MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring

Justasportsfan said:
No it's not. No one looked after my back and til this day no one does other than family.

And that's the society we live in today in a nutshell, good post Justa. But remember there are some advantages..

TeeMoney said:
I don't understand why african americans (on this messageboard) are so angry. They have their own name for christ's sake. They always want to stick together in gangs or living in the projects. They get special mortgage loans for moving into "white" neighborhoods. White people don't get a special benifit for moving into "black" neighborhoods. Black people want white people to let them in and diversify, but they don't want to do that for white people.

right on man.

TeeMoney said:
What exactly is stereotypical in what I wrote?

it was the fact that you gave a generalization. you are supposed to cater to "minorities" -- or else it will be misconstrued as racism. haven't you realized that by now?

MDFINFAN said:
And that's the society we live in today in a nutshell, good post Justa.
White , black, latino or asian, it doesn't matter you make your own dreams. Those who blame others rather than work to achieve their goals despite the challenges deserve to be where they are at.

MDFINFAN said:
TeeMoney, how old are you? I've haven't read something so..well so...soooo..okay, uninformed. First off, every American in this country has their own names in terms of ethnicity..whether it's Irish American, Latin American, Polish American, Jewish American, and so on. Only inner city young stick together in gangs, and then that's only a small percentage of them..but that's the same percentage of white gangs and latino gangs. Let me tell you about special mortage loans, it's called higher interest rates..and minorities have to have the same credit scores or higher to get the same loans as whites, but mostly at a higher interest rate. Go look this up, there's plenty of info out there on it. You see miniorities are look at as a higher risk to loan to, because they will be the first to let go in downsizing.. Neighborhoods are neighorhoods, I got no special attention for moving into a mixed or white neighorhood. Lastly, what have minorities ever stopped white people from doing besides continuing to discriminate? And that's only with mixed results on how well that's going.

and you go look up how minorities DO get special classes in high school (they take a generalized class, instead of all of the variety of classes, because they can't speak english), minorities DO get special small business loans that i would not get, they DO (or at least the DID) have lower qualifications as far as sat scores to get into college in ca, they DO have special school loans (united negro college fund), and they DO have a $hit load of other special benefits that a white person would never get. and why is that? because that would be racist!

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
Mainly because we don't have anything to give. My parent have not gotten a damn thing for moving into a "white" neighborhood. And I believe that is an assumption that all black want to live together in the project or in gangs. For some there just are not any oppurtunities. Face, whites have much more and better opportunities than blacks. Hell, I live it everyday as I am a student at FSU. I have had police stop and ask me if I was on the right campus. I have even had a WHITE professor look me dead in my eyes and tell me they didn't expect too much from me because I was probably a beneficiary of affirmative action and probably shouldn't be here. The funny thing was I was the only "minority" in the classroom. Go figure. You want to know why blacks are so mad? REASON #1 right there. Needlesss to say I came out of a "white" high school in the top 10% and got an 'A' in the class. No apology to this day, the guy won't even acknowledge me.

then why are most blacks for affirmative-action then? they want the benefits, but not that bitterness that comes with that?

ryancall32 said:
and you go look up how minorities DO get special classes in high school (they take a generalized class, instead of all of the variety of classes, because they can't speak english), minorities DO get special small business loans that i would not get, they DO (or at least the DID) have lower qualifications as far as sat scores to get into college in ca, they DO have special school loans (united negro college fund), and they DO have a $hit load of other special benefits that a white person would never get. and why is that? because that would be racist!

:confused: I have no idea what you're talking about..my 2 kids took regular classes and finished with 3.8 and 3.75 GPA's..1350 and 1450 SAT's, and got scholarships for college based on grades...so I have no experience with that..when I went though school, we had to perform base on subject matter...my grades from HS determined what Colleges I could appy for..which is what i saw my kids go though, I didn't see anything different, except they would come home and say kids thought they got in that particular college because of affirmative action, and we'd laugh....No one knows how hard our kids work except us.
They are both grads now, and I don't care what ppl think in terms of affim. act.

In terms of the other stuff, you guys are watching the movement to undo some of the unjust things of the past and present. As I've said in another post, some who are less qualified will get though, but that works both ways. this I've seen as well. In terms of money, if there's not a base to work from, you have to start somewhere...In the last 40 years some miniorities, at least in the black community had started making some money to be able to send their kids to community out of their pockets. The UNFund was started for this reason, no early funding and way for kids to afford college..again you need to see the historical portion before you write these..There's a reason for Affirm. Act. I ask again, For the last 200 years that whites got jobs over more qualified minorities, why didn't white ppl cry unfair.

Justasportsfan said:
You should stop complaining too. Geez, I came to this country with nothing but $50 to my name. I even had to borrow the $ to fly here. In 2 years I owned my own home in a middle class neighborhood. No one gave it to me. I worked my butt off and lived the american dream in 2 years.

I suppose you lived here all your life. If a 1st genration immigrant like myself can make it, I don't care what other reasons (other than health) people have. I'm not white either and have gone through racism from ignorant people but didn't let their opinion of me get in the way of my dreams. I'm laughing now and they're still ignorant.

Ok, first let me start by saying, I consider you to be one of my buddies. Now enough with the respects. Time to beat you like the sissy Buffalo fan that you are.

You make a very strong argument. However, a key point that you made was that you are a 1st generation immigrant. With that said you are paving the way for future generation in your family. My status was set for me years ago. Fortunately as each generation has gone by my family status has improved. My grandparents were poor and had to scrap to put food on the table. You see, they lived in the stuff that we read in the history books. Furthermore, their parents and grandparents were slaves and farmers. They had even less than what you had to their name. Fortunately through generations things improved. My fathers parents could not afford to send any of their children to college, even though they excelled in the high school classroom. My mother parents could not afford to send any of their 13 children to college. Thus, my mother had to work all the way through college. My father never went. Somehow, they managed to make things happen and see to it that I went to school, college fund and all. My family name is just now reaching the middle class. For my dads side I am the first to graduate from ANY college. The opportunities just were not there for them. However, they did the best that they could. For my mom's side, I join only a small handful of college graduates.

I understand your struggle in coming here, but I can't sympathize because you came at a time after segregation, lynchings, church bombings, school integration protests, etc. You came after that dark period in US history. As did I, but my parents, grandparents, and great grands have. They set the stage for me, but I respect and honor their generation because they lived through the times. I don't blame anyone here on this site for what happened in the past or whatever, but my history is my history and it is my history because it is my people and it is never to be forgotten.

BTW, where are you from or what nationality?

ryancall32 said:
and you a member of the black panthers, no? cut the bs and stop pulling that stupida$$ race card dude.

Ah, yes the Black Panthers. A group of African-Americans than banded together to protect themselves from the brutality of the racism and prejuidice of the time. I for one supported the cause. I always thought of myself as one of the alternatives to Dr. King had been alive in those times. Furthermore, the best defense is offense, right?

Oh yeah, they didn't burn crosses in peoples yards, threaten families, or lynch white folks last time I checked.

ryancall32 said:
That's true to a certain extent. The local police here have to hire 3 minorities before they hire a white guy. That's reverse discrimination IMO.

However, you guys were also born into a previledged family which gives you a headstart over minorities.

Not everything in this country is perfect but it's the best country in the world to make something out of yourself. If you do not achieve that, there's no one else to blame but yourself.

MDFINFAN said:
:confused: I have no idea what you're talking about..my 2 kids took regular classes and finished with 3.8 and 3.75 GPA's..1350 and 1450 SAT's, and got scholarships for college based on grades...so I have no experience with that..when I went though school, we had to perform base on subject matter...my grades from HS determined what Colleges I could appy for..which is what i saw my kids go though, I didn't see anything different, except they would come home and say kids thought they got in that particular college because of affirmative action, and we'd laugh....No one knows how hard our kids work except us.
They are both grads now, and I don't care what ppl think in terms of affim. act.

and that is great for your kids. they obviously EARNED their way -- and that is the right way. but the point was about special treatment. and just because your kids did not need it, does not mean that it is not used for numerous other "minorities".

themole said:
:lol: This is what I see coming from TeeMoney.

A) His comments are being made tongue in cheek and he's throwing out points to ponder. I've seen him play both sides of the fence here.

B) He failed **** stirring 101 miserably and should enroll in my friend Marino 83s school of "Verbal Acid For Dummies" to get caught up on how it's done.

Glad to see I am not the only one that picked up on this. And didn't he have an avatar with a black guy with gold teeth not too long ago?

Justasportsfan said:
White , black, latino or asian, it doesn't matter you make your own dreams. Those who blame others rather than work to achieve their goals despite the challenges deserve to be where they are at.

I agree mostly, but I do know from personal experience it isn't as easy being a minority. I have some really good whites friends and we've experimented a bit to see the difference in reception and truth in starting the same business with each of us pitching the idea to banks and investors..I think we tried 10 ppl, and we rehearsed the exact same lines and answers.. I think I got 1 of 10 to bite, while they got 6 of 10. It was funny that they didn't have to say as much as I did. We went to the same banks and investors. They were suprised, because they assumed a lot of the same things as some of the ppl on this board. But reality is a little different.

Back
Top Bottom