MERGED: At #2 the Phins take Ronnie Brown!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: At #2 the Phins take Ronnie Brown!!!

jason_taylor said:
DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO I CAN LET MY FLUSTRATION OUT ON HERE IF I WANT :yell:

How can you possibly say you want the guy to be a bust? I'm not happy with the pick either. But it wasn't my decision, nor was it yours. He's a Fin now whether you like it or not so you may as well pull for the guy. He's going to be our starting RB.

fmcowboy said:
Saban got OUT COACHED. Everyone called his BLUFF that he would take Edwards and then he didn't follow through. We should have taken Edwards then Cleveland or Minnesota would have traded with us. If you BLUFF than be man enough to follow through and get what we need.

I'm sure he received offers, but obviously they were not good enough. Saban is a man of principle and he stuck to his value chart. He wasn't willing to give the no. 2 pick away.
How can you be sure Cleveland and Minny didn't want Brown and they were bluffing the Dolphins. Minny has some decent backs, but none with the speed, size and versatility of Brown. They could have traded Bennett or Onterrio Smith later in the draft.

Benson isn't wearing a bears cap in his interview. Guess he isn't happy either. :rolleyes:

jason_taylor said:
BENSON AND EDWARDS IS TWICE THE PLAYER THAT BROWN IS AND THEY WILL PROVE IT JUST WAIT AND SEE :yell:

well, benson and edwards are two players, compared to brown who is only one...

anybody who is upset with this pick because they think ricky is coming back and will be the old ricky is smoking what ricky smokes.even if he comes back he will be suspended,and im sure hes not in playing shape,,stop acting like babys and support the new coach..

jason_taylor said:
DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO I CAN LET MY FLUSTRATION OUT ON HERE IF I WANT :yell:

Waaaaaa, waaaaaa, waaaaaaa, waaaa, keep crying baby. "I wanted blank, Saban should have called me I know more than him, He HAS to draft who I want ,Waaaaaaaa"

You are making yourself look like a child.

Wow..relax Fins. THERE WAS A LACK AT RB: SABAN ADDRESSED IT- PERIOD!

Also, if no one is willing to take the #2 pick away..you cant force a trade...RELAX..you guys got a GOOD RB! Now address the O-line!

finmann said:
Don't like the pick at all, thought we could get a back in the second round. I really wanted Saban to trade down and stockpile picks. However I trust Saban with this team now and for the long term. Brown is a good HB.
How do you know what was happening in the Phins War Room?
It has been wide spread common knowledge that Miami wanted to trade out of this spot... Would you have been more happy if Saban woukld have pulled a Wannstedt and lost big time value in trading down??
:shakeno:

Marino1983

Saban says Brown is a great person and player. He emphasized his versatility, speed, strength, catching ability. He is a good compliment to the rest the team. Can mismatch against opponents. He played well against LSU. WRs were a risk....only 6 out 0f 58 caught 1000yds in their rookie season. Brown now on WQAM.

I am happy with Brown. I love how he catches the ball out of the backfield, he looks great and was an excellent pick. Now let's get Mcphereson next!

armyfinfan said:
Brown didnt seem all that excited to be a Dolphin. He didnt once mention them. And now Espn is interviewing Crennell and they didnt interview Saban. They barely spent any time on us

That is called payback! Saban has basically shut out the media so as Dolphin fans, this is what we get. No Media Coverage. Time will tell about Saban. I like Brown, but I do not like him at #2, especially with so many talented RB's in this draft. I really think we should have traded down for the picks.
So I hope the Hell Saban is Right!!! Because if Brown is a bust, then we need to start looking for another head coach. I will give Saban no more than 3 years or we are done.

jason_taylor said:
SABAN WILL BE ANOTHER WANNY BECAUSE HE IS STUPID FOR PICKING BROWN I HOPE TO GOD THAT BROWN IS A BUST BECAUSE HE IS NOT WHAT WE NEEDED THIS IS BULL **** NOW WE HAVE GORDON RICKY AND BROWN WE JUST GOT SCREWED BY SABAN THIS IS BULL **** TO HELL WITH HIM:yell: :yell: :fire: :fire: :yell:

ok, u seem so pissed that we got him, who did u want? u whine about us pickin brown, who the hell did u want then.

i was kinda dissappointed when he took of hat but he did smile when he got the call. and then just now benson cried...now brown takin off hat is lookin real bad.

ronnie brown, highest drafted RB since czonka! this man is gunna run right through defenders

jlfin said:
I'm sure he received offers, but obviously they were not good enough. Saban is a man of principle and he stuck to his value chart. He wasn't willing to give the no. 2 pick away.

My concern is it may be stubborness rather than principle. I think this team needed more picks. Even if it meant getting less than his chart value. There are too many holes in this team to fill.

byroan said:
Benson isn't wearing a bears cap in his interview. Guess he isn't happy either. :rolleyes:

I'll bet he wishes Chicago and Miami swap some picks. I hope we get McPherson to overcome the loss of Alex Smith.

Back
Top Bottom