote that sticks in my mind was a GM saying something like "For a guy that's spent the last 6 months living in ski boots, that's a pretty damn good time".

I think late 3, 4 might be a place to pick a guy like this up.

finmann said:
Hey Boomer and CK......love what you guys are doing here with all the information you are giving us. Question: With all the needs this team has, do you guys think that Saban will possibly trade down to pick up additional picks? If so would it have a big impact on us aquireing a top LT or CB in the draft?

Hey Finmann....glad you're enjoying it. Suffice to say that it's certainly an option. Remember, Saban has watched Pioli and Belichick work the draft board for years and build a Championship team. I happen to believe that at least 1 of his highest rated players will be there at 16 needing not to pick, but if there are guys they like in the 20's and they can get value on a shift down, then certainly it's worth consideration.

As for acquiring a LT, well it would depend where you moved down to. Same of course with corner, although that category is stuffed with good talent.

PhinstiGator said:
Yo Boom / CK, for comparison sake...I have a hypothetical question assuming all these QB's were in the SAME draft. Which one do you take first and why?

1) Michael Vick or Vince Young
2) Brodie Croyle or Alex Smith
3) Matt Cassel or Ingel Martin
4) Reggie McNeal or JP Losman
5) Charlie Whitehurst or Charlie Frye

1. Mike Vick
2. Alex Smith
3. Matt Cassel
4. JP Losman
5. Charlie Frye.

motioncityhifi said:
Hey Boom or CK,
with the way Bunkley has been working out today, do you think he becomes even more of a possibility for us at 16?

Absolutely mate. He's been on our radar for a long while, but todays numbers, which are pretty outstanding....4.94 forty at 306lbs....legitimises what we've been saying. He is my number 2 rated prospect for the 16 pick. I know CK and I differ on him slightly with regards Gabe Watson, but essentially it's a minimal difference.

Boomer how do you take Vick over Young?

Im interested in your take on that

Young has proven to be a more efficient passer than vick will ever be, and just as dangerous running it

nick1 said:
I know for sure that Young will be better than Vick, come on Young is a league above Vick as a passer and they are both just as lethal as scramblers. Young dominated college at a level far above what Vick did. Vick was never the nations best QB and was never up for the Heisman. Vick is very overrated in the NFL. Young will surprise doubters BTW he got a 16 on the wonderlic test, the 6 mentioned was false info...

have you talked about Ko Simpson yet? he would be a 1st rounder I think and Miami should have strong interest in him, he is a playmaker. his only knock is inexperience

Disagree strongly on your Vick/Young thing for reasons to be found elsewhere on this thread. You say Young dominated at a level far above Vick......Vick played for the National Title.......and as for the Wonderlich, it seems he got a 6 and then a 16 on a retake.

I am a big fan of Ko Simpson. CK isn't as high, but I regard him as a blue chip safety prospect who ran the SC defense.

Boomer said:
Disagree strongly on your Vick/Young thing for reasons to be found elsewhere on this thread. You say Young dominated at a level far above Vick......Vick played for the National Title.......and as for the Wonderlich, it seems he got a 6 and then a 16 on a retake.

I am a big fan of Ko Simpson. CK isn't as high, but I regard him as a blue chip safety prospect who ran the SC defense.

The NFL has stated he never scored a 6

Hey Boomer, thanks for all your input... what are the odds Miami signs Brees and do you think we will have a better chance than the Ravens of getting him??

J Tes said:
Hey Boomer/ CK. Great work. I believe that Saban will address Miami's biggest need prior to the draft. That need being QB (hopefully by the signing of Brees). So going into the draft I see Miami's biggest needs as OL/DL/and Secondary. I have nothing to base this on, but I just dont see Miami spending a high draft pick on the O-line. I am a a huge Cromartie fan, and hope he's the pick at 16. But my question is, most of us know about Cromartie, Bunkley, Watson, but who should we know about as possible 2nd round targets at DT, and CB? Thanks

Well J Tes, obviously it depends on what hapens in R1. But Brodie Croyle, depending on our FA QB situation, Davin Joseph, Andrew Whitworth maybe, maybe....maybe Demetrius Williams, Claude Wroten, Baba Oshinowo, Jason Allen, Richard Marshall, Daniel Bullocks, Pat Watkins, etc would be guys that we might have a handle on.

J Tes said:
Marshall was exactly who I had in mind. He seems to be the complete corner, with natural cover skills. I could be wrong but I believe I read some where that he lead Fresno State in tackles as a junior. If true, not only is he a ballhawk but also good in run support. I think it would be a steal if he's there at 51. I believe he's vastly underated and should be picked in the late first. So I a Broderick Bunkley/ Richard Marshall draft is a strong possibility? If so, I will be a very happy camper on draft day.

Don't forget the Pat Hill connection. Look how it played out for the Pats last year with their 1st rounder, Logan Mankins.

NPG said:
Do you think Saban will gamble on a QB and wait until the last minute to take whichever quality QB is left, or will he pick a guy and go after him? For instance, if he lets the teams desperate for a QB take Culpepper, Collins, Schaub and some draft picks, might we then be the only suitor for Ramsey or even Brees? If there is nobody to negotiate with, we probably wouldn't have to give up/pay that much for whoever is left.

I think he goes for Brees early. He won't fall into the trap Wannstedt did and leave the QB position as the rat trap that finally caught him.

TXFinFan said:
Boomer, can you explain if this is good or bad for the Phins?

From John Clayton:

The Dolphins tabulated all the incentive bonuses that kicked in from their nine win season in 2005 and found out they will have a little less than $10 million removed from this year's cap. The Dolphins structured a lot of their incentives to a winning season. Nick Saban got hot at the end of the season and finished at 9-7.

I can't work out of he means that it's 10 million in our favour or not. I THINK it means in our favour, but I'm not sure.

hey whenever you get a chance...id like to know you Draft Gurus have to say about Barrick Nealy i think he ran a 4.5 in the 40 today and has a pretty decent arm i think so any info would be cool

Mainge said:
Ok guys, I love what you are doing, thanks a bunch.

Here's my question:

What is your take on Chris Leak? I'm a big UF fan and I'm wondering what you guys think of him, and how he'll translate in the NFL?

I remember being disappointed when he signed with the Gators over the Noles. He is a good athlete, who has excellent feet, can throw on the run to either side of the field, but he has limited arm strength and size, he rarely sets his feet properly and he throws off the back foot or unbalanced too much. I don't figure he has an NFL future long term.

tylerdolphin said:
I see in an earlier post CK that you say you would take Alex Smith over Croyle. Why? I saw absoloutly nothing from Smith this year in the 4 or 5 games I watched of him to suggest that he will be good. I know he is a rookie, but he was dreadful.
Do you pick Smith over Croyle because you see nothing in Croyle or because you see something in Smith?

Tyler, Smith is a rookie playing on the worst team in the NFL. Show me 1 QB who came in as a rookie and did a great job and I'll show you 50 who didn't but turned out pretty well in the end. Give him 4 years, then call him a bust. But not till then.

Back
Top Bottom