Merged: David Carr | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

death7star said:
best move for the texans is to trade down to the middle of the top 10 and get offensive lineman there + picks.

davis and that other guy that played in last game are two capable backs for them. plus davis signed a 21 million dollar extension with the texans. i dont see them dumping more money into a RB when that isn't their problem.

Did someone just make a legitimate statement on this thread? WOW.... bravo...

DolfanTom said:
True, they don't need a RB, which would probably kill this trade anyways, but you can't tell me they wouldn't rather have VY over Carr at this point?

I am completely 100% sold on VY after last night. I used to think his release was quirky and would need to be fixed, but you know what? That's what gives him a very quick release - plus he's tall, so he's less at risk to have his sidearm passes knocked down then a shorter QB would. He probably picked it up when he was 8 on a bad pee-wee team with a bad o-line or something. It doesn't seem to bother him, so what the hey!

Actually, I agree with much of what you are saying. With their OL woes, a QB with good mobility could do wonders in a place like Houston. That would allow them some moderate success without needing the most talented OL out there. Whether or not they would consider a trade for Ricky, I couldn't say, but don't be surprised if the Texans take Young with the first pick.

I know everyone wants to retain Ricky, as do I, but Saban through the door wide open for a potential trade the other day. The question to everyone is, what do we do at QB? Draft a rookie, and hope to win in 3-5 years? Do we hold on to Ricky so we can do just well enough to keep us from signing a top QB prospect year after year? Do we land a free agent journeyman who is a castoff (like Gus) and hope for a miraculous turnaround in Miami? Do we hunt for a current starter who could succeed in a different environment and would come at a reasonable price/trade? I don't know what to do, but if keeping Ricky stops us from bettering our QB position for the next few years, I don't want him around.

Shamboubou said:
David Carr has played almost his whole NFL career behind a line like we had last year. I dont think you can judge a player behind a line that sets NFL records in sacks given up. I think with Carr behind our O-Line he would feel like he has all day long to throw the ball.
REmember how he played against us in the '03 opener. Pretty darn well!

Give him a solid running game, decent-to-great receivers, an average-to-good (with upgrades) o-line and a defense that will give him the ball and he could flourish!

ether79 said:
Just for arguements sake. It would take MUCH more than Ricky and the 16th pick to move up to number 1. A whole lot more.

Yes. I think the problem here is that Ricky is more valuable to us than to anyone else. I'd like a trade but I don't think we'd get good value and Saban won't drop him for less. I think he's a Fin for another year unless someone's really interested. Not so bad. He's cheap!

Der Philth said:
We both agree there, but the Texans should've been upgrading their OLine now for a long time. Who knows what they're going to do...

It all depends on who the coach of the Houston Texans is going to be. My crystal ball says that If Dan Reeves becomes head coach,chances are high that he will probably draft Vince Young. If anyone remembers he took Mike Vick #1 overall 2 years before he got canned in Atlanta. He already has a rusher in Davis and with some O-line work Via the draft and FA the Texans might be a decent team next year.

opinion? That's just stupid. Trading a pro bowl running back for a failing unproven QB prospect.

Does the name Feeley mean anything?

you can all be glad im not the GM then because if the Texans did entertain that trade Ricky would be gone.

Just Carr would make me incredibly happy, but the truth of the matter is if we get Carr let's reward the poor ******* by making the best OL possible. Switch Carey to LT where he's best, draft Whitworth in the 2nd or McNeil in the 1st and put them at RT, sign Fonoti and him play RG. With that line and Ronnie Brown's blocking Carr can sleep like....Ummmmm.... Before he became a Houston Texan...

Carr Staying In Texas

Texans | Carr to stick around
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:44:47 -0800

ESPN reports the Houston Texans plan to pick up the $8 million bonus on QB David Carr's contract, keeping him under contract with the team through the 2008 season.

They need some serious help on the o-line. I think Carr would be good if he wasn't constantly getting pounded into the turf.

i would love to get carr even if it is unlikely. he would fit great and with time to throw the ball....wow

Back
Top Bottom