Merged: Denver swaps with Cincy | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Denver swaps with Cincy

Originally posted by cportis26
If it's for a RB, Denver doesn't do this trade 2 weeks in advance. They do it on draft day when the Bengals are on the clock. It tips their hand to Dal and NE and allows the other two to move ahead of Denver if they're targeting a RB too.

I can see it now.

Draft Day, the Bronco's are on the clock.

Shanahan(on phone with NE or Dallas): "Hey, yeah Mike here, listen, I was about to make a pick here, but decided to give you the option... lets say a third rounder and your first for this pick?"

I could see one of theese teams biting on that, and Denver turning a 4th rounder into a 3rd rounder and STILL moving up a couple of spots.:eek:

Denial?

Yes denial....

Some think Gold could be the second best linebacker in the league.

The 1.5 tackles per game difference adds up to 24 tackles in a year. It only takes one of the 24 for a touchdown. Throw on top of that the high percentage of SOLO tackles that Gold makes and realize there is a difference between "piling on" and making a tackle.

It's a funny thing about this league. "Gift" interceptions always seem to go to the same players year in and year out. Terrell Buckley has made a career of it.

Originally posted by ZOD

Some think Gold could be the second best linebacker in the league.

It's a funny thing about this league. "Gift" interceptions always seem to go to the same players year in and year out. Terrell Buckley has made a career of it.

You're really reaching if you're using that Chiefs article as proof of how good Gold is. Denver fans have been laughing at that since the day it came out. An article from a fan site about a guy they might possibly sign. 2nd best LB in the league behind Ray Lewis? Do you honestly believe that? It was debateable whether Ian was even the 2nd best LB on the Broncos. Those interceptions you talk about? Yeah that gives Ian a grand total of 2 for his career in 4 seasons. Not exactly a turnover machine.

But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I watch my team for 16 games and know a little bit more about their players, while you quote stats and use an article from a Chiefs website that at one point also said that Champ Bailey was almost certain to be a Chief because Lamar Hunt had given Carl Peterson permission to trade their 1st round pick.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Denver is moving up to get a defensive tackle. Probably Randy Starks. There are two positions that they want to come out of this draft with. The first is an impact defensive tackle. Daryl Gardener has been an extreme disappointment ever since he left Miami. They also would like to add another cornerback. With two second round picks, they will likely wait to add a corner, opting to take Starks with the 17th pick.

Cincinnati could look to take either a DT like Donnell Washington or a cornerback with the 24th pick. Chances are, it will be a cornerback they take at 24. Chris Gamble could be available at that point and is a natural fit for the Bengals.

This is exactly what I think is going to happen as well. Starks represents terriffic value at #17, and may still be on the board given the plethora of round one talent this year.

As for Cinci, I see them grabbing a DB and they probably havent locked in on any one player - therefore they decided to move down seven spots, accumulate extra picks, and take whichever top corner is still on the board.

Nice trade for both teams imo.

Do you honestly believe that?

Not really...

What I do believe is that Denver HAD one of the best linebacking cores in the league. Now they don't. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom