Merged: CJ Anderson Super Thread- Offer sheet decision today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CJ Anderson Super Thread- Offer sheet decision today

C.J. Anderson's airport odyssey ends with visit with Miami Dolphins

Anderson wound up in Miami after an intense, multiple-team bidding war Wednesday left the Denver Broncos’ running back sitting at the San Francisco Airport from 3 p.m. mountain time until 11:30 p.m., when the Dolphins emerged with the sweetest opportunity and arranged for a red-eye flight to Miami.

When Anderson, a restricted free agent, arrived at the San Francisco airport Wednesday afternoon, he was scheduled to fly to Chicago for a visit with John Fox and the Bears.

Before he boarded his flight, though, the Dolphins called and Anderson was told to not get on the plane headed for Chicago until further notice.

Throughout the day and night, Anderson’s agent Peter Schaffer fielded calls from multiple teams. As Anderson hung out at the airport.

The Dolphins won round one in the Anderson derby late Wednesday night.

The expectation is Anderson will sign an offer sheet with the Dolphins later today. The offer sheet will include contract terms. That offer sheet will then be sent to the Broncos – hopefully not via fax! – who will then have five days to match the Dolphins’ offer.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/cj-anderson-visit-miami-dolphins/76111659

Pretty cool story

curious what his numbers will be compared to what miller got if he signs an offer sheet

I feel better about rolling with Anderson / Ajayi than I do Ajayi + draft pick / unknown FA.

Tannehill needs help this year, this is his last real audition to be Miami's franchise QB. FO should do him justice and give him a RB he can count on.

9 News Denver's Mike Klis reports restricted free agent C.J. Anderson was about to board a flight to Chicago to visit the Bears before jumping on a plane to visit the Dolphins on Thursday.

Anderson received the call from Miami while he was at the airport, and got a new flight. Klis fully expects the Dolphins to sign Anderson to an offer sheet, giving the Broncos five days to match. Klis says there are four teams "bidding" on Anderson -- the Dolphins, 49ers, Patriots, and Bears.

Related: Bears, Dolphins, Patriots, 49ers

Source: 9 News Denver

If expect us to offer his a decent contract

So we've signed CJ to an offer sheet, $4-$5 m range. Cheaper than Miller...

Andy Simancas ‏@asimanca 5m5 minutes ago Hialeah, FL
#Dolphins will offer C.J Anderson from the $4M to 5M dollar range.@247miami

And so what? Have a price and make an offer.

Worse case scenario there's going to be egg on the face again when we sit around for 5 days and then find out Denver keeps him and we then have to pick through leftovers and/or plan on drafting.

Worse case scenario there's going to be egg on the face again when we sit around for 5 days and then find out Denver keeps him and we then have to pick through leftovers and/or plan on drafting.

That's how this is played. We make an offer they match it or not. Only fans like you are embarrassed.

I'd rather it be like that than be like the browns and not even try to sign anyone

So we've signed CJ to an offer sheet, $4-$5 m range. Cheaper than Miller...

Andy Simancas ‏@asimanca 5m5 minutes ago Hialeah, FL
#Dolphins will offer C.J Anderson from the $4M to 5M dollar range.@247miami

I like this if it sticks, concerned DEN will bid this higher and want to see Powell brought in if CJ asking price goes over $5m.

Was watching CJ's 2015 highlights - didn't realize how effective he was in the short passing game, the play against the Raiders was BOSS, broken tackles, great cuts speed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su0chPAVAsk

I like this signing as Ajayi develops.

I'm cool with 5m/yr on a 4 year deal for CJ. Not too bad, guarantee about half of it, and front load it so Denver is pretty much guaranteed to not match it.

Back
Top Bottom