MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires

DOLFANMIKE said:
Just another dope smoker with screwed up priorities if its true. The attitude sounds about right for someone doing what he has been reported doing.

Awhile back I said he was immature, and that his drug use would hurt the team. I guess this is one of the potential scenerios that fits both of those discriptions.

He isnt the first great athlete to lose his desire and quit playing .....How sad that he thinks so little of this organization and moreover what they invested into him as a person.
I don't believe his drug use has anything to do with it (him being a creep, hurting the team, whatever, not the retirement per se). Hell, he could've retired for whatever reason (I miss my dreadlocks, for example) and it would still bug the hell out of me because he did it NOW. I swear to God, if he had done this very thing on January-April, godspeed... but NOW, why the **** NOW!?

I don't think he thinks little of this organization. I think he thinks big of himself. REALLY big.

Sometimes things like this have a way of unifying a team. Lets see what happens.

CapeFish said:
Last time I checked the Dolphins were Super Bowl contenders EVERY year. The Bills have been contenders for relocation.
Hardly. :shakeno:

Bet you guys wish you had McGahee now.... crap, my signature is even FUNNIER now!!!!

:rofl:

O.k. guys i got it. With all the high expectations placed on the fins this year and the mounting pressure, this is just a illaborate (sp) pRnk being pulled by Ricky and others to loosen the team up.

dean_siu said:
If you think Ricky is the only guy on the team smoking pot...you are kidding yourself. I guarantee you at least 75% of the Dolphins players probably get high on a regular basis.

You might as well say all of his football powers were located in his dreads and losing them made him lose the desire to play football...this argument makes as much sense (if not more) than saying that smoking a little pot made this happen.

The post was related to this quote:
"Society and the NFL say he can't smoke marijuana, for example, and that's one of the many rules of his confining workplace he will no longer abide. He says without apology he has gotten around NFL drug tests with a special liquid players all over the league consume by the gallon before tests to avoid detection. He says he simply didn't drink it before getting busted in 2002, and that he still hasn't heard on his appeal of a second failed test, but that the recent marijuana issues have nothing to do with his decision to retire beyond confirming how stifling celebrity can be and how ill-fitting the NFL is for him."

At this point I wish we had anyone. However, I expect RS to pull the trigger on another deal very fast and over-compensate the other team for a 3rd stringer.

He's not going to get away with this. Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, and Junior Seau are going to track him down and smack the **** out of him.

Wow! I know this isn't very classy... but neither are you guys on our board.

Enjoy your season!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :clap: :lol2:

I guess those camp reports on Minor better get updated and overanalyzed...

Someone wake up a tape breaker...

Now all kidding aside. I cant believe a professional would do this, especially this close before training camp not only is he destroying his teams but taking the heart out of the fans that pay money to see him play. People who bought season tickets to watch him play, that is sad for a guy who just wants a free spirit. Tough luck. If this holds up your screwed. :/

SMadison29 said:
I suggest Ogun for Fred Taylor.
I hate to say it but that sounds like a good idea. At least we'd still have Taylor on one end but have a decent back to take Ricky's place.

What the ---- is going on, hopefully it's a sick joke:shakeno: . I'm in shock:eek:

instead of trying to get an RB this late in the offseason we should get Bryant or McCardell. play Minor at RB and pray that Feeley can play well enough to create some room for Minor. and now we may as start Feeley cuz if Jay couldnt win with Ricky no way he can win without him.

Back
Top Bottom