Merged: David Carr | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

Don't get me wrong, I like Ricky as much as the next guy. But the fact remains he's one toke away from a year suspension. I think his market value would be a 3rd rounder at best. If the Texans were to offer Carr for a 3rd I think there would be a lot of teams interested. It seems like a fair trade and one that would benefit both teams.

It's all in good fun. It's going to be a long offseason and this speculation is all we have until late April. :D

best move for the texans is to trade down to the middle of the top 10 and get offensive lineman there + picks.

davis and that other guy that played in last game are two capable backs for them. plus davis signed a 21 million dollar extension with the texans. i dont see them dumping more money into a RB when that isn't their problem.

death7star said:
best move for the texans is to trade down to the middle of the top 10 and get offensive lineman there + picks.

We both agree there, but the Texans should've been upgrading their OLine now for a long time. Who knows what they're going to do...

Why is everyone so quick to get rid of Ricky? Doesn't anyone realize his value to us is more than any value that he'd bring in a trade?

Der Philth said:
What do you guys think? It's a longshot for sure. I'm sure the Texan's fans would be frothing at the mouth to have two former UT superstars in their backfield. Carr is a talented young QB that could be the guy we're looking for.

Opinions?

:confused:
I think your crystal ball is filled with a cloud of crack smoke.:shakeno:

death7star said:

davis and that other guy that played in last game are two capable backs for them. plus davis signed a 21 million dollar extension with the texans. i dont see them dumping more money into a RB when that isn't their problem.

That's why I could see them trading down to about the #3 spot and selecting Ferguson and getting extra picks to hoot.

Pass....

No way would I consider trading Ricky for Carr. Maybe for Carr + Texans 2007 1st round pick, but nothing less....

PHINZ RULE!!!

wifinfan said:
Vince will be a Longhorn for 1 more year.

Nope. Ain't happening. Young will realize that he could lose money by not coming out this year. Look what has happened to Leinart. He might not go in the top 3 after being the #1 consensus last year. Young will be gone before the #4 pick.

stop eating paint chips

Ricky only has value to this team no other team in this league will give more than a 4th for him.
  • ricky is one toke away from a suspension
  • ricky is a quitter
  • ricky will have an emotional breakdown if put into an unfamiliar situation
  • ricky is on the downside of his late 20s
  • runningbacks are a dime a dozen right now
  • houston already has a good runningback
i promise you that several teams would give up a high 2nd for car.
because he is young and strong and needs some good coaching

No way. Maybe if Ditka offers all his draft choices for Ricky.

Dont get me wrong, I see the value of Ricky, on your team. HOWEVER, his value to a different team is waay down. In other words, his value isnt as high as some people think.

If the trade was simply as Ricky for David Carr. IMHO, I would pull that trigger IN A HEARTBEAT! Thats if the Texans will actually entertain that thought. Also, take into consideration the PR nightmare that a team would get from its media by bringing in Ricky, on top of that, trading a #1 pick QB who's been somewhat ok when protected OVER someone who was busted last year and left the game. But obviously there are other stipulations...

Ricky staying with the fins = HIGH VALUE
Ricky as trade bait to another NFL team = Not as high as you wuold think.

I understand there are still the Ricky fans, but you have a workhorse behind him, take the reigns off and let Ronnie run FULL TIME. Get a decent back up in free agency and or the draft and your're set. There are no teams in the NFL thats going to be willing to give more than a 3rd rd. for Ricky (IMHO), and a 3rd is a stretch. Dont get me wrong, I know his talents and his capabilities, but he is one "bad move" away from suspension. Thats no excuse by any means, peple do change, but ITS A GAMBLE THAT A LOT OF TEAMS IN THE NFL WONT MAKE.

fishfan34 said:
Why is everyone so quick to get rid of Ricky? Doesn't anyone realize his value to us is more than any value that he'd bring in a trade?
I tend to agree with you. Everyone sees a solid RB and thinks we can trade him to solve our QB problems.

I still bet his is a Dolphin next year. UNLESS, someone really goes over board in their offer. Meaning a 1st round pick or multiple picks starting with a 2nd rounder. That being said, I really don't see any team parting with that much (I mean Spielman doesn't have a new GM job, does he?).

vince young will get drafted by the saints. no way in hell the texans pass up on the best player in college football. I'm not going to take anything away from Vince Young because he played amazing. The guy has some serious talent. But with that, you all can't forget about Reggie. R.B. put up the #'s, stats, and broke records all year long. He didnt have a normal reggie day last night but he still had good stats, 90 yrd rushing with a TD... almost 100 yards receiving... and some return yards.

Reggie Bush - Texans
Vince Young - New Orleans

Dude, the Texans do NOT need a runningback.. why does everyone think this

Back
Top Bottom