MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
Glad to see I am not the only one that picked up on this. And didn't he have an avatar with a black guy with gold teeth not too long ago?

they were platinum

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
Ok, first let me start by saying, I consider you to be one of my buddies. Now enough with the respects. Time to beat you like the sissy Buffalo fan that you are.

You make a very strong argument. However, a key point that you made was that you are a 1st generation immigrant. With that said you are paving the way for future generation in your family. My status was set for me years ago. Fortunately as each generation has gone by my family status has improved. My grandparents were poor and had to scrap to put food on the table. You see, they lived in the stuff that we read in the history books. Furthermore, their parents and grandparents were slaves and farmers. They had even less than what you had to their name. Fortunately through generations things improved. My fathers parents could not afford to send any of their children to college, even though they excelled in the high school classroom. My mother parents could not afford to send any of their 13 children to college. Thus, my mother had to work all the way through college. My father never went. Somehow, they managed to make things happen and see to it that I went to school, college fund and all. My family name is just now reaching the middle class. For my dads side I am the first to graduate from ANY college. The opportunities just were not there for them. However, they did the best that they could. For my mom's side, I join only a small handful of college graduates.

I understand your struggle in coming here, but I can't sympathize because you came at a time after segregation, lynchings, church bombings, school integration protests, etc. You came after that dark period in US history. As did I, but my parents, grandparents, and great grands have. They set the stage for me, but I respect and honor their generation because they lived through the times. I don't blame anyone here on this site for what happened in the past or whatever, but my history is my history and it is my history because it is my people and it is never to be forgotten.

BTW, where are you from or what nationality?

No. you future was not set for you. You decide to stick with whoever you desire. My best friend is african american. He is neither accepted by african americans because he doesn't hang out in the streets nor does he dress nor talk like those gang bangers. He is also not accepted by the whites because, he isn't white. This is why we clicked. In the end we both didn't care what either side thought of us and he's well off because of it.

To say that your future was set based on on the race you were born in, tell that to Collin Powell. I bet he will disagree with you.

I'm thankful for considering me as one of your buddies but make no mistake, I have buddies who are white as well.

I have the United nations running through my blodd. White ,asian and hispanic.

ryancall32 said:
then why are most blacks for affirmative-action then? they want the benefits, but not that bitterness that comes with that?

I support affirmative action because it is an insurance policy to me nothing more. It helps those minorities that may not be able to make it happen the way I did. Why be bitter?

Justasportsfan said:
No. you future was not set for you. You decide to stick with whoever you desire. My best friend is african american. He is neither accepted by african americans because he doesn't hang out in the streets nor does he dress nor talk like those gang bangers. He is also not accepted by the whites because, he isn't white. This is why we clicked. In the end we both didn't care what either side thought of us and he's well off because of it.

To say that your future was set based on on the race you were born in, tell that to Collin Powell. I bet he will disagree with you.

I'm thankful for considering me as one of your buddies but make no mistake, I have buddies who are white as well.

I have the United nations running through my blodd. White ,asian and hispanic.

I am about to leave work. We can continue this discussion later.

ryancall32 said:
and that is great for your kids. they obviously EARNED their way -- and that is the right way. but the point was about special treatment. and just because your kids did not need it, does not mean that it is not used for numerous other "minorities".

Okay, lets talk special treatment, for the last 200 years many of whites who were less qualified than minorities have gotten jobs..was that fair or is it fair. Why don't anyone address that on this board, I've asked this before. Did you listen when minorities cried foul during all this time..See when I read these posts, I see the same arguments minorities have been making for centuries...Why is it now more important? Is it because for a short while the shoe is on the other foot, seeing sometimes less qualified get jobs over you, get placements in college sometimes, over you. Again, this has been happening to minorities for the last 200 years...We, like you, know it doesn't feel right. But I ask again..how do you correct the imbalance? You guys now sound like the minorities, complaining as you say. Again equalilty is not easy to achieve, there's always someone to get pissed.

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
I support affirmative action because it is an insurance policy to me nothing more. It helps those minorities that may not be able to make it happen the way I did. Why be bitter?

because throughout college i had to work full-time (and plenty of overtime) just to go to school full-time. i didn't have access to something such as a united negro college fund.

because when i lived in california, i was denied admission to a university because my sat score (1120) was not high enough to satisfy that qualification. but for a "minority" that score was plenty enough.

am i bitter at an entire race? no, not at all. i have friends of many races. but am i bitter because those individuals got special benefits that i couldn't get, just because of their color? hell yes i am!

I bet ya if it was a black man who was given the job before a white guy was interviewed, then there would be none of this crap.

Affirmative Blaction

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
You truly are a jacka** and I mean that in a sarcastic, endearing kind of way as I am laughing as I type this.

thanks. and i mean that in a jackass kinda way.

ryancall32 said:
because throughout college i had to work full-time (and plenty of overtime) just to go to school full-time. i didn't have access to something such as a united negro college fund.

because when i lived in california, i was denied admission to a university because my sat score (1120) was not high enough to satisfy that qualification. but for a "minority" that score was plenty enough.

am i bitter at an entire race? no, not at all. i have friends of many races. but am i bitter because those individuals got special benefits that i couldn't get, just because of their color? hell yes i am!

I didn't have access to United Negro College Fund either. Parent make too much money.

MDFINFAN said:
Okay, lets talk special treatment, for the last 200 years many of whites who were less qualified than minorities have gotten jobs..was that fair or is it fair. Why don't anyone address that on this board, I've asked this before. Did you listen when minorities cried foul during all this time..See when I read these posts, I see the same arguments minorities have been making for centuries...Why is it now more important? Is it because for a short while the shoe is on the other foot, seeing sometimes less qualified get jobs over you, get placements in college sometimes, over you. Again, this has been happening to minorities for the last 200 years...We, like you, know it doesn't feel right. But I ask again..how do you correct the imbalance? You guys now sound like the minorities, complaining as you say. Again equalilty is not easy to achieve, there's always someone to get pissed.

so you right a wrong but committing another wrong? that's the way to do it.

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
I didn't have access to United Negro College Fund either. Parent make too much money.

my parents don't. and i still didn't.

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
Glad to see I am not the only one that picked up on this. And didn't he have an avatar with a black guy with gold teeth not too long ago?

Actually I'm extremely impressed with this thread. 500 + post on a topic that could become very volatile, yet has remained civil, with exception of a little frustration showing through here and there.

[That really pisses me off.I think Saban hired who he thought was the best man for the job.black,white,blue,green...color doesn't matter.why the heck do people try and make racial issues out of everything?I thought they abolished affirmative action,guess I was wrong. :fire:[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!!!! MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!!

I sold my house in a "white" neighborhood (is it determined by percentages?) to a black couple. In the closing papers there is a section for everything that comprises the cost of the house, the loan amounts, the closing costs, money paid by the seller/buyer... all of that stuff. This couple received a loan from the NAACP which amounted to 20% of the sale of the house. This amount covered their closing costs and enough of the house's worth that they were able to mortgage the rest. In speaking with the lawyer and real estate agent after the closing they told me that this loan was only available to minorities moving to a neighborhood that currently has a low percentage of minorities living there.

I was extremely pissed because my wife and I had to give up, save up, and work our asses off just to get a % of the house we were buying to cover for the mortgage, and having to pay closing costs out of our pockets (of course).

I never received a proper answer regarding this loan the buyers received, but I have the paperwork and it is there in black and white for me to see.

Some of the stuff I've written here is tounge in cheek because I think both sides of this argument is silly, honest but silly. I don't feel bad for any activists on either side regardless of how heartfelt their own racism is, deep down in the recesses of their hearts.

Back
Top Bottom