Merged: David Carr | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

L.T.21 said:
.I understand there are still the Ricky fans, but you have a workhorse behind him, take the reigns off and let Ronnie run FULL TIME. Get a decent back up in free agency and or the draft and your're set.

Big risk in doing so. One significant injury, and we're facing a huge downgrade at the position. Besides, Ricky is the superior RB here, not Brown. Not to mention he's playing for peanuts. Bottom Line : Ricky / Ronnie is the best RB combo in the NFL. What kind of HC would risk losing that???...

There are no teams in the NFL thats going to be willing to give more than a 3rd rd. for Ricky (IMHO), and a 3rd is a stretch.

GREAT!!!! Our gain, their loss....

Dont get me wrong, I know his talents and his capabilities, but he is one "bad move" away from suspension.

Yeah, and who isn't???.....That's a pretty general statement you made, and the NFL rules apply to ALL NFL PLAYERS, not just Ricky or the ones who have a poor track records...

Thats no excuse by any means, people do change, but ITS A GAMBLE THAT A LOT OF TEAMS IN THE NFL WONT MAKE.

There are many gambles in the NFL, that doesn't prevent teams from taking chances on those "high risk" players however. If you8 don't take the risk, you'll never knwo what may have been...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

TexasFinFan said:
Dude, the Texans do NOT need a runningback.. why does everyone think this
exactly, the Texans don't need a RB or QB. they have good players at both spots. what they need is an o-line. they would be best served trading down 5 spots and drafting D'Brickashaw Ferguson

of course I hope the Texans go after a QB so we can get Carr from them

Sauceman said:
You want to trade Ricky Williams for David Carr? Are you insane?
So that would be a No, eh?

I would do this if we got at least a 3rd round pick back in return. I love Ricky and want him to stay, but I think David Carr is going to be a star for his second team.

That said, if the Texans go for VY, they would probably simply cut Carr prior to 3/1 to save the $8 million bonus he's owed. And if Carr knows this, why on earth would he renegotiate before 3/1 to be traded when he knows he would become an UFA if he was cut. I'm guessing he would rather be an UFA then to renegotiate and be traded.

I'm hoping for this, as then we could just sign him outright. It won't be cheap, but it would be cheaper than a trade!

do you understand that a RB has to get in a rhythm and when a RB does get in rhythm they put up great stats that are better than the ones Ronnie and Ricky get us when splitting carries. ex. Ricky carried the ball full time the last two weeks and gained 280 yards with 2 TDs and look at what Larry Johnson is doing now that he carries the ball full time

that is why I think we need to trade Ricky and give Ronnie the ball full time. Ronnie has just as much if not more talent than Ricky has and if he got in a rhythm he would put up big numbers. Ronnie is too big to get injuried easily and Morris is a good back-up RB who can spell Ronnie when he needs to. If we can get a 3rd or better for Ricky than we better take it

nick1 said:
exactly, the Texans don't need a RB or QB. they have good players at both spots. what they need is an o-line. they would be best served trading down 5 spots and drafting D'Brickashaw Ferguson

True, they don't need a RB, which would probably kill this trade anyways, but you can't tell me they wouldn't rather have VY over Carr at this point?

I am completely 100% sold on VY after last night. I used to think his release was quirky and would need to be fixed, but you know what? That's what gives him a very quick release - plus he's tall, so he's less at risk to have his sidearm passes knocked down then a shorter QB would. He probably picked it up when he was 8 on a bad pee-wee team with a bad o-line or something. It doesn't seem to bother him, so what the hey!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Big risk in doing so. One significant injury, and we're facing a huge downgrade at the position. Besides, Ricky is the superior RB here, not Brown. Not to mention he's playing for peanuts. Bottom Line : Ricky / Ronnie is the best RB combo in the NFL. What kind of HC would risk losing that???..

Yeah, and who isn't???.....That's a pretty general statement you made, and the NFL rules apply to ALL NFL PLAYERS, not just Ricky or the ones who have a poor track records...

There are many gambles in the NFL, that doesn't prevent teams from taking chances on those "high risk" players however. If you8 don't take the risk, you'll never knwo what may have been...
PHINZ RULE!!!!

Ricky is the superior RB here, not Brown.

Time has yet to tell that. But as said, RW is a BIG question mark. Let me ask you this, if he didnt owe $$$ do you really think he would come back to play football?

I can name who's not a big risk, J.Taylor, Z.Thomas, Lorenzo Neal, etc... Now, that is a general statement. True, but with RICKY's TRACK record, NFL teams would rather shy away from it. And typically in the NFL, well at least now, drug abuse thats consistent with a specific player, they would stay away from. One strike ok slap in hand, 2 strikes, well there's a problem, how many times has RW been given a "oh he'll change."

Of course there are lots of gambles in the NFL, however, if your team can get a David Carr in replacement of a big question mark, then you do it. David Carr is not that bad of a QB, you have RB in thebackfield, let him run.

Never debated that, thats what I said in my post. I was making a point that his TRADE value is not as high as some people think.

I personally think it would be FOOLISH not to consider trading Ricky if a team is willing to trade a player with the caliber of David Carr...andI hate David Carr. LOL.

DolfanTom said:
So that would be a No, eh?

I would do this if we got at least a 3rd round pick back in return. I love Ricky and want him to stay, but I think David Carr is going to be a star for his second team.

That said, if the Texans go for VY, they would probably simply cut Carr prior to 3/1 to save the $8 million bonus he's owed. And if Carr knows this, why on earth would he renegotiate before 3/1 to be traded when he knows he would become an UFA if he was cut. I'm guessing he would rather be an UFA then to renegotiate and be traded.

I'm hoping for this, as then we could just sign him outright. It won't be cheap, but it would be cheaper than a trade!
and we have plenty of money to spend, how to better use it but on the most important position on the team and the player who would make us a playoff maybe SB team

DolfanTom said:
True, they don't need a RB, which would probably kill this trade anyways, but you can't tell me they wouldn't rather have VY over Carr at this point?

I am completely 100% sold on VY after last night. I used to think his release was quirky and would need to be fixed, but you know what? That's what gives him a very quick release - plus he's tall, so he's less at risk to have his sidearm passes knocked down then a shorter QB would. He probably picked it up when he was 8 on a bad pee-wee team with a bad o-line or something. It doesn't seem to bother him, so what the hey!
Young is gonna be a heck of a player, too bad Miami can't get him

nick1 said:
and we have plenty of money to spend, how to better use it but on the most important position on the team and the player who would make us a playoff maybe SB team
I would like to think that Randy and Nick would make it a priority to sign Carr if he became an UFA. He'd most likely be an instant upgrade and he wouldn't have the learning curve of a draft pick. Plus, we could keep Gus in two as a B/U who would be more than capable of winning a game or two for us if need be.

Then, we could use our #1 on just about anything ....

:shakeno: to David Carr... guy hasnt proved a thing in the NFL. Yea he's team overall is horrible but he just doesnt seem to show any signs of potential. And straight up for Ricky. First off, no way do the Texans do that and 2ndly, why get rid of Ricky. R&R is a great duo and R.W. really doesnt cost us anything.

Predaphin said:
Carr to Miami for Ricky????

can you say RIPPPPPPP OFFFF!!!!

QB still has more relative value than RB in this league. Carr is a talented guy and he's young. @ years ago he was a budding star until his O-line broke down.
Bottom line is that this team needs a QB. If that offer presented itself I would take it in a heartbeat.

DolfanTom said:
I would like to think that Randy and Nick would make it a priority to sign Carr if he became an UFA. He'd most likely be an instant upgrade and he wouldn't have the learning curve of a draft pick. Plus, we could keep Gus in two as a B/U who would be more than capable of winning a game or two for us if need be.

Then, we could use our #1 on just about anything ....
on Michael Huff, he is a star at a position we need help at

that is exactly what I want to happen, I hope we get David Carr, Julian Peterson and Steve Hutchinson. we could than pick Michael Huff and than go BPA the whole draft

Bellson said:
:shakeno: to David Carr... guy hasnt proved a thing in the NFL. Yea he's team overall is horrible but he just doesnt seem to show any signs of potential. And straight up for Ricky. First off, no way do the Texans do that and 2ndly, why get rid of Ricky. R&R is a great duo and R.W. really doesnt cost us anything.
this is why

do you understand that a RB has to get in a rhythm and when a RB does get in rhythm they put up great stats that are better than the ones Ronnie and Ricky get us when splitting carries. ex. Ricky carried the ball full time the last two weeks and gained 280 yards with 2 TDs and look at what Larry Johnson is doing now that he carries the ball full time

that is why I think we need to trade Ricky and give Ronnie the ball full time. Ronnie has just as much if not more talent than Ricky has and if he got in a rhythm he would put up big numbers. Ronnie is too big to get injuried easily and Morris is a good back-up RB who can spell Ronnie when he needs to. If we can get a 3rd or better for Ricky than we better take it

Bellson said:

David Carr has played almost his whole NFL career behind a line like we had last year. I dont think you can judge a player behind a line that sets NFL records in sacks given up. I think with Carr behind our O-Line he would feel like he has all day long to throw the ball.

Back
Top Bottom