Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

After his Senior Bowl performance, this guy is going to be a solid second rounder. I wasnt at all impressed by him before, but throughout the Senior Bowl practices and this week he really impressed me and will have a great game tomorrow. I am very intrigued with him in the second round. That way we can still get a franchise QB, and pick up a solid player at a need position in the first round. There will be a couple of valuable adds to our team through this draft...AGAIN...second year in a row. Sounds ridiculous after what I call "The Dave Wannstadt Expirement"....in which we got one or two good players from the draft every three years.

HEDAZHELAS24 said:
im not trying to hate on any loyal dolfans, but please dont just listen to what mel kiper has to say. I agree he has great knowledge about the senior bowl and about who goes where but i think he is being unfair. shockley looked better during the season, looked better at the senior bowl practice, has better upside, has better size, is more accurate, and is dual threat. croyle is not bad but he does not compare to shock and if we thinking valur pick...croyle in the second or shock in the fourth?? come on even shock in the third would be a better pick

It wasn't just Kiper. Every single report I've read or heard said that Croyle was better than Shockley at the Senior Bowl practices.

little off the subject but just got back from meet the players tried to get QB of the future autograph gotCroyle
Hackney
Whitehurst
Cutler
Shockley

And several other non QBs

Bonus Bob Baumhower gave me an auto also

SEC + Shula = Alabama QB?

The Dolphins have often relied on their better coaching contacts in the college ranks to get valuable information on prospective players. Additionally, Saban seems to focus a great deal on SEC, the conference in which he coached. Could Saban be looking especially hard at the Alabama QB Brodie Croyle because of the Shula and SEC connections? According to the NFL Network Croyle is getting alot of positive attention from some GMs.

There seems to be only two QB's the Dolphins have been focusing on, and that's Cutler and Croyle. Cutler is the better of the two, but I would be happy with either. We need an upgrade at that position and it's time to draft a QB.

JohnDolphin73 said:
There seems to be only two QB's the Dolphins have been focusing on, and that's Cutler and Croyle. Cutler is the better of the two, but I would be happy with either. We need an upgrade at that position and it's time to draft a QB.

Cutler is over hyped and becoming over rated. I have watched seinor bowl practice and he is about as acurate as Fiedler (yeah its that bad at times), everyone is excited about his arm strength but look where Jeff George is today:confused2.

Croyle is a very acurate passer even on the move, and kiper said he has just as good an arm as any qb he has seen at the bowl in the past few years. His injuries have hurt him some but I think he is just as good a prospect as cutler.

Mr772 said:
Cutler is over hyped and becoming over rated. I have watched seinor bowl practice and he is about as acurate as Fiedler (yeah its that bad at times), everyone is excited about his arm strength but look where Jeff George is today:confused2.

Croyle is a very acurate passer even on the move, and kiper said he has just as good an arm as any qb he has seen at the bowl in the past few years. His injuries have hurt him some but I think he is just as good a prospect as cutler.

Hey man i'm sorry but your way off. His accuracy has not been absolutely amazing but it hasn't been bad once how ever(ive been watching senior practice all the week as well) When you look at qb's in this draft its hard to find some1 that has the upside and potential of cutler. Cutler might not be the most well rounded prospect right now as he definatley needs work on his footwork, but when you look at his physical ability, it is top notch.

HEDAZHELAS24 said:
no homer about it...did u watch the practice or the whole sec season...it would be pretty obvious if you did. senior bowl tomorrow and combine to follow.
I thought Shockley would improve his draft stock through the practices, but he's done the opposite. He's dropped snaps, made bad decisions, and looked rusty overall. The biggest problem, IMO, is that he didn't seem to improve through the week like the other QBs did. I'm not saying he won't make it in the NFl, just that he hasn't shown much this week.
HEDAZHELAS24 said:
WATCH dont listen.
I usually watch with the sound off so I don't need to hear the noise pollution ESPN calls experts. :D

Croyle looked like crap

All the QB's looked bad IMO but I cannot understand why people are on the Croyle bandwagon his out pattern was HORRIBLE considerable worse than Jay Cutler. I need alot more from all the QB but I have had enough of the weak armed qbs in Miami. SAY NO TO CROYLE:fire:

kbeath said:
All the QB's looked bad IMO but I cannot understand why people are on the Croyle bandwagon his out pattern was HORRIBLE considerable worse than Jay Cutler. I need alot more from all the QB but I have had enough of the weak armed qbs in Miami. SAY NO TO CROYLE:fire:
you must not have been watching croyle, he's got a rocket for an arm and as far as i'm concerned he outplayed Cutler and every other Qb today and if you go back and watch him throughout his career he's never had a problem with his arm strength. As a matter of fact coming out of high school he was touted as having the strongest arm coming out of high school since John Elway, may you're way off base.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
When is that? Who shows up to play/perform in that?

01/27/2006 - By PR Newswire

-- Twelve future NFL players who represent some of the best in college football will compete in the ninth annual Capital One Presents the College Football All-Star Challenge. This year's event will be televised by ESPN, Saturday, February 4 at 4:00 PM EST. With the move to ESPN the show now expands to an hour and a half...

Over the nine year history of the event, twenty-four competitors have been chosen in the first round of the NFL Draft and 11 have been chosen in the second round. Among last year's competitors were NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Carnell "Cadillac" Williams and Chicago Bears quarterback Kyle Orton. Once again, the Challenge will be taped at Dolphins' Stadium in Miami

"We are excited to have one of the most compelling events of football's biggest weekend on ESPN. This season, we will have another outstanding field of competitors. If it is anything like past competitions, it will serve as an excellent precursor to the NFL Draft," stated Jason Coyle, Intersport Senior Vice President and General Manager, Media.

Texas quarterback and Rose Bowl MVP
[size=-1]Vince Young[/size] and UCLA quarterback [size=-1]Drew Olson[/size] will lead this year's field. Confirmed competitors also include: Alabama quarterback [size=-1]Brodie Croyle[/size], Maryland tight end [size=-1]Vernon Davis[/size], Miami wide receiver [size=-1]Sinorice Moss[/size], Minnesota running back [size=-1]Laurence Maroney[/size], Clemson quarterback [size=-1]Charlie Whitehurst[/size] and Memphis running back [size=-1]DeAngelo Williams[/size]. Moss' brother, Redskins receiver Santana Moss, was a participant in the 2001 College Football All-Star Challenge. It is the first time a sibling of a former competitor has entered the contest.

There will be three divisions of competitors: quarterbacks, receivers/running backs and kickers. The kicking competition is new to this year's event. Stephen Gostkowski of Memphis, Connor Hughes of Virginia, Josh Huston of Ohio State and David Pino of Texas are the inaugural field. Additional competitors will be announced soon

Back
Top Bottom