MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring

Jaj said:
Absolute stupidity is what it is. You tell me one candidate available that's as qualified as Randy Meuller minority or white.

Charles Bailey, Jacksonville Jags

Well I don't think anyone that owns a business should be told who to interview. I own a business, I hire the best man or woman for the job, its that simple.

That being said, John Wooten is hired to do a job, and he is only doing his job.

I'm sick of people throwing out the race card when it isn't even close to racism. The Dolphins DID interview "minorities". Get real.... If you are qualified for the job, then you will get the job. No NFL team is going to let someone go, if that person will help them reach the Super Bowl, because of their race. It's not like minorities are trying to break into the league, there are different races established throughout the league already. Its funny how you don't hear native americans, japanese, chinese, or almost any other race use the race card 1/100 of the amount that black people do. Anytime the road isn't fully paved and cleared for black people, it's racism.
BTW.. How can black people complain when it comes to the NFL? What percentage of players in the NFL are black??
The worst feeling is being the best qualified by a long shot and not getting the job b/c a company hasn't hired enough minorities.

My complaint is for all the latin and asian and other minority people other than blacks. It just seems to me that the only time we hear about teams not being fair in hiring HC or FO people is when they don't interview a black person. If their truely for minority people they would complain when there isn't a latin person interviewed for a position and any other minority. Like the person who posted about black QBs if you give them a chance they can be good. well give some other minority people a chance, not just blacks.the only minority people bringing up race is black people.

$$BWCJR78$$ said:
My complaint is for all the latin and asian and other minority people other than blacks. It just seems to me that the only time we hear about teams not being fair in hiring HC or FO people is when they don't interview a black person. If their truely for minority people they would complain when there isn't a latin person interviewed for a position and any other minority. Like the person who posted about black QBs if you give them a chance they can be good. well give some other minority people a chance, not just blacks.the only minority people bringing up race is black people.

The one thing to remember is that Wooten has a job, his job is to bring this to everyones attention. That's what he is paid to do. Fair or on Fair, the man is only doing his job.

You bring up all other minorites which is a good point.

I'll bring up another, the white male that wants to go to college and get a scolarship. But he can't because off the equal gender laws, and spliting the scolarships equally etc...

The young male (any race) that wants to become a coach in say swimming or another low level sport in college, but can't because they keep hiring women because of equal gender.

My point is you can find things wrong everywhere you look, all races and genders have problems(yes some worse then others). It would be great if the best person gets the job without all this, but it will never happen, and it does not matter who or where your from.

This is the world we live in, you just have to deal with it.

Nublar7 said:
They complained when we hired Saban also. However, it made the Art Shell interview look like a sham. Minority canidates should be considered, but you shouldn't be forced to interview or even hire them if they are not the best man for the job.
I agree... Saban and Mueller were both two of the best guys out there.

Who would we have interviewed for the GM position? Art Shell?

NJFINSFAN1, what you speak of is true. All of that happens all the time in any work place. Where I work the women get the the upper positions becasue there are too many men so they feel that if they make the women management positions it will be equal, and plus it gives everyone something too look at. I'm saying this because I was supposed to be a lead in my position but I was de-throwned by a woman because she was closer to my woman boss than I was.

Anyway, my point is that this happens all the time and it will continue, sometimes its honest to goodness someone is more qualified than the other, and other times like in my case its a matter of prefference not job qualification.

I'll worry about this nonsense when the league starts trying out white tailbacks. This is non sense

Whine, Whine, Whine,:goof:

Just the type of reaction one would expect to hear coming from the likes of Jesse Jackson or the NAACP.

If the league has so many minorities playing for it on the field, why in the world wouldn't they consider a minority as a GM. After all, its all about winning and making money, regardless of ones race.

The answer is they would, IF they believed the person was the best one for the job!!!!!!!

byroan said:
It's lame. If our first choice was a minority and we didn't interview a white person then there wouldn't be any talk about it.

that's exactly what i was going to post. these groups say all they want is "equality" -- but that is so much bs. if you truly want equality then treat EVERYBODY (black, white, male, female, midgets, etc.) EQUALLY! if we had hired a black person, then we would not have heard a thing about it. these issues don't seem to work both ways for these activist/civil rights/etc. groups.

calphin said:
[Washington Post] The head of the group formed to promote minority hiring at all levels of the NFL said yesterday he believes that the Dolphins acted improperly by hiring Randy Mueller as their general manager Monday without interviewing any minority candidates.

"We were very, very disappointed," said John Wooten, the chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, named for the NFL's first black head coach. "What they've done is insulted us and insulted the [league's] diversity committee with these kinds of shenanigans. What we're saying to the commissioner and to the NFL is, 'Put some teeth in these guidelines.' If I sound like I'm [mad], it's because I am."

That really pisses me off.I think Saban hired who he thought was the best man for the job.black,white,blue,green...color doesn't matter.why the heck do people try and make racial issues out of everything?I thought they abolished affirmative action,guess I was wrong. :fire:

:sosad:

I agree.
It's the same old tired song and dance.

It's not about "diversity" or "minority" advancement either.
That's sucha crock of %#*$!
We could have hired a Asian, Hispanic, European, Polish, American Indian, etc. and it still would have been an issue because it wasn't an african american hire.

These groups do nothing more but cry at everything and alienate anyone outside of their group who would support their cause if they did things in a positive manner.

Mueller has a long and distinguished career in the NFL.
He was a high profile hire and I doubt there was anyone else of any race with his track record in the GM position available.

John Wooten can stuff it!

I'm not going to say there aren't any qualified men or women of color that we could have interviewed, because there were, but my thing is, why interview anyone, just because it's the rule, if you already know who you want to hire? Why must we give Token interviews? I like what Randy Shannon said during the whole Head Coaching search. Why should I interview? I'm not goint to get the job, i'm not waisting my time. If more people, black, white, hispanic, whatever did this, maybe these groups would back off.

As a minority, I find the concept of affirmative action insulting. The idea that I need help to make it (compared to anybody else) is ridiculous.

AZfinfan said:
I'll worry about this nonsense when the league starts trying out white tailbacks. This is non sense

:lol:

So true.

If you are going to institute "equality" quotas then if it is in fact to further "equality" these moves would have to include all races and ALL positions of a sports team whether it's a Front office position or the CB position on the field.

Back
Top Bottom