Merged: Cold Pizza/Saban to bring in veteran QB | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Cold Pizza/Saban to bring in veteran QB

dominizzo said:
look Mueller knows alot about Brooks so i think hes the next signal caller

That could flip the other way too. Muller knows all about Brooks and he won't be the next signal caller.
What if Muller feels that Brooks wasn't what he thought or didn't live up to his expectations.
That's possible too. Everyone wants to connect the dots but sometimes some of the dots were mistakes.

Just a thought.

scary, scary thought, but it could be.....Tommy Maddox, because of all the praise he's given MM, and he IS a veteran...

Well after what Nopony said about McNair, I'd like to see him come in even more, now. You get the false perception he is injury prone, I guess because of all the nagging injuries a couple years ago when the media was really playing up his toughness. He is tough it's true, but by blowing it up a bit, the media makes us think McNair = hurt all the time but managing to get through it. Well, if he plays well through it for 14 games a year, that's pretty good for a team that has Gus as the other option.

I think it'll be McCown, McNair, or as Finheaven reported we were interested in, Chris Simms. Pat Ramsey would be a decent person to look at.

If we get ANY of these people without a young QB from the draft to groom, then I wont be happy. I'd like to have the opportunity to at least try to nab a late round QB.

a lot of your guys' suggestions look and sound really good, I just really hope it isn't Maddox, like I said earlier...but my fear is that he is giving MM a lot of credit and that might just make Saban and MM look at him

ok seeing as saban wants to bring in a vet qb does that mean we still wont take a shot a drafting Cutler?

Dolfan99847 said:
ok seeing as saban wants to bring in a vet qb does that mean we still wont take a shot a drafting Cutler?

If Cutler is there when we pick I think we will take him but I don't think he gets past Arizona

I don't think it means that neccessarily.

Either way we need a Vet to start that isn't a liability and we need youth to groom.

The exception will be if we target a YOUNG vet for the future... Carr for instance, or Rivers, or if they really believe Brooks can do it.

If they invest in a young vet, then I think they don't pursue Cutler.

SCall13 said:
It's possible. There won't be many veteran QBs to choose from. May as well throw Couch in there as a possibility.

couch might work! Its not like he had great/or good talent to work with. tell you one thing he is a hell of alot younger than gus. That means more durable..

I almost think we have the "youth" to groom in Lemon(people who think that Lemon is just a filler spot, please don't get mad) this is just my opinion and P.O.V. of things but who really knows

Just say no to Tim Couch, the dude is washed up and I doubt you'll see him suiting up in Miami next season, I can't believe some would rather have him than Aaron Brooks, who isn't that bad I might add, if you take some time and look at the numbers.

Is this still just RUMOR?

Has Saban or Gus responded anywhere to add credibility to this thread???

My physical therapist is a big time brown fan. He basically stated that couch wasnt that really bad its just that the whole team sucked and he had nobody to work with. As for brooks, he sucks. Hes been in the league alot longer than brooks and brooks doesnt impress me one bit. At least brooks had people to work with and a running game.

I would rather take my chances with couch. He isnt done..

Thats coming from a brown fan..

Dont get me wrong, I would rather have gus as of right now but if we are going after a vet qb, I would rather have Mcnair which I dont think he will be available or couch if someone good cant be found..

I hope we get Brooks.. I hope he proves all you haters wrong too... Kid has potential, some of you dont want to hear it, if ESPN is talking about Mueller wanting him in MIA then he AND SABAN must see something in him....

Back
Top Bottom