Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wow, outta nowhere suddenly the phins are talking about a deal for culpepper. That is pretty nuts. I would wholeheartedly prefer Brees!
Still, Im not certain that us talking to them necessarily means they are serious talks. For all we know we could say something like "Yeah, we'll take him if you pay his entire salary" or something crazy that the Vikings will just laugh at.

I dont think there is any need to worry about Brees going to Minny. From what I've heard they are pretty happy with Brad Johnson and would be fine with him as their starter. If anything, I would see them picking up a younger guy in the draft and sticking with Johnson for a couple more years or so,

is it me or is Oakland known for taking old washed up players/trouble makers? Id love Daunte tho but still...oakland seems to od that often

The bad thing for us is if he is traded to oakland, Minnesota will throw a huge amount of money at Brees. That would be the only reason they would trade culpepper now.

My gut tells me Oakland. He is EXACTLY what Al Davis wants over there. Very strong arm, a veteran. Perfect.

I wish we'd get him, honestly. I really do. But, it's not in the cards for us. He'd pick us over Oakland as a FA, but in a trade war, Oakland wins because they want him worse than we do.

I just don't get the No Brees!/Get Daunte! people OR the No Daunte!/Get Brees! people.

We would be so lucky to have either of those guys behind center next year that I will do back flips if we land either.

We are getting greedy. Don't forget we might end up with Gus. I would be happy with either one. A month ago we were talking about Aaron Brooks.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Pick the Dolphins Daunte!

Lets hope Saban picks Daunte over Brees
Why would you want a QB who probably couldn't even play until week 8 or 9? That pretty much makes him useless for next season.

my reasoning is save the 4 draft picks we have and invest in brees instead.

culpepper was horribel last year before he got hurt. i think he is on the way down.

Becks7 said:
on espn news that Culpepper will be traded within the next 24 hours to either the Raiders or Dolphins. He thought mostly likely to Oakland.

This does not bode well for the Brees Phin fans.... Minny could be positioning themselves to the front of the race to get him. Since they have big $$$ to spend, this might be a short race.

Did Culpepper and Moss have a strong enough relationship to want to reconnect. Perhaps Culpepper truly was successful b/c of Moss and that would be the best bet for him.

but if Oakland does land Culpepper, we BETTER get Brees, b/c then we will once again be left with no choice but to reach for a QB who has shown some potential but not much else (Ramsey/McCown). Or take the long route and draft a QB and groom him (Croyle) while good ol' Gus airs it out for another season.

Let me ask you guys this since their is little support around these boards for landing Culpepper, who would you rather have if both Culpepper and Brees were without their respected injuries from last season??

I'm not sure I like Culpepper's attitude. Brees seems like more of a "team" guy to me.

Back
Top Bottom