MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires

Hey guys, I'm new from the MarlinsBaseball.com Boards, but the Dolphins may have a blessing in disguise. This will force the Fins to go out there and actually get a real offense.

i got a great idea... lets all "retire" from our jobs tomorrow because we don't want to be told what we can and can't do... and we don't want to live by any rigid guidelines anymore... lets all be enigmatic, carefree free spirits like ricky... the world would be such a fine place to live... ricky this might fly in '68 because hippies were cool then, but not now....

woody1351 said:
if were a good team someone will step and take over. forget taht worthless sob williams.
Like who?! Travis Minor sure as hell aint caryying this team

Truedus said:
"Society and the NFL say he can't smoke marijuana, for example, and that's one of the many rules of his confining workplace he will no longer abide. He says without apology he has gotten around NFL drug tests with a special liquid players all over the league consume by the gallon before tests to avoid detection. He says he simply didn't drink it before getting busted in 2002, and that he still hasn't heard on his appeal of a second failed test, but that the recent marijuana issues have nothing to do with his decision to retire beyond confirming how stifling celebrity can be and how ill-fitting the NFL is for him."

Just another dope smoker with screwed up priorities if its true. The attitude sounds about right for someone doing what he has been reported doing.

Awhile back I said he was immature, and that his drug use would hurt the team. I guess this is one of the potential scenerios that fits both of those discriptions.

He isnt the first great athlete to lose his desire and quit playing .....How sad that he thinks so little of this organization and moreover what they invested into him as a person.

A little clarity on that last point:

I meant to say two different things. His attitude has been childish IMO because, even though he has acted within the legal (moral) limits, he leaves the team with little to no chance of replacing him this late in the offseason, unless it's someone in-house, which seems rather unlikely considering we had him (I hope I'm making sense).

Also, if the issue was discussed for several weeks/months, I hope the FO took it into consideration. I can only hope, though.

Phinz4Life said:
In all honesty, Clump, I want to hurt you.

But I'd just be taking out my frustrations on something else.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I understand your frustration, but I was :rofl: at some of the comments

Sportscenter has just re-confirmed that he is retiring.

fint0xicated said:
it hurts like hell...but im sure its not as bad as losing 4 straight superbowls, loser.
When is the last time the dolphins and superbowl could even be mentioned in the same sentence? Definately not this year. :roflmao:

Nothing personal, touborg, but there is absolutely NOTHING positive about this. Not right now. Not with the way the offseason has unfolded. Not when this team is supposedly built around the guy who just decided he wants to leave.

Fair enough, just desperatly grasping at a hope that we will actually do something this year =(.

- If he was thinking about this and talking to several people for MONTHS about this, why didn't we hear a single peep about this thing? I don't care how secret, something must have slipped...

Or more importantly, why didn't he voice his concerns SO WE COULD GET A REPLACEMENT, LIKE THE ONE THAT JUST SIGNED IN DALLAS?.

- His attitude about this seems very, very childish, IMO. Yes, he's entitled to do whatever the hell he wants with his life, and his contract (apparently) doesn't forbid him to leave - but again, if he has been thinking for months, don't you think the braintrust would consider a solution to a problem that, no matter how unlikely, would almost certainly destroy the season and (quite possibly) the team's future?

Agreed. He seems to go left and right, not really knowing what he wants.

who cares really? the heat have shaq and wade is a stud.

BillsCA said:
When is the last time the dolphins and superbowl could even be mentioned in the same sentence? Definately not this year. :roflmao:
Last time I checked the Dolphins were Super Bowl contenders EVERY year. The Bills have been contenders for relocation.

Blitz4life said:
Omg This Is The Greatest News For A Jets Fan In A Long Time! I Was Like "am I Dreaming" When I Heard It On Espn Just A Few Minutes Ago. The Dolphins Are Soooo Finished This Season....yes! The Biggest Problem For Us Is Finally Gone!
Why do fans on other teams have to say things like this? You have no idea how depressing this is. Theres no need to rub it in. We know our season is over:(

DOLFANMIKE said:
Just another dope smoker with screwed up priorities if its true. The attitude sounds about right for someone doing what he has been reported doing.

Awhile back I said he was immature, and that his drug use would hurt the team. I guess this is one of the potential scenerios that fits both of those discriptions.

If you think Ricky is the only guy on the team smoking pot...you are kidding yourself. I guarantee you at least 75% of the Dolphins players probably get high on a regular basis.

You might as well say all of his football powers were located in his dreads and losing them made him lose the desire to play football...this argument makes as much sense (if not more) than saying that smoking a little pot made this happen.

I have a feeling Wanny is going to be rehearsing his Jim Mora impression come November: "Playoffs?" "Playoffs?!"

Back
Top Bottom