Merged: CJ Anderson Super Thread- Offer sheet decision today | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CJ Anderson Super Thread- Offer sheet decision today

I would have thought we would target Hillman cause he's more of a speed back like Lamar Miller was with ajayi being the bigger power back. Haven't heard us connected to Hillman at all. I think Denver matches for CJ unless we overpay which I hope is not the gase (see what I did there)

I wish he was a bit more dependable injury-wise though.

I still like Powell. Sleeper FA

I'm still so bummed from losing Miller I don't like anyone and I just feel like pitching a tantrum.... CJ Anderson is stupid!

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 1m1 minute ago
Michael Silver Retweeted Benjamin Weiss
If I were Gase, I wouldn't let him leave. (And Gase is more aggressive than I am.)

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Really like this RB...I want to see the offer sheet before commenting. He had some money runs for Denver.

I'm fine with CJ, whatever vet we bring in Should really just be buying time for Ajayi anyway.

Funny how CJ Anderson is not good but he torched us for 200 and has played well against every good team in the conference. I'll take him over Lamar's risky contract.

Hate having to wait 5 days on Denver. Unless he's our clear cut #1 target at RB and there's no close #2 who's an UFA then I would prefer to not sign a RFA.

He just has to stay in one piece. Availability is an ability...didn't Parcells say that.

I think there is little drop off with Anderson from Miller.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Hate having to wait 5 days on Denver. Unless he's our clear cut #1 target at RB and there's no close #2 who's an UFA then I would prefer to not sign a RFA.

There will be plenty of RB's that are there weeks from now. Remember Moreno was signed about 10 to 14 days into FA.

KUSA - C.J. Anderson is in Miami visiting the Dolphins.

Anderson wound up in Miami after an intense, multiple-team bidding war Wednesday left the Denver Broncos’ running back sitting at the San Francisco Airport from 3 p.m. mountain time until 11:30 p.m., when the Dolphins emerged with this sweetest opportunity and arranged for a red-eye flight to Miami.

When Anderson, a restricted free agent, arrived at the San Francisco airport Wednesday afternoon, he was scheduled to fly to Chicago for a visit with John Fox and the Bears.

Before he boarded his flight, though, the Dolphins called and Anderson was told to not get on the plane headed for Chicago until further notice.

Throughout the day and night, Anderson’s agent Peter Schaffer fielded calls from multiple teams. As Anderson hung out at the airport.

The Dolphins won round one in the Anderson derby late Wednesday night.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/cj-anderson-visit-miami-dolphins/76111659

He just has to stay in one piece. Availability is an ability...didn't Parcells say that.

I think there is little drop off with Anderson from Miller.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

There will be plenty of RB's that are there weeks from now. Remember Moreno was signed about 10 to 14 days into FA.

No doubt there will be guys available. But if Anderson is option 1a for Miami and another guy is option 1b and he's an UFA then I'd prefer to go with option b. Now if they consider Anderson to be head and shoulders better for us than anyone else still out there then so be it sign the offer sheet. I just hope we don't have to overpay to get Denver to not match it.

C.J. Anderson's airport odyssey ends with visit with Miami Dolphins

Anderson wound up in Miami after an intense, multiple-team bidding war Wednesday left the Denver Broncos’ running back sitting at the San Francisco Airport from 3 p.m. mountain time until 11:30 p.m., when the Dolphins emerged with the sweetest opportunity and arranged for a red-eye flight to Miami.

When Anderson, a restricted free agent, arrived at the San Francisco airport Wednesday afternoon, he was scheduled to fly to Chicago for a visit with John Fox and the Bears.

Before he boarded his flight, though, the Dolphins called and Anderson was told to not get on the plane headed for Chicago until further notice.

Throughout the day and night, Anderson’s agent Peter Schaffer fielded calls from multiple teams. As Anderson hung out at the airport.

The Dolphins won round one in the Anderson derby late Wednesday night.

The expectation is Anderson will sign an offer sheet with the Dolphins later today. The offer sheet will include contract terms. That offer sheet will then be sent to the Broncos – hopefully not via fax! – who will then have five days to match the Dolphins’ offer.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/cj-anderson-visit-miami-dolphins/76111659

Pretty cool story

While I would say Denver could play us and just match whatever we offer, they are in purge mode with salaries, so I think if we can get Anderson for the money Forte got or less, then he'd be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom