MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring

MDFINFAN said:
I think you point is valid, what the program tries to do is introduce owners to minorities that they might not otherwise get to know or know. Remember in your circles and if we're honest with outselves, more ppl hang around ppl of their same race, that's no different that NFL owners, so they don't know the minorities as well. Now that minorities might not be hire then, but he may have made an impression and that owner may pass his name to a friend or the next time a situation may come up, he may get a second look from that owner....i.e., what Miami is claiming with Muller. But if a minority never gets his foot in the door, how will his capabilities get known. You have to sometimes start small and hope to climb. A token interview today, may lead to a great opportunity tomorrow.

Tell that to Randy Shannon and Art Shell

I don't understand why african americans (on this messageboard) are so angry. They have their own name for christ's sake. They always want to stick together in gangs or living in the projects. They get special mortgage loans for moving into "white" neighborhoods. White people don't get a special benifit for moving into "black" neighborhoods. Black people want white people to let them in and diversify, but they don't want to do that for white people.

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
Tell that to Randy Shannon and Art Shell

Wasn't Art Shell the head coach of the Raiders? And he was interviewed for the Dolphins job.

TeeMoney said:
I don't understand why african americans are so angry. They have their own name for christ's sake. They always want to stick together in gangs or living in the projects. They get special mortgage loans for moving into "white" neighborhoods. White people don't get a special benifit for moving into "black" neighborhoods. Black people want white people to let them in and diversify, but they don't want to do that for white people.

My God Bro. Your ignorance/stereotyping is astounding.

What exactly is stereotypical in what I wrote?

TeeMoney said:
I don't understand why african americans are so angry. They have their own name for christ's sake. They always want to stick together in gangs or living in the projects. They get special mortgage loans for moving into "white" neighborhoods. White people don't get a special benifit for moving into "black" neighborhoods. Black people want white people to let them in and diversify, but they don't want to do that for white people.

TeeMoney, how old are you? I've haven't read something so..well so...soooo..okay, uninformed. First off, every American in this country has their own names in terms of ethnicity..whether it's Irish American, Latin American, Polish American, Jewish American, and so on. Only inner city young stick together in gangs, and then that's only a small percentage of them..but that's the same percentage of white gangs and latino gangs. Let me tell you about special mortage loans, it's called higher interest rates..and minorities have to have the same credit scores or higher to get the same loans as whites, but mostly at a higher interest rate. Go look this up, there's plenty of info out there on it. You see miniorities are look at as a higher risk to loan to, because they will be the first to let go in downsizing.. Neighborhoods are neighorhoods, I got no special attention for moving into a mixed or white neighorhood. Lastly, what have minorities ever stopped white people from doing besides continuing to discriminate? And that's only with mixed results on how well that's going.

TeeMoney said:

Mainly because we don't have anything to give. My parent have not gotten a damn thing for moving into a "white" neighborhood. And I believe that is an assumption that all black want to live together in the project or in gangs. For some there just are not any oppurtunities. Face, whites have much more and better opportunities than blacks. Hell, I live it everyday as I am a student at FSU. I have had police stop and ask me if I was on the right campus. I have even had a WHITE professor look me dead in my eyes and tell me they didn't expect too much from me because I was probably a beneficiary of affirmative action and probably shouldn't be here. The funny thing was I was the only "minority" in the classroom. Go figure. You want to know why blacks are so mad? REASON #1 right there. Needlesss to say I came out of a "white" high school in the top 10% and got an 'A' in the class. No apology to this day, the guy won't even acknowledge me.

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
And there are a lot places that I go that are the complete opposite. Blacks have to look for each other. No one else will and I sure as hell am not counting on you to do so.

this is the very attitude that fuels racism today.

MDFINFAN said:
TeeMoney, how old are you? I've haven't read something so..well so...soooo..okay, uninformed. First off, every American in this country has their own names in terms of ethnicity..whether it's Irish American, Latin American, Polish American, Jewish American, and so on. Only inner city young stick together in gangs, and then that's only a small percentage of them..but that's the same percentage of white gangs and latino gangs. Let me tell you about special mortage loans, it's called higher interest rates..and minorities have to have the same credit scores or higher to get the same loans as whites, but mostly at a higher interest rate. Go look this up, there's plenty of info out there on it. You see miniorities are look at as a higher risk to loan to, because they will be the first to let go in downsizing.. Neighborhoods are neighorhoods, I got no special attention for moving into a mixed or white neighorhood. Lastly, what have minorities ever stopped white people from doing besides continuing to discriminate? And that's only with mixed results on how well that's going.

Thank you for educating this guy a little.

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
Mainly because we don't have anything to give. My parent have not gotten a damn thing for moving into a "white" neighborhood. And I believe that is an assumption that all black want to live together in the project or in gangs. For some there just are not any oppurtunities. Face, whites have much more and better opportunities than blacks. Hell, I live it everyday as I am a student at FSU. I have had police stop and ask me if I was on the right campus. I have even had a WHITE professor look me dead in my eyes and tell me they didn't expect too much from me because I was probably a beneficiary of affirmative action and probably shouldn't be here. The funny thing was I was the only "minority" in the classroom. Go figure. You want to know why blacks are so mad? REASON #1 right there. Needlesss to say I came out of a "white" high school in the top 10% and got an 'A' in the class. No apology to this day, the guy won't even acknowledge me.
You should stop complaining too. Geez, I came to this country with nothing but $50 to my name. I even had to borrow the $ to fly here. In 2 years I owned my own home in a middle class neighborhood. No one gave it to me. I worked my butt off and lived the american dream in 2 years.

I suppose you lived here all your life. If a 1st genration immigrant like myself can make it, I don't care what other reasons (other than health) people have. I'm not white either and have gone through racism from ignorant people but didn't let their opinion of me get in the way of my dreams. I'm laughing now and they're still ignorant.

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
Yet again another racist comment from you. This is what me as a "minority" hates about people like you. You make it so easy for us to same something because you just mouth off and keep adding fuel to the fire. You are probably member of your local KKK, no?

and you a member of the black panthers, no? cut the bs and stop pulling that stupida$$ race card dude.

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
Man, please you know that it is true. History and current brushes with that history fuel racism today.
No it's not. No one looked after my back and til this day no one does other than family.

poppy said:
My God Bro. Your ignorance/stereotyping is astounding.

:lol: This is what I see coming from TeeMoney.

A) His comments are being made tongue in cheek and he's throwing out points to ponder. I've seen him play both sides of the fence here.

B) He failed **** stirring 101 miserably and should enroll in my friend Marino 83s school of "Verbal Acid For Dummies" to get caught up on how it's done.

Back
Top Bottom