Merged: Denver swaps with Cincy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Denver swaps with Cincy

I don't think Shanahan is capable of drafting a RB in the 1st round... Good move by the Broncos BTW.

@#(*&#@(*&# why can't we pull something like this?...oh yeah, we got david Boston. Never mind!

Originally posted by Boomer
The Bengals need big time help at CB and O'Neal has needed a change of scenery for 2 years. The Broncos CLEARLY think they can get Mike Williams at that pick now, at least that's the way I see it.

That said, this trade hasn't been confirmed anywhere.
So Simmon, does this affect us or not?btw, did you see that Roberto Baggio got his 200 goal mate?

Ozzy rules!!

Terrible move by Cincy. Dropping 7 picks for a mediocre CB and a 4th rounder.

I don't see Denver going for Jackson - that's just not their MO. Jones isn't value here.

I do however see them going for Shawn Andrews to pair at RT with George Foster at LT. Now that WOULD be a concern for Miami.

In the right system Detha might be someting special, he was a 1st rounder after all. Hes also a good kick returner so now the Bengals have a nice pair with him and Warrick.

Might not be that bad of a investment for the Bengals if they can still pick up a linebacker like Dansby or Williams with the Broncos pick.

I didn't see that Danny - still mourning Liverpool's loss to Arsenal this lunchtime.

I think if Denver do want Andrews then it affects us. Maybe also they want Randy Starks.

Gonzo - they really like Starks a hell of a lot and after the Daryl Gardner affair and losing Bert Berry at DE, their DL has taken a hit or 2. But it could well be Andrews.

I wouldn't overreact to this move. The Broncos need a WR and a RB, before they need anymore OLman IMO....

They already have one of the best OL's in the NFL, so I don't see them taking Andrews in the first. If they do, Shanahan should be fired on the spot IMO. He's totally ruined that team this off-season from what my perspective...

Even if they do take Andrews, he's not the only elephant in the jungle. We can still get a very solid RG regardless of what the Broncos do....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

I don't think Andrews fits their style of O lineman anways...they like the quick smaller guys who really explode off the ball fast...Andrews is more of a mauler type of O lineman who overpowers his defenders

Of course, they could also be looking for a LB. Taking a LB could screw over Minnesota. Who then in-turn decide to take OL....

Either way, 19 players will be gone by the time Miami picks. Take the best thats out there (Andrews, Starks, DJ,....). Its a good to not be locked into a certain position come draft day.

I don't really think this is the time to get worried about movement. We're going to see at least a couple more trades that have an impact if you ask me. Miami may even end up ahead of Denver or behind Cincy depending on how things work out. We'll see...

Huge, I agree with you, Andrews is not their type of OL. If they "reach" they may look for Smiley....he is more like the type they want, but that would probably get Shanahan fired on the spot, as was so elequently put earlier....They need WR and RB, and perhaps TE, but I don't think there is any TE that will be worth the 17 pick. (Kellen will be gone by then)...

That said, I still prefer Smiley for us over Andrews.....Guess I'll have to go for Grove if they pick Smiley....

Here's a thought:

What if the Broncos take Andrews, then they contact us (knowing he was a guy we coveted more than whoever is left) and suggest a trade involving their second rounders and our first. Something may have to be thrown in to balance the value depending on what the market looks like.

Why would the Broncos want to do this? They could get the RB they want and get Andrews if he's a guy the covet.

I would still love to have Denver's two second rounders instead of our first...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom