Merged: David Carr | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

Sofa_King_Drunk said:
They need some serious help on the o-line. I think Carr would be good if he wasn't constantly getting pounded into the turf.

i think they trade down to middle top 10 and get picks + top LT.

I wonder why they make that decision without having hired a coach

death7star said:
i think they trade down to middle top 10 and get picks + top LT.

I mostly think they drop 2-3 spots and select D-brick

That's ridiculous. Wait till they have a coach then believe that...

Shame..

Oh well, with the Chargers situation there (Brees injured, questionable in 2006) and now Carr being locked up, it's down to Patrick Ramsey or a long-shot at prying Volek away from the Titans (if they go QB in the first round). Darkhorse candidates could be busts Kyle Boller and Joey Harrington.

I just know I don't want to go through another season treading water with an aging (10+ seasons) veteran starter while we wait for the 'stars to align' and get our franchise signal-caller.

duss12 said:
I wonder why they make that decision without having hired a coach

They're paying Dan Reeves $1,000,000 to be a consultant. Obviously he's given his endorsement to Carr, and the owner has made the decision that the next coach will have David Carr as his QB.

Dan Reeves may be the next coach anyway. Nothing is final for now anyway, it's just early January.

Jaj said:
That's ridiculous. Wait till they have a coach then believe that...

It's a GM's decision. They didn't fire the GM even though he should have been.

Besides it was a no brainer decision. Only the delusional who were hoping Miami would pick him up would do so.

They need a coach though that can fix their O-Line and work more to his strengths.

Well you can't convince Carr to stay if they do in fact draft Vince Young.

Amazing that Carr would actually stay in Houston... This guy has seen more helmets than the opposing team's equipment manager. He has been sacked unmercifully for years down there... Yet he has not complained or been injured (missed 4 games in 4 years!!!)... This guy is 'Brett Favre' tough and has some skills... He has NFL experience and is all of 26 years old... Give him some protection, a running game, maybe some hands to throw to and see what he can do... He has been trying to make plays from on his back in Houston... You want a young QB to step in right away... He is your man... You had to know Houston would pick up the option rather than lose him to Free Agency...

I also think texans move down on draft day getting another couple picks and then nab some O-Line help... Too much money in Davis to draft Bush... They dont want to pick a Vince Young or Leinert and go through the same 4 year learning period they have with Carr... They need Ferguson.

Fish-Head said:
Amazing that Carr would actually stay in Houston... This guy has seen more helmets than the opposing team's equipment manager. He has been sacked unmercifully for years down there... Yet he has not complained or been injured (missed 4 games in 4 years!!!)... This guy is 'Brett Favre' tough and has some skills... He has NFL experience and is all of 26 years old... Give him some protection, a running game, maybe some hands to throw to and see what he can do... He has been trying to make plays from on his back in Houston... You want a young QB to step in right away... He is your man... You had to know Houston would pick up the option rather than lose him to Free Agency...

I also think texans move down on draft day getting another couple picks and then nab some O-Line help... Too much money in Davis to draft Bush... They dont want to pick a Vince Young or Leinert and go through the same 4 year learning period they have with Carr... They need Ferguson.

good post. it was the team's option and not carr's btw.

they will move down and get OL line help.

wow that number 1 they have right now is very valuable.

death7star said:
:confused:

He won't stay if they draft Young no way...

He's no stopgap measure.

Back
Top Bottom