Merged: Denver swaps with Cincy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Denver swaps with Cincy

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
Broncos and Bengals swap #1 picks

I dont think that the Broncos need Ol help so this may not effect us. They could be angling however, for a WR or a DT, both of which are potential targets for the Phins.

http://www.bengals.com/

In one fell swoop Friday, the Bengals got a Pro Bowl cornerback, picked up a fourth-round draft pick, and still remained in prime position in the first round of the NFL Draft. Late Thursday night, Cincinnati completed a trade with Denver in which they swapped first-round picks and the Broncos gave the Bengals cornerback Deltha O’Neal and a fourth-rounder to move up from No. 24 to No. 17 in the first round.

This makes me think that Marvin wasn't real excited with the prosepect of Gamble, meaning they are proably looking at DT or LB with the 24th pick.

oneal has been nothing short of awful, theyve been looking to give him away for quite some time now

I'm not sure that it'll matter to us but who knows.But I can see that moving down 7 spots only got them a 4th round pick so if we move down we should expect to get the same.

Ozzy rules!!

ya o'neil got moved to wide reciever last year and was....im not sure how to put it...worthless

It matters to us because that could have been one of our trade down partners....:(

Yeah seriously the Broncos have been trying to get rid of O'Neal and now they finally did it. They were considering moving him I think to safety or even to WR...if i read the reports right.

The Bengals need big time help at CB and O'Neal has needed a change of scenery for 2 years. The Broncos CLEARLY think they can get Mike Williams at that pick now, at least that's the way I see it.

That said, this trade hasn't been confirmed anywhere.

Now that I think about it, do you guys think Broncos traded down to steal one of the running back from either Pats or Cowboys. Maybe we have a possible trade with the Cowboys to get in front of the Pats to get the other 1st round runner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anywhere except the Bengals official site of course :)

It is good news.

Surely the broncos have moved ahead of New England and Dallas to ensure themselves of one of the RBs (Jones or Jackson).

Back
Top Bottom